Rosin.... Solventless Cannabis Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one day people will say, you actually smoked the leaves and flowers?

It cost me $424 to build the press I posted a picture of. My lowest yield is 6%, average 14%, and kick *** highest 28% personally. But my 28% strain a dude pressed for 35 and 42 Percent before my eyes. Definitely a learning curve, but the lower the temp the better. I've been pressing at about 180

SL, I notice all your pics are very creamy and 'waxy' looking. Mine always comes out more like a shatter and a lot more clear/amber looking.

Do you mind sharing some of your parameters? What's the heat and humidity in the room where you press? I have found that makes a giant difference. Also, what temp are your plates? How do you measure the temp? I have heard most of the ones you buy are very inaccurate. The laser thermometers don't work well on shiny surfaces. Just curious what temp you press at and how you measure the temp.

Pressing flowers or keif? Using tea bags?

I'm getting ready to press a small batch and I'd like to try something more creamy. I'm thinking the taste might be better/different than the stuff I'm pressing.

Thanks

Infrared gun in **** on the plates. Solely trusting the pid settings and thermal sensor. I set to 82c, 180f ish. Humidity is usually in the 30-high 40's. The last couple pics were a first for that cakey batter. I think that was strain. Never have before. Also did black Lime reserve and was oily liquid that refuses to stabelize even in the freezer

Forgot a few answers, usually specify hash rosin vs flower rosin. Usually most are flower/ buds being pressed. And yes I use 2.5" x 3.25" 90u bags for flowe. 45u for the times I do bubble hash. Indoor temps like 70-80's pressing

I just bought some 25u tea bags....is that too tight, do i need to go up to the 45u for pressing DIH ston ?

Logically, 25u seems way too small. I am thinking of bubble bags. The first bag (220u) we throw away. However, everything from the 120u down is hash. So, logically, if we press with something like a 25u, any trichome bigger than 25u gets trapped and thrown away. Logically, I would think a 90u or 100u is as small as anyone would want to go.

Maybe logic doesn't apply here. LOL

Thanks for the info SL. I am going to try matching some of your parameters and see if I can get a 'creamier, 'waxier' result. Thanks again

Under heat and pressure the trichome head bursts and the oil is released and squuezed to the area of lowest pressure...thats where your getting the oil from Hack. It seems if your using a manual method of knocking off the trichome heads....DIH or Bubble then that would be a concern.....my goal is super clean rosin with no plant matter....just thinking and trying to learn....am I off in my thought process Hack? I have been wrong at least once in my life lol ...;)

Edit, just dunno if a 25u will cause a blow out @ 10 tons of pressure?

Under heat and pressure the trichome head bursts and the oil is released and squuezed to the area of lowest pressure...thats where your getting the oil from Hack. It seems if your using a manual method of knocking off the trichome heads....DIH or Bubble then that would be a concern.....my goal is super clean rosin with no plant matter....just thinking and trying to learn....am I off in my thought process Hack? I have been wrong at least once in my life lol ...;)

Edit, just dunno if a 25u will cause a blow out @ 10 tons of pressure?

I just followed what Greengene said in the diy video. Not sure the answer on using a 25u filter. Using a 45 on bubble hash it instantly oozes out. Also I use a 10 ton press, but only press up to 6 tons

Ahh really good to know...only order 50 so next order I'll get 100 45u, thanks for the feedback ston. Peace

I'm using 45u for DIH. I haven't used the bags for flowers. I just press the puck in parchment.

I got the 25u bags today so I'll see what happens, just been pressing pucks now myself Umbra. I may have enough hash to press one bag, will prolly wait till I do another shake in a few weeks.

nice ston. i have three harley-tsu vegging. hoping for a good cbd ratio.

Latest posts

Back