East Coast/West Coast, Outdoor Satori grow off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
So drfting07 and I are going to do a side by side journal. Seems no ones really journaled an outdoor Satori grow, and people seem to be interested.
I'll speak for myself here on out, and drfting can chime in what he's got going on.
I planted 5 Satori seeds on the 21st, and 5 Beyond The Brain, a satori cross also. This is my first time from seed, so I'm not sure if I'm screwing it up or what, but just waiting to see what else happens. So far, have 1 beyond the brain, and 2 Satori's above dirt. Waiting on the others to hopefully pop up. Here's my few pics so far. Not too interesting, but wanted to journal this grow from the get go.
Plan to veg indoors under my 20K 4 lamp 2foot T5's until the first week of May, then harden them off outdoors and get them growing. Thanks for looking. Really stoked to see how this goes. Also going to be fun having a side by side of someone else from a different region to compare to also. Anywho, here's the few pics of what's currently going on here on the west coast.

1.JPG

New Image.JPG

2.JPG

Looking good so far, im in, i just found out my 2 satori's are both girls, and its my first time growing it also.

I fumbled around with the seeds while they were sprouting in my solo cups every couple of days if they havent sprouted yet, just to see if i could find the sprout, and if not, the seed. Didn't seem to harm them. Just a little info there... if they havent sprouted within their 7-10 days, I'd go digging.

Already impatient enough have done that, carefully. All but one of the beyond the brains have sprouted as of this morning. Just not above dirt yet. Those are the cups inside the house just watching and waiting. The small setup with the light is out in the garage. Hopefully I wake up to more above dirt in the am.

Lookin good ston-loc! I have the same t5 set-up too (4 bulb 2 foot) it works very well. Learned this morning my shipment from TAS has departed the NY sorting facility and ill see those girls in no time now! Everything is patiently waiting in the wings ready to go! It will be no time now Ston!

edit: What Size flowering pots are you leaning towards? Im thinking 30 gallon pots, 3 plants per pot and wrapped and topped in chicken wire as sort of a "scrog" method. Im going for more of a bush than a tree this season.

:ciao: mojo for your fellas Satoris....we did a satori grow outsdie couple years back...IME...she didnt do well here in PNW for me...Ill fallow along though as I love outdoor grows

take care and be safe

One plant per pot Drftin. I'll transplant into smaller gallon pots for veg, then eventually into 5 gallon buckets I used last year. Also going to try out 7 gallon smart pots I picked up too. I'll get more detailed with soil and nutes when the time comes. I'm pretty sure we're going different routes all around on that also, so will be interesting to watch and compare results.

I have something to say about Satori ... Legen ... Wait for it ... Dary. Awesome smoke ... Will for sure in a near future buy 2 bags of seeds to find a nice mother.

Extreme good for happy times ... Very good indeed :aok:

Different routes indeed Ston-Loc. :holysheep:
The Line Up:
****6X Mandala Satori****
1x G13 Labs White Widow FEM
1x Dinafem Critical Jack FEM

Of course the Satori is the most anticipated. I'm going to be fallowing NV's Super Soil mix. Seeds will be grown out in my base mix in gallon nursery containers for 4-6 weeks, then into their final homes with a dousing of Fertilizer Tea. Hopefully with the limited head room I have for my seedlings (8") and the T5 im using, I can squeeze in 5 or 6 nodes and FIM before I harden them off and they go outside. :rolleyes:

Not sure if i will do one plant per pot in 10 gallon prune pots, or if im going with 3 per 30 gallon prune pot. Once in their flowering containers Ill continue to LST/Top/FIM to get some nice bushy girls and then SCROG til harvest. Im interested in seeing how the SCROG works outdoors. Hoping for 4 or 5 big beautiful females at flowering. :icon_smile:

:ciao: Hey 4U! Already have my plans for the hoop house drawn out and the plot is ready, Excited to see your journal this year too.

Thanks for all the interest guys! Getnasty, hope you have a comfy seat, this is going to be quite the Journal. Dman, BHO and Rosebud! I'm happy to see there are some Satori enthusiasts keeping a close eye on this journal.

All my pots are filled with soil, watering jug and molasses is on standby. Germination Station is build and ready for my lovely Satori's. Now all there is to do is wait......:48: Ston-loc, pass it along.

:48:

Few more popped up this morning. Both Beyond the Brains though. So far 2 Satori's, and 3 Beyond the Brain's above soil

Are you using MG seed starting mix Ston?

I ended up using Black Gold Seed Starting mix

Gotcha, im using the same base soil for germ and thru-out my grow. Pro-mix BH with some goodies.

Did someone say Satori?

This is the best one I have grown to date. I am trying to post a picture for you guys. She has a couple of weeks left.DSCF1346.JPG

Just a little bragging. Hope that is ok. I would love to see one grown out doors. You are gonna have lots of fun.

Roddy said:
Ncie Satori, Rose...and the Christmas cactus behind it is looking good too!

:yeahthat: Looking great Rose!

Ston-loc, I can't do an outdoor grow, but I would love to see how Satori does outdoors for you and drftn.

Latest posts

Back