how to make seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
i was just wondering how you make a good seed. i was doing some reading about these lowryder plants. seem to be pretty amazing. everyone is sold out of the seeds i think due to you cant clone this plant. if i were to get ahold of some of these seeds what is the best way to make my own supply of seeds? do you just grow male and female cross them and you have good stable seeds or is there a trick

i didnt know that you couldnt clone some strains of marijuana. anyone know the science behind that?

Because of it's genetic makeup, lowryder is pretty much flowering from the day it is planted and because of this I think it is impractical to clone ... correct me if I'm wrong ... Peace

if you make a male and a female of the same "bag " when you pollen the female you will get similar plants to the one that you start with nothing more or less but dont get it twisted its not like with clone they will not be identical. to get F1 hybrid of lowryder #2 you have to mix Santa-maria and Lowryder

o yaaa if you interested in growing lowryder go for lowryder#2 got more yaild much more

night501 said:
i didnt know that you couldnt clone some strains of marijuana. anyone know the science behind that?

The species is called Cannibus Ruderalis, might help if you are looking for info, and yes, as others said, it's veg cycle is almost non-existant.

Breeding is really not that difficult, the plants do all the work. But, as Brouli said, if you don't know what you are doing, I would stick with crossing hybrids.

If I were going to grow something I couldn't clone, and was only interested in seed with good genetics, and not concerned with the breeding aspect, I would grow a male lowryder and cross it with another strain. Some seeds will carry on the same trait, some won't. I would probably just cull the ones that didn't and BACKCROSS the ones that did with the same lowryder father. I would do an initial run, the male and a few fems seeded, clean up WELL, and grow on from there. This would probably be the simplest description of how not to make a mess without doing mass research on breeding.

Good Luck

Its not as simple as you think!

You need to have an understanding of genetics. Just as a basic guide line, I will refer to the Basics of Biology.

You have 3 possible outcomes. Take the famous flower colouring as an example.

If you have a red flower and a white flower[/COLOR] and you cross-bred them.

You have three possible outcomes.

1) Red off springs
2) White off springs
3) Pink off springs

Obviously in the first two outcomes, one of the plants is known as the dormant plant, transmitting all its genetic code to the other plant.

What you want is the third outcome, where both genes have been mixed. However, the degree could also vary, Dark Pink, Light Pink, depending on how much genetic makeup has been taken from each of the plants.

Another challenge you will face is being able to determine a successful cross-breed, with the flowers its easy as identifying the colour code, with a cannabis plant you really need to know your two different strains and determine the outcome from your experience, or invest in $1000 of dollars to purchase your own lab equipments.

The mixing of genes depends on many factors, but in the end of the day, it depends mostly on the unique genes codding of each seed or plant.

From the batch of seeds you create, mostly they will have one make up, but some differences can appear, so from 100 seeds, you may get 5 red 5 pink and 90 white.

The first cross you make will be referred as F1, second cross F2, third cross F3 and so on.

The only way to perfect it is through experimentation and it wont take anywhere less than 5 Years for you to just be able to get the grasps of it, unless you have expert advise from someone who is experienced and can tell you all the info you need to know.

So it IS NOT SIMPLE and yes, for a newbie to believe they can successfully cross pollinate two strains and create their own strain which can hold up from the first try is far fetched.

Its not as simple as you think!

You need to have an understanding of genetics. Just as a basic guide line, I will refer to the Basics of Biology.

You have 3 possible outcomes. Take the famous flower colouring as an example.

If you have a red flower and a white flower[/COLOR] and you cross-bred them.

You have three possible outcomes.

1) Red off springs
2) White off springs
3) Pink off springs

Obviously in the first two outcomes, one of the plants is known as the dormant plant, transmitting all its genetic code to the other plant.

What you want is the third outcome, where both genes have been mixed. However, the degree could also vary, Dark Pink, Light Pink, depending on how much genetic makeup has been taken from each of the plants.

Another challenge you will face is being able to determine a successful cross-breed, with the flowers its easy as identifying the colour code, with a cannabis plant you really need to know your two different strains and determine the outcome from your experience, or invest in $1000 of dollars to purchase your own lab equipments.

The mixing of genes depends on many factors, but in the end of the day, it depends mostly on the unique genes codding of each seed or plant.

From the batch of seeds you create, mostly they will have one make up, but some differences can appear, so from 100 seeds, you may get 5 red 5 pink and 90 white.

The first cross you make will be referred as F1, second cross F2, third cross F3 and so on.

The only way to perfect it is through experimentation and it wont take anywhere less than 5 Years for you to just be able to get the grasps of it, unless you have expert advise from someone who is experienced and can tell you all the info you need to know.

So it IS NOT SIMPLE and yes, for a newbie to believe they can successfully cross pollinate two strains and create their own strain which can hold up from the first try is far fetched.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
bro your replying to a thread that hasnt been active in 4 years....??? whatchu smokin?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some crosses he made.:D

Just jacken wit ya bro.;)

I dont agree with this statement..as I have a few crosses myself...if the enviorment is correct and the feeding schedule is Right...How hard is that?..

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
I dont agree with this statement..as I have a few crosses myself...if the enviorment is correct and the feeding schedule is Right...How hard is that?..

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

You're 'both' correct in your own right. "Anyone" can make seeds... but vhd is also correct in .."..... successfully cross pollinate two strains and create their own strain which can hold up from the first try is far fetched."
Making 'seeds' and making 'strains' are two different animals..

Hick said:
You're 'both' correct in your own right. "Anyone" can make seeds... but vhd is also correct in .."..... successfully cross pollinate two strains and create their own strain which can hold up from the first try is far fetched."
Making 'seeds' and making 'strains' are two different animals..

Yup, and the OP asked if he crossed a male and female of the same strain would he get good seeds, IMO yes he should, every breeding of 2 plants doesnt have to be a massive genetics project, it can just be a seed run.

even if the OP was 4 years ago. LOL

Im gonna Cross Weed with Watermelon. I loves Watermelon.:D
Gonna call it Weedermelon.

WeedHopper said:

MMMMMMmmmmmm sounds delicious.... ok question is how long will it take to dry? :p

WeedHopper said:
opens up whole new possibilities :rofl:
Weedapenos
Better Boy buds
Zuiweedy
asparaweed
and Fried Okrabuds. :hubba:

Yum Yum,,the things we can do with a little pollin.:rolleyes:

Fried Oakrabuds sounds really good with a little Cream Weed Cravy.

I used to breed ..Quarter horses....:p

Latest posts

Back