First Grow!! Sack Seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkguy

Its a Midwest Thing!
Reaction score
Well i figured i would go ahead and throw these up um, these pics were taken last week ill get some new ones up tonight. Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated

Currently i have aprox 6,100 lumens and my temps stay 73-79 lights off and on. Humidity is alittle on the rise but steady at 45%. In these pics they were on their 3rd week.

note: the little things in the jar on the right front is now taken out it was a buddie of mines

hippy 001.JPG

hippy 002.JPG

hippy 003.JPG

hippy 004.JPG

hippy 008.JPG

hippy 009.JPG

off to a good start mate hope evrything goes well ill be keeping an eye on your grow n good luck to ya

Well here are more pics as promised. And one pic of some bud im smoking on pretty good out door grown!

Yea its definitly something new to me but im really getting into it so after this grow i figure ill look into some decent seeds . Thanks for the support stoned!

hippy2 011.JPG

hippy2 001.JPG

hippy2 005.JPG

hippy2 010.JPG

hippy2 004.JPG

hippy3 003.JPG

Thanks, i was actually just doing some reading on your grow jurnal definitly some nice nice stuff. Im trying to gather as much info on fertilizers ect. just trying to find out whats going to work best for me.

anyone know of some good fertilizers that you have first hand exsperience with and would recommend? i have looked on the net but their is sooo many choices i dont really want to get something that i have the posibilty of not using properly and messing up my grow...:stoned:

i thought lumens was based on sq footage not the number of plants even tho i do realize their is a limit. I have seen that b4 ill take another look at it Thanks

IMO as far as nutes go I myself would go with either advanced nutrients or general hydroponics. Im using AN and so far Ive seen some awesome results but havent had anything to compare it to. Try one of those both are very good for MJ.

well those are the two that i was looking at what types of AN are you using?, ill have to look at my local shops and see what all they have if anything (fingers crossed) and if not then i guess the net. Any recommended sites other than htg?

bkguy said:
i thought lumens was based on sq footage not the number of plants even tho i do realize their is a limit. I have seen that b4 ill take another look at it Thanks

This is true my friend. But for the amount of plants you have you have to take in to consideration of the fan leaves.....They will block alot of light.

This will lead to the bottom nodes not recieveing enough light and this will cut your yield down by atleast half.

Flouros do not penatrate throught the plants leaves. This is why it is suggested that you use HPS/MH lighting systems.

I have one plant and have over 8,000 lumes and I will not get the load I want because my lighting is not sufficiant for the flowering growth.

We will see, have a look at my grom log.......

first off thank you for the insight i have untill now not taken in that aspect, i bring this to you as a possible solution, if i double that width of the grow area and double the lights (the lights are free), and should i do lst seeing as how its supposed to promote growth on the sides or just do some trimming, that should be better untill i can get proper lighting from htg, opinion?

bkguy said:
well those are the two that i was looking at what types of AN are you using?, ill have to look at my local shops and see what all they have if anything (fingers crossed) and if not then i guess the net. Any recommended sites other than htg?

Well heres a pic of some of my nutes. Whats not in the picture is VHO, overdrive, budblood and scorpion juice. Try here this is where I get all mine from http://www.discountadvancednutrients.com/

nutes.jpg

bkguy said:
first off thank you for the insight i have untill now not taken in that aspect, i bring this to you as a possible solution, if i double that width of the grow area and double the lights (the lights are free), and should i do lst seeing as how its supposed to promote growth on the sides or just do some trimming, that should be better untill i can get proper lighting from htg, opinion?

Good spot to look for lights man. Save your bucks though, They are not cheap but are good piced compared to the others.

Hey Homemadegravity, I just invested in the 2 part Advanced Nutrients System myself and I had a quick question for you. Do you use the exact recommended amounts from the nutrient calculator on their site or do you tone it down a bit? And if you do tone it down what is your nutrient schedule? I used to use GH 3 part and 33% of the recommended was plenty, 100% would burn the living crap out of my girls. AN however seems to be tailor made for MJ so i just wanna be sure before I nuke my girls on accident. Thanks

Chronic007

Sweet thanks for that site, thats propably were ill be buying my stuff from. Along with Chronic007 that is a question that i have!

Clever, yea thats why i first got the site, good prices on lights imo

Chronic007 said:
Hey Homemadegravity, I just invested in the 2 part Advanced Nutrients System myself and I had a quick question for you. Do you use the exact recommended amounts from the nutrient calculator on their site or do you tone it down a bit? And if you do tone it down what is your nutrient schedule? I used to use GH 3 part and 33% of the recommended was plenty, 100% would burn the living crap out of my girls. AN however seems to be tailor made for MJ so i just wanna be sure before I nuke my girls on accident. Thanks

Chronic007

Hey wsup Chronic007 good to have you aboard at MP. To answer you question about the nutes. I dont use the nute calculator at all. I didnt even know they had one till recently. This is also my first time using AN sensi 2 part nutes. I started feeding my babies very early with this sensi grow. I just wanted to see to if I could use it without messin up anything, and to see if it made a big difference. I always use my nutes very slowly and work my way up no matter what nutes they are. Such as the sensi grow for a lite feeding they recomend 1.8ml/L, I was using a 2L bottle and in my grow diary it says I used 2ml of a+b so 4 total ml for the whole 2L bottle. So always always start off small and work your way up. Your plant will tell you when it needs more. I increase my nutes every week little by little till Im at the full recommended dose. I can tell you Ive never had plants that have grown this fast before. Check out my grow journal you will see. Just remember MJ can and will burn very easy so take your time figure things out before you just start adding it to your plants. It maybe is time consuming but its better to increase the frequency of your feeding rather than the strength of your foods.
Also with that website I gave you for the AN products. I always talk that guy down in prices. He sells his stuff on ebay and if there is something on ebay cheaper just ask him and he will give it to you for the lower price. Plus every time I order from him he always sends me a sample pack of something. Very nice guy very resourceful and has very fast shipping. Good luck to you both. Please feel free to ask any questions you mite have.

your plants look good BK, The nutes i use iz Fox Farm's Grow Big, tiger bloom and big bloom you can get all 3 for like $39bucks, i havent used it yet cause my plants not ready they only 1week. Ive seen good results from it and went with that. As far as light, if you LST(Low Stress Training) them you would be able to get the light get to part that would be covered up by the fan leaves, but the leaves will still get in the way to a certin extent. jus tie them back aswell never cut them off. good luck on ya grow

Correct me if i am wrong but Foxfarms is an all organic correct? Their for not requiring flushing b4 harvest?

its organic, but i dont know about the flush b4 harvest, but i would anyway, are you planing on getting a differant light??

well in short yes, but it wont be untill this grow is over im going to try and work with what i have thus far, i have three more lights and i can double that space easily.

Latest posts

Back