Teach me about vaping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
The wifey is interested in getting a vape pen for ingesting Cannabis. I don’t have a clue about what works and what to look for. Can someone point me to an introduction to canna vaping? I did a youtube search and just seem to get ads...
I guess my question is mostly about reusability and what I need to get started. I’d like someday to be able to make my own juice but not at first. I won’t really worry about making my own until I get my growing game down and I have a long way to go for that... Can I refill these pens or do I just buy a new cartridge each time. I’m clueless...thanks!

Vaping dry herb or concentrates?

For dry herb.... 1 word. Arizer.

For concentrates it varies. Nails, bangers, ceramic, electric, water, torch.... it goes on.

There are plenty of those around. Depends how big you like your hit. Some of the newer ones REALLY pack a giant hit. I would cough up a lung. LOL

I have about 8 or 10 different styles and my fav is the SEEGO VHit Glacier with a VPro adjustable battery.

http://www.seegovapor.com/vhit-series-vaporizer

The key to all these kind of vapes is keeping the cup clean. As soon as they gum up, they taste pretty shitty. They still work. You just loose a lot of the flavor of the rosin (or whatever concentrate). I suppose if you're using BHO, it doesn't matter.

I just got a nice desktop model (can't remember the name right off) and it came with 3 cups. Stainless, ceramic and quartz. Not a whole lot of difference to me.

EDIT: OOPS.... after looking at what you posted, those look more like "e-juice" type than "pure concentrate" type. The one I posted above is for BHO, Rosin, etc. If you are going to make e-juice (see HempGoddess's recent thread on the mixture to buy), then my Glacier above will not work for you. For e-juice you need a cartridge style or "tank" style like you posted above.

Thanks for the help Hack, right now we’re more interested in just trying out an e-juice kind of pen with an eye towards making our own e-juice down the road. I just don’t know anything about them so was looking to get some opinions here. I’ve looked around the web and utube and I just seem to get more confused the more I read...
Guess we’ll just need to jump in and try one out

I think they refer to the e-juice pens as "cartridges" or "carts". I have a bunch of juice-type vapes too. LOL Most are the standard wick style. A couple are just cotton filters filled with e-juice.

I don't think there's a lot of choices. I think they all work on a basic wick style.

Some of the units have real high power batteries and triple super secret coils that make a vape cloud as big as Mount St. Helen's eruption. But, I think it's still a basic wick system.

Making the e-juice that vapes just right is tougher. I made some that was nice and strong but didn't vape well. The stuff that vaped real well was not as tasty. Ying and yang, I guess.

I am not sure what you are asking? If you are in a legal state, you can simply go to a dispensary and check out what they have and make a selection. You can buy the whole setup there if you do not have batteries (though it looks like you do). They sell cartridges prefilled with (usually) either a 1/2 gram or a gram of liquid. The liquid is generally made with a concentrate like BHO and a carrier. The % of THC and other cannabinoids will be listed on the packaging.

If you do not have a dispensary, you will need to make your own--buying from a dispensary or making your own is pretty much your only options. You can buy "kits" to make the liquid. Some will come with the carrier, small bottles, a cartridge or 2 and a syringe to fill your cartridges. I tried making the liquid from bud, but you really need to make it from concentrates, IMHO. The advantage to making your own is that you can make it from any strain you want. If you go to a dispensary you will need to choose from what they have.

Thanks THG and Hack. I don’t have any of the parts yet, I was just trying to figure out how to go about it and what I needed. After checking options I think I’m going to try a dry herb vape first as I have dry herb of my own. Maybe after I get better at growing I will look into making my own e-juice. In the meantime, thanks again for your help and info...

I am in a legal state but I don’t have a medical referral though my wife does. But there are no dispensaries without driving a good bit. We have delivery services but you can’t go in and browse the shelves. After the start of the new year, we should see adult use stores popping up though I don’t think my county is allowing them. Time will tell....

A lot of dispensaries have on line Menus, so you know what is available. The next best thing to browsing the shelves.

Ultimately I decided that to first try vaping. I would forget about a liquid pen that I would need to worry about what was in, and try a dry herb vape where I could use my own weed that I am familiar with. I opted to buy a less expensive model that seemed to have the basic features one might want. It’ll be here in a week or so and I’ll give it a try. This just seemed like a less complicated way to try vaping, though I’m sure that the different methods make for different experiences as well.

And thanks THG, and Hack for your helpful insight.

For vaping dry herb, don't buy anything but an Arizer.

When I bought mine, the Arizer Solo was the portable model. I think they have a newer model now.

For desktop, the Arizer Extreme beats anything but a Volcano. IMO

I don't know if there's anything better now but when I bought mine a couple years ago, nothing compared.

I don't use the Extreme much any more. Too much for one person. Great for parties. LOL But, the Solo is still my goto for dry vape.

https://arizer.com/

Just so you know, vaping dry weed and vaping with e-liquids are not anything close to the same. I am not sure what you mean when you say you don't want to have to worry about what is in the e-liquid?

What did you buy?

I meant that it seems there are many different kinds of e-cig liquids that are used, and I’m clueless about what might be best or harmful or distasteful. I just decided to try a dry vape instead. I’ll no doubt get back to the ecig style but I’ll wait until they get the adult use figured out here in California, then I can go into a shop and look at options in person. I ordered a cheap Chinese dry vape just to try. This is one that seemed to get ok reviews and didn’t cost a lot. It has a ceramic chamber and a glass mouthpiece and temps from 300 to 435f. It is sold under several different names. Just something to try and then I’ll get something better if it seems like something I like.

I way prefer dry vaping over vaping concentrates. No better taste that the first few hits from a nice dry herb vape.

I don't vape my rosin at all. I cough up a lung each time..... and I'm running out of lungs. LOL I use it mostly for cooking.

I did try making e-juice once out of rosin and it was pretty nice but.... I guess I'm just a smoker. LOL

I don't know beans about what they are offering in the legal states as far as e-juice. But, I think it's all the same. Usually BHO (or some other concentrate) mixed with propylene glycol in 2 or 3 different viscosities. That's about it.

I have read some stuff about the different "flavors" or the different "terpenes" they are adding. Maybe that's what's confusing.

Plain old e-juice like we made in the thread HG started a while back... is simply concentrate (usually BHO but I used rosin) mixed with the proylene glycol.

The best way to learn is by doing. You did right buying something..... anything. LOL At least now you'll know about that one. Problem is... you end up with drawers and drawers of old pipes. LOL

Let us know when you get it and how you like it.

Several people have died trying to vape canna oil and HBO using a normal on the market vape pens and mods in the UK.

Be warned.

:peace:

I live in the U.K. and have not heard of this, can you provide a link HIE!!
Scoobbie

I got a Starry by Xmax for my first dry herb vape - So far, so great!
YL15ei

My buddy bought me an EVOD. It is much like your regular e-cig, but has interchangeable pieces for different applications. There is one for dry herb that works quite well, one for wax, and 2 different kinds for e-liquids/oils. They are inexpensive and I will be buying a couple for friends for Christmas (along with something to put into them). I couldn't get the battery to operate at first, but another friend told me that you had to push the button very fast 5 times in a row to activate it....and lo and behold, it works. It is like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sale-1...var=552349321755&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Thanks THG, that looks interesting, I’ll check it when I get home and have something besides my phone to look... might be just the thing

Latest posts

Back