Alcohol THC extraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonJones

Reaction score
I'm new to all of this.

Will someone please tell me in detail how to use alcohol to extract THC from trim and/or bud? I already know to use either drinking alcohol, like say EVER-CLEAR, or pure ethanol but definitely NOT denatured alcohol like you buy at paint shops or Isopropal like at the drug store because they may leave residues behind that are harmful to you if ingested.

I have heard talk about just mixing the weed and alcohol together in a sealed container for a while and let the alcohol absorb the THC out of the weed, then strain it through a very fine filter and then let the alcohol evaproate away leaving the THC behind.

I've also heard talk about distilling the alcohol to leave the THC behind and recover a large part of the alcohol to be reused. (Because the alcohol evaporates before the THC supposedly the distilling doesn't hurt the THC but speeds up the separation process as well as recovering the alcohol.)

One of the strangest practices that I've heard of is using the alcohol/THC mixture just like a flavored alcohol beverage which I guess is okay, but personally I like to keep my alcohol daze separate from my THC high.

We are getting to the point that it is hard to store our product and stay within our legal limit, so we were thinking of trying to concentrate the THC as much as possible and tincture seems to give us the highest THC content per weight ratio. Also, from what I can see, the concentrated tincture can be added to oil or butter at the time of cooking so it can be used any way that oil or butter can be used.

Also, because of lung/breathing problems, I prefer to ingest it rather than smoke it.

Thank you. I appreciate any seriuos advice or comments.

Don Jones

acetone teks are infinitely better. less solvent used, faster evap, faster extraction less gunk, can actually make blond hash with 1 or 2 pulls.:D

Another long read, but also worth the time:

A very well written article about THC extraction is here:
(Just add "http://www." to the front of each address)

a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj016.htm

The root directory for this article is:

a1b2c3.com/drugs/

Where Hash and Marijuana are discussed in depth along with many other topics.

DonJones said:
I'm new to all of this.

Will someone please tell me in detail how to use alcohol to extract THC from trim and/or bud? I already know to use either drinking alcohol, like say EVER-CLEAR, or pure ethanol but definitely NOT denatured alcohol like you buy at paint shops or Isopropal like at the drug store because they may leave residues behind that are harmful to you if ingested.

I have heard talk about just mixing the weed and alcohol together in a sealed container for a while and let the alcohol absorb the THC out of the weed, then strain it through a very fine filter and then let the alcohol evaproate away leaving the THC behind.

I've also heard talk about distilling the alcohol to leave the THC behind and recover a large part of the alcohol to be reused. (Because the alcohol evaporates before the THC supposedly the distilling doesn't hurt the THC but speeds up the separation process as well as recovering the alcohol.)

One of the strangest practices that I've heard of is using the alcohol/THC mixture just like a flavored alcohol beverage which I guess is okay, but personally I like to keep my alcohol daze separate from my THC high.

We are getting to the point that it is hard to store our product and stay within our legal limit, so we were thinking of trying to concentrate the THC as much as possible and tincture seems to give us the highest THC content per weight ratio. Also, from what I can see, the concentrated tincture can be added to oil or butter at the time of cooking so it can be used any way that oil or butter can be used.

Also, because of lung/breathing problems, I prefer to ingest it rather than smoke it.

Thank you. I appreciate any seriuos advice or comments.

Don Jones

Personally, i would go with the oils ( canna butter, ect.) or making hash. I'm a med patient and doing this help me solve my "limit" issues.
Besides , by making oils ( cannabutter) cooking candies and baked goods are the BOMB

I made a batch of magic brownies yesterday :hubba:. I ate some more today :). I used the slowmo slow cooker recipe for canna butter. Thanks, slowmo!

Latest posts

Back