Grain alcohol (Everclear) extraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
Are there any of my fellow grain alcohol oil producers around here? I do it the same ways the isopropyl alcohol users do it, substituting Everclear 190 proof for iso. Ethanol vaporises at 172 °F, which is 40 ° below water boiling.

I have used EverClear as well.....now I use all my trim to make butter or oil for cooking.

Hamster Lewis said:
I have used EverClear as well.....now I use all my trim to make butter or oil for cooking.
I do the same. it seems all of my friends enjoy when I make cookies. Go figure!

I use 190 proof for extraction or winterizing other extractions. 3 minute frozen quick wash on the extraction side.

3 minute frozen extract-2.jpg

PuffinNugs said:
not if you plan on doing anything other than smokeing it. you dont want to eat iso
I use food-grade alcohol for precisely this reason, the same reason I no longer use butane. My butane oil was good, but I never really felt safe smoking it because of possible residues (let alone working with all that pressurized extremely flammable gas).

PuffinNugs said:
not if you plan on doing anything other than smokeing it. you dont want to eat iso

You're right, but I'm not processing it like others do :)

I using a digitally controlled vacuum refractory system, with a cooling chamber and receiver tank :D . All food grade stainless devices and tubing....running about 3 PSI @ 180 Deg. F.

The final product is PURE trich laced syrup :hubba: I have been planning to post pics of the set up...but concerned some may get hurt, by not taking precautions....I'm in chemical processing by trade.

Everclear is also excellent if you go hiking/camping and use an alcohol stove.

Doesn't burn quite as hot, but more handy for an emergency like if you need a shot to warm up or the like.

Just more versatile than ISO in the woods.

Wet

bwanabud said:
You're right, but I'm not processing it like others do :)

I using a digitally controlled vacuum refractory system, with a cooling chamber and receiver tank :D . All food grade stainless devices and tubing....running about 3 PSI @ 180 Deg. F.

The final product is PURE trich laced syrup :hubba: I have been planning to post pics of the set up...but concerned some may get hurt, by not taking precautions....I'm in chemical processing by trade.

I wasn't impyling that your method was unsafe. Sorry if it sounded that way. I would love to have a sophisticated distiller like yours.

YYZ Skinhead said:
I wasn't impyling that your method was unsafe. Sorry if it sounded that way. I would love to have a sophisticated distiller like yours.

I didn't take it that way....it's all good :)

Latest posts

Back