2 weeks into Flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeaR_EpiC

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up. Im a first time grower growin 2 white whidows, the are both 3 feet tall and VERY bushy. I am 2 weeks into flowing and Im not sure what they should look like? I am also a little concerned because the buds on top look like they are doing well, but as I go down the plant the size of the hairs is grows smaller than how big the top is.. 5/4...5/3...and so on till you get to the bottom and they are nuthin but little popcorn hairs. I am using some weak 3 pretty week flo lights along the side along with aero garden lights... and I have 2 48 inch t5s above the plants. Any advice will help. Here are some pics... of them before I put them into 12/12 and 2 weeks after..:confused:

P1011083.jpg

aaqq.jpg

aaaaaaf.jpg

WOW! Nice job there FearEpic! Nice and bushy. Lots of nice bud sites going on.

Now the bad news. IMO you're going to need more/better lighting to get those buds to turn into something. Potential is certainly there and you've done great to this point.

So, if you're not in a position to get more light, you may want to consider cutting off some of those smaller, lower buds to allow the plant to focus it's energy on developing the larger buds.

Just my thoughts (though that plus 50 cents won't be enough to get a cup of coffee:p ) Good luck!

Hey thanks man. I mean I could prob get 2 more 48 inch flows but im not in the position right now to buy some sodium lights or anything. Do you think that would even help? Ya I was able to put them outside for the the first month then just bring them in for a couple more hours every day so I was getting some sunlight.. but right now Its just too much of a hastle to bring them outside.. especially when the will only be out there for a couple hours. idk I might just do that.. maybe I can clone some of those bottom branches and put them back into veg. I just hate wasting plant.... lol . thanks for the advice!

The problem with flo's is that they won't penetrate to the lower bud sites, If I were you I would do as BB suggested, and cut some of the lower branches clean off at the main stem. (see lollipoping) it will force the energy to the tops where your light is strongest, and also open up the bottom of the plant area to increase airflow. Your going to want to do this asap, because I normally would not cut anything after 2 weeks into flowering...but you are not far from there, and I believe that it will increase your final yeild...if you wait much longer it may stress the plants, and take away energy to heal the cut sites, rather than bud formation. You really need a stronger light...but since you can't get one now, this would be my next best solution...GL

Well you shouldn't cut off too late into flower of course, but if you are going to cut them make sure they are clean cuts right off.

Don't just cut off the bud sites alone. Cut all clean off so the plant wont have to spend energy trying to repair irreparable bud sites.

FeaR_EpiC said:
Hey thanks man. I mean I could prob get 2 more 48 inch flows but im not in the position right now to buy some sodium lights or anything. Do you think that would even help? Ya I was able to put them outside for the the first month then just bring them in for a couple more hours every day so I was getting some sunlight.. but right now Its just too much of a hastle to bring them outside.. especially when the will only be out there for a couple hours. idk I might just do that.. maybe I can clone some of those bottom branches and put them back into veg. I just hate wasting plant.... lol . thanks for the advice!

Absolutely clone them. Absolutely add more light if you can. But it's a short term fix for this grow. Maybe just ride this one out and get the better light for next time. You can pick up used industrial HID lighting pretty cheap. Typically older magnetic ballasts that generate more heat, but they still work!

That outdoor fix really helped your grow. I was pretty amazed thinking you accomplished that with just flouros. Maybe you can add a few cfl's?

Good luck to you! :cool:

Yeah...honestly you really need to get a good HPS to finish those off...it will be worth what you spend now for what you will have in a couple months! Look through craigs list, and ebay, borrow the money from someone if you have to...but you really need to get more light on them girls...they look really good! It would be a shame to not get the most out of them.

:yeahthat: your gona buy it anyway get it tomorrow morning from nearest place not online order it's your peak time for flowering dont lose more flowering days they look good it'll pay back the 1st harvest

peak time for flowering??? He can keep those vegging for a yr if he wants to, what do you mean it's his peak time? He could certainly wait a couple weeks to get a good deal, vrs running out and buying something he obviousely can't afford. Again you surprise me Zem...with this peak time to flower...when exactly is the "peak time" if you don't mind elaborating?

he's 2 weeks into flowering if he's gona wait 2 weeks flowering with these fluros he'll lose most of his flowering time. i meant peak flowering that is the buds are growing very fast he is 14 days into flowering already. veg em for a year? he'll be rejuvinating them they got buds already. i dunno what you mean by this?? you got me all confused

ahhh got ya yea I misunderstood, and forgot that he had already been flowering...sorry

FeaR_EpiC,

They are right about needing a lot more light. Even a Metal Halide would help or whole lot of floros.

Check the links in my signature for information on converting those used HID (MH & HPS lights into remote ballasts) and building an air cooled hood. Both are easy to do with even the most basic tools and skills. Most importantly, they let you get a magnetic remote ballast light for well under $100 depending upon what you pay for the original light. Both procedures apply to both MH and HPS lights. And my remote ballast conversion will work clear up to 1000s and above so long as the construction is similar.

Good Smoking.

Latest posts

Back