help growing auto strain outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hey guys, i am forced to wait to do my next indoor grow, and would like to get some meds going outside. I ordered some seeds a while back and got a free critical+automatic with the batch, and decided to give it a go outside. My main concern is the hours of daylight. Currently in my area we are receiving about 13-ish hours of light per day, and will climax to only about 14.75 in a couple months. I have seen alot of info about light cycles for indoor autos, but cannot find any info on growing these strains outdoors successfully, so again i turn to you all here at MP.
just to help you get a feel for what im working with... i will be growing in a 3 gallon grow bag which will be filled with a 75-25 coco-perlite mix and i will be feeding general hydroponics flora series nutrients(i could also use some advice on feeding the outdoor auto) i look forward to your information! thanks in advance

more light the Better....they will flower regaurdless of light cycle...Best Luck coming your way..another thing is whats the temps outside..?

take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
more light the Better....they will flower regaurdless of light cycle...Best Luck coming your way..another thing is whats the temps outside..?

take care and be safe
i know the more light the better =p im just wondering if it will be successful if i do them outdoors only receiving 13 hours a day. and the temps right now are 70's 80's during the day and 50's-60's at night, had a few nights in the 40's not long ago

Go for it. It was free. Don't make the mistake of starting her in a cup. Plant her straight away in that 3 gallon grow bag and put her in direct sunlight for the full 13+ hrs. She needs all the breaks she can get. I don't grow in coco. I usually feed lightly with FN Grow at two and three weeks and then FN Bloom till the last two weeks. I assume this is a single Fem seed? She should show sex around week three.

:ciao: OHC

so nice too see you

:48:

OldHippieChick said:
Go for it. It was free. Don't make the mistake of starting her in a cup. Plant her straight away in that 3 gallon grow bag and put her in direct sunlight for the full 13+ hrs. She needs all the breaks she can get. I don't grow in coco. I usually feed lightly with FN Grow at two and three weeks and then FN Bloom till the last two weeks. I assume this is a single Fem seed? She should show sex around week three.

thanks for the encouragement =] i plan to do just that, which is plant her directly in the bag, i checked on the seed last night and it has cracked and is strating to put out a little root, so i need to get on the ball. i have to go scout my location today, got the bag filled and ready for her though. and yes it is a single fem seed.

okay so im back now. I went to the store bought a pickaxe (brought my bag and seedling with me in my pocket =]) went to the area, decided on a location that would get decent sunlight, but was next to other 2ft tall weeds (for blending in) and went away at a 30 minute pick axing riot. my back is sore as ****, and i cut my hands up a bit digging out the rock, but i got the back burried, and blended it with rocks/leaves and put the seed about 1/16 of an inch or more below the coco and patted it slightly. the coco is presoaked in a water with bout 1 1/2 drop of superthrive to give the seedling a bit of water for its first couple days, and i will check on it daily/bi daily and update you all on progress.

my next venture is to put up a few deer deterents around to keep them from munching it, im hoping the dogs chained up within 10 yards of the plant will help to persuade them to back the **** off =]

Latest posts

Back