Gooch's Precision Scrogging grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooch

Reaction score
Hi all long time, I am about to start a flower cycle that will include 2 normally grown plants, and one precision scrogged plant.
What is precision scrogging? well first it will be called pscrogging from now on. it is a technique of flattening the plant and instead of making it grow north you make it grow east/west. Each plant remains able to be moved without worry of snapping stems etc everything is secured to the device.
Device??? ***. Well the device was invented by scott cambra its called a pinwheel (write up in 1000watts magazine), you secure the device to the stem with tape so it can expand freely then out of the pinwheel comes the spokes you then strap down the branches to the spokes using garbage bag ties just wrapped not tied so it can grow. that it.
So i had a 3 ft tall strawberry kush plant and i had topped it high and had a nice set of branches close to the same height so i decided to use her. I began by snapping her down level and attaching her to the pinwheel device. This is not really how the device was meant to be used but it certainly works well i must say.
First i will show some pics of the plant coming up

View attachment strawberrykush2.jpg

View attachment 20160519_233455.jpg

View attachment sk-3ft.jpg

now for the grow details
I have 3 600w super hps that will be running at 50%-75% I have 1 endomaxx CMH 315.
I use a base nutrient of GH floranova because it is a single bottle formula I do not use a-b systems as i mix in the biostimulants myself using NPK RAW products.
I have a 20 gallon beach cooler that i use for a rez in the summer
I will be using 1 450cfm fan to pull fresh air through the hps lights and also to pull the hot air out from above the lights through rigid duct that has holes drilled into it above the lights. The room has an 8000btu window ac in the room to keep temps as low as possible, I also have several Blizzard fans to move air around. I also have orca film 5ft up wall and on floor.

View attachment new room lights.jpg

View attachment window ac.jpg

Hey good to see you back and growing. Pscrog looks like an interestering cross between a scrog and LST. Curious why you are running your lights at reduced power?

well i had alot of problems with heat as they were all in a 4x4 tent, I had also read a while back that running them at 50 gives great deep red spectrum, had lots of success, but every time i crank em up my heat goes off the charts, I am going to try and get em to 100 again but i need to keep temps no higher then 80 i would prefer 75 which is where i keep it at 50%

That is exactly that it is, its basically flatening and growing out, then letting all the inner nodes grow up i am looking at around 30 legit tops and another 50 or so smaller secondary,
I have also Snapped a bunch if them, to induce larger vascular and growth

Plant looks great Gooch. This is a method that I think might work very well outdoors. I may try something like this next year.

looks interesting.
it has enough support though eh? i'd worry about it tipping and breaking the stalk later.

Kaotik, not only does it have enough support nut the plant is very easily moved and secure, because all the main branches are strapped down and the pinwheel device pieces are tie wrapped together. THG this would be beast outdoors for sure, especially if you veg it like I am

now for the grow details
I have 3 600w super hps that will be running at 50%-75% I have 1 endomaxx CMH 315.
I use a base nutrient of GH floranova because it is a single bottle formula I do not use a-b systems as i mix in the biostimulants myself using NPK RAW products.
I have a 20 gallon beach cooler that i use for a rez in the summer
I will be using 1 450cfm fan to pull fresh air through the hps lights and also to pull the hot air out from above the lights through rigid duct that has holes drilled into it above the lights. The room has an 8000btu window ac in the room to keep temps as low as possible, I also have several Blizzard fans to move air around. I also have orca film 5ft up wall and on floor.

Nice setup, Gooch... where does the A/C exhaust go? Doesn't it stink?

the ac goes into a cold storage area then outside, my house smells like weed 24/7 cause i smoke all the time, i have no neighbors to worry about and im legal to grow.

the ac goes into a cold storage area then outside, my house smells like weed 24/7 cause i smoke all the time, i have no neighbors to worry about and im legal to grow.

oh, hahaha, didn't mean to pry

in 4 grows i haven't even used a filter once, nor even considered using one. I wish i could make it smell so bad that i thought i should have one, but i think that's because i smoke so much in the house its hidden in that smell.

Gooch
Very nice grow you have going there. Can't wait to see more.

Gooch
Very nice grow you have going there. Can't wait to see more.

Thank you nice bud, i was in tents prior but it was too cramped for my style so i busted out and decided to go with 6mil black poly and also orca grow film, i also took the time to re hang everything properly and sacrificed a full flower cycle to do it, i would normally be about 2 weeks from harvest right now, and i am only about to flower.

Latest posts

Back