Easy 35-40 mg gummy recipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Updated. I changed ethanol and karo syrup to honey. No longer need glycerine. Also added sunflower lecithin. Much better recipe.
I haven't seen any recipes like this on this site so i thought i might share my favorite way of using the keif or rick simpson oil from my trim. Hash or wax could also be used here as well, although you will need to experiment on your own for proper dosing and blending techniques. this recipe makes about 150-175 small gummies, so have molds ready.
Recipe:
1 3oz box of jello any flavor
3 envelopes of knox gelatin
1/2 cup cold juice or water
1/4 cup honey or light karo syrup (optional...this makes the blend more even. Honey is better.
Pinch of sunflower lecithin
7grams of keif or 3ml of rick simpson oil (this recipe will be referencing keif)
2oz honey [heated for 20 seconds in the microwave]...this used to be where i used ethanol (everclear or the like). Honey blends keif and hash much better.
2 tbs glycerin (optional...this is for its emulsive property) not needed with honey instead of alcohol.

You will need:
whisk
sauce pan
molds
measuring cup
cookie sheet or baking pan
aluminum foil
a dropper or empty condiment bottle for pouring

to get started you will need to decarb your keif. follow the online instructions, i use 240 degrees for 45 minutes in a disposable aluminum baking pan that is wrapped in foil.

pour 1/2 cup cold water or fruit juice in your measuring cup followed by 1/4 cup of karo syrup. mix until syrup is fully dissolved.

pour the mixture into your sauce pan and add gelatin and jello slowly. stir well until all clumps are gone. you will need to allow the gelatin to bloom for 15 minutes before heating it.

while waiting on your gelatin to bloom, get your now empty measuring cup and pour 2oz of honey. Heat for 20 seconds and add your decarbed keif and pinch of lecithin. blend well, some keif may settle out, thats okay. set it aside for now.

heat the jello mix on low/medium heat until it becomes mostly clear and melted.

give your keif mix a final 10 seconds in the microwave then blend and pour into the jello. stir well until the mix is fully blended.

place your molds on the cookie sheets for stability and pour jello mix into them. i find it easiest to use the empty condiment bottle or a dropper here. i have also just poured the mix onto the mold and spread out the candy mix with a cake knife or spatula. the bottle is much more efficient and far less messy. you can put your molds in the fridge and in about 15 minutes you have fully formed gummy bears.

i like to leave them out overnight on paper plates just to dry out a bit before i pack them away just to dry out and not be so sticky. you can also lightly coat them in corn starch and shake off any excess.
You can store them in the fridge for several months, or in a Tupperware in the cabinet for 2 weeks,

sorry there are no pics, but this is so easy I didn't think they were needed.

Thanks Lesso. My friend and I have been talking about making gummies.

Lesso I made them with one change to the recipe. I used honey instead of HFCS. Perfect and very easy. Filled 150 in molds and used a Pie Pan for the rest. Wife used a 25 mg from a free state the day before. She says 1 gummy is stronger than that. Thanks for a great recipe.

View attachment 52617hg.jpg

Lesso I made them with one change to the recipe. I used honey instead of HFCS. Perfect and very easy. Filled 150 in molds and used a Pie Pan for the rest. Wife used a 25 mg from a free state the day before. She says 1 gummy is stronger than that. Thanks for a great recipe.

Glad it worked out for you. I usually get 175 gummies out of that recipe. I bet the honey was tasty.

Getting ready to order the molds now. Thanks umbra. Peace

Updated. Took out alcohol and glycerine and added honey and lecithin. A lot less medicine tasting.

Yeah, I can sure taste the alcohol in the ones I made. I did not have any glycerine though, so I used lecithin. My next batch is going to be cinnamon bears and I was thinking of substituting the Everclear for Fireball, so will probably still use alcohol.

I sure like these for nighttime.

The alcohol is just too darn strong for me. The cannabis taste is bad enough but when you add the Everclear.... wow, can you say throat burn.

I also used sunflower lecithin. Works fine. All it does is help it blend. However, I just read something that said they are using lecithin to treat memory loss and Alzheimer's.

Gummy Bear to a better memory. LMAO

Yeah, I can sure taste the alcohol in the ones I made. I did not have any glycerine though, so I used lecithin. My next batch is going to be cinnamon bears and I was thinking of substituting the Everclear for Fireball, so will probably still use alcohol.

I sure like these for nighttime.

That sounds awesome....let me know how it comes out.

The alcohol is just too darn strong for me. The cannabis taste is bad enough but when you add the Everclear.... wow, can you say throat burn.

I also used sunflower lecithin. Works fine. All it does is help it blend. However, I just read something that said they are using lecithin to treat memory loss and Alzheimer's.

Gummy Bear to a better memory. LMAO
Yeah...with honey there is no more burn.

I made cinnamon bears yesterday and they turned out quite good.

I used Lessos basic recipe with a few changes. First, I used 4 packages of gelatin and no Jello. I used a bit of both kief and RSO for this batch as I had both. I did not add any honey or corn syrup to the water the gelatin went into as I didn't want them too sweet. But I did use 2 oz of honey to dissolve the kief in as he described. I also used about an ounce and a half of Fireball to dissolve the RSO in. I added about 1/4 teaspoon of LorAnn concentrated cinnamon oil (which was a bit too much). I added an 1/8 t first and it wasn't strong enough, so added another 1/8 t of the oil and it made them a bit hot. Thinking that 3/16 teaspoon will probably be about right, but you can adjust the amount of cinnamon to your own individual taste. With this small amount of alcohol (and with it being Fireball), the gummies do not taste like alcohol, only cinnamon. I'm thinking of making the next batch with apple cider instead of water for a bit of a cinnamon apple taste.

Latest posts

Back