Best way to smoke resin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaraRose

Reaction score
Ok so I have only really been a heavy smoker for about two years, and last weekend I scraped my pipe for the first time. I got a FATTY ball of resin out of it but it's a pain in the arse to smoke..it burns really slow and I have to hit it a ton of times to get stoned. Anyone have a good way to smoke this crap? I am running low on the good stuff and broke :eek:

i smoke resin too! if its runny i put it in a rolling paper. cut the resin ball down into quarter rounds and smoke smaller pieces. its like smoking fuel or something. you can also mix it with ash to make a ball. ill be smokin some resin today actually..how proud. actually this *****. peace!

Anyone have a good way to smoke this crap?

You got it in a nutshell there. This stuff is NOT resin. It is worthless gunk. Best thing to do with it ? Bin it.

it's not resin, persay, but actually the smoke itself that has collected up on the pipe, and it WILL get you high if you smoke it. what I do to smoke that stuff, is use a propain torch to simply heat up my pipe with, instead of a lighter. the flame has to be low enough so you don't go inhaling the torch, but still strong enough so it is really hot, and when you hit that puppy, you gotta give 'er all you've got - it's a fast, and very hot hit - you gotta be carefull not to hurt yourself. the pipe gets damn hot, too. it's a good way to clear out your screen, and bowl-hole, as well. I wouldn't do it too often, tho... I'm sure smoking propane exhaust is not very healthy... but neither is smoking drugs. :D

I usually smoke it out of a bubbler so it doesn't taste as bad. And I break up the resin ball once the moisture is out and it starts to get hard. I hate smoking resin though, doing it right now actually.

If you let it dry out over a day or 2 it smokes better just for the fact you don't have to hit it 8 times before you even good a good whack, thats if it's even moist. I'm not the biggest fan of it but it still can get you pretty stoned, nothing like weed will ever get you but it's better than not smoking at all in my opinion. Usually when I'm dry I scrape my kief collector in my grinder and sprinkle it on top of the resin, that will definitely do the trick. :D

hey, people... I'm tellin ya... when u want an awsome blast, u do what I suggested.. heat up the pipe, and you will get a pounding rush if you do it right... I'm speaking from experience,.. but then again, I could be getting a rush from inhailing ignited propane exhaust...:hitchair:

:rofl: this is kinda like the roaches poll, heck i think we all have been down and out enough to have to have done this a time or two, heres what i do when i know im about out of green to smoke on. Just as im about to smoke the last bit of green in my pipe i scrape out all the gunk, flatten it out as best you can on a piece of aluminum foil (i use the shiny side so it wont stick as much) let it dry out all the way and then scrape it off itll smoke a little like a hash then, hard to light and keep lit but will give you once hell of a rush once your done. Another thing is to take that resin balll and mix it into some shake:hubba: IMO it makes it burn easier and more evenly.:bong2:

i just use a pipe to smoke resin, collect it up, roll it into a ball, use a pipe screen if you got one so it wont go leaking down into your glass pipe, otherwise kinda smash the ball on the side wall of your bowl, then tip your bowl to the side n smoke it that way till it starts to bubble/boil - don't let the flame touch the resin though less you want quick silver backs (barf!)

That crazy vancouver guy said:
hey, people... I'm tellin ya... when u want an awsome blast, u do what I suggested.. heat up the pipe, and you will get a pounding rush if you do it right... I'm speaking from experience,.. but then again, I could be getting a rush from inhailing ignited propane exhaust...:hitchair:

hes right. its basically like vaporizing your bowl.
Just heat up the bottom. plug the holes, then once its hot, slowly $uck through the bowl.
you will get a huge Vapor resin hit.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
hes right. its basically like vaporizing your bowl.
Just heat up the bottom. plug the holes, then once its hot, slowly $uck through the bowl.
you will get a huge Vapor resin hit.

That or a mouthful of resin.

The only way to smoke resin is burning it with your trash.

Growdude said:
That or a mouthful of resin.

The only way to smoke resin is burning it with your trash.

I agree. Resin is a mixture of dried spit backwash from all your buddies, mixed in with pocket lint, hair, dirt, and fromunda cheese from rolling around in your hot sweaty pocket over the summer, and lots of tar and crappy goop that does nothing for you but give you one hell of a nasty breath, and very short lasting buzz that turns into a headache.

Resin out of a pipe or bong pipe is just plain yech! Either burn it in the trash or fireplace and watch the embers glow. Then get some of your own homegrown to smoke.

This is a site for people who grow their own, right? I mean, we do have fresh homegrown, right? Why mess around with resin when you have good weed to smoke? I just don't understand.......:confused:

Resin actually contains no THC, it is now in its deteriorated form of CBD, and this stuff, while seemingly makes you high, really does not last long and the killer headache after is no good, the only way to smoke this stuff is in the trash, everyone here deserves great clean smoke, no resin. that is just me...in a perfect world.
~T-Bone

I like to scrape my bowl regularly and then take the scraping and roll it into a ball; next I like to roll that scraping around in a small jar or container that has the shake from my grow in it. I roll the resin around until it isnt picking up shake/kief anymore, I then smash that resin ball into a larger ball and keep repeating this process until you are hard up and need to smoke resin. Ive smoked a good bit of resin in my day, enough to the point where I was able to keep getting stoned everyday for about a month after the weed ran out; I have learned 3 things: 1.smoking this crap(be it resin or garbage or whatever, WILL GET YOU HIGH...if you are hard-up) 2.Not EVERYONE gets a headache after the resin high, this might have to do with scraping your bowl regularly enough to where its more resin and less soot 3.smoking resin from a glass pipe will, over time, greatly reduce the life of the glass.....I have a theory that this is like napalm on a glass pipe, it has different burning properties than weed and the impact it has on glass is similar to annealing metal.....no scientific research to back this up, just an observation that every glass pipe i have smoked resin out of broke prematurely from what seemed to be a run of the mill slight impact, whereas other glass that was bought at the same time and had tons of weed smoked out of it lived to be much older because bubbling hot resin didnt come into contact with it on a semi regular basis. Moral of the story is to smoke resin out of cheap soda-bottle bongs just to save your glass and make the hit easier on your lungs....
my 2 cents, peace

It's been years since my resin smoking days but I remember my method very well. First of all, pipes and bowls of bongs only.. resin from any other part of a bong is disgusting to me. I never scraped my pipes, i just got em real caked from smoking tones of weed. then I'd smoke an empty bowl.. After 2 long burns it starts to smoke take a bunch of hits real fast.. also if you do this with a friend u can eventually pass the cherry'd pipe back and forth real quick... ahh memories.

since then i'm of the opinion of the anti-resin posts above

If I recall correctly, I used to smoke resin. Not any more, TG! I always got severe headaches from it. I just toss my scrapings now days.

Peace...j.b.

Pot Belly said:
I agree. Resin is a mixture of dried spit backwash from all your buddies, mixed in with pocket lint, hair, dirt, and fromunda cheese from rolling around in your hot sweaty pocket over the summer, and lots of tar and crappy goop that does nothing for you but give you one hell of a nasty breath, and very short lasting buzz that turns into a headache.

Resin out of a pipe or bong pipe is just plain yech! Either burn it in the trash or fireplace and watch the embers glow. Then get some of your own homegrown to smoke.

This is a site for people who grow their own, right? I mean, we do have fresh homegrown, right? Why mess around with resin when you have good weed to smoke? I just don't understand.......:confused:

are you kidding?
Honestly?
maybe just by the mouth piece.....no one is blowing into the pipe, most ppl **** on the pipe.
If you scrape the inside of where you pack the bowl, that is the best resin. scrape around the bowl.
even the stuff on the inside is still ok, its not spit or w/e.

and the person who is smoking the resin, is because THEY DONT HAVE ANY MJ. thats why you would smoke resin........DUH.

HOWEVER, lint is a common mix in the resin; which is kinda weird to smoke lint, but i dont know about spit making it past the mouth piece.

i usually mix it with cigarette ash(NOT TOBACCO!!!) as im scraping it. i usually get 1 to 1 1/2 cigarettes worth of ash in a good marble sized ball.
i dont know if its true but i figure with all that ash it is pourous and easier to light. i can usually smoke the first half of the ball without lighting it more than 2 or 3 times.

Latest posts

Back