Dear Newbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One important thing I learned today is....Do not depend on some one to help you personally with your grow...I mean if you have a card..you be your own grower and you be your own caregiver...do not depend on others to help you grow,,,, except here on this site....good place....i know I sound bitter and i am sorry for it but I just had my caregiver trash my hydro out of anger.......so be your own.....
be safe

tokemon said:
Speaking of being safe. How safe is it to be online posting grow pics? I'm not terribly worried about it but I do wonder why some of you guys with truly impressive growrooms seem to feel no fear whatsoever.

I posted this on my first visit to the board. I have since realized that the moderators work hard to keep this site safe. This earlier comment from me has no nutritional value :D

Rogue said:
If the soil is still wet from last time you watered adding more water won't make your plant grow faster. It may cause root rot and kill your baby.

Being new to growing is hard with out growing in your past. I recommend all newbies like me to listen to what MP Pros have to say & not get big headed. I learned starting with the right soil that is ORGANIC not Chemicaly steralized is better for your plants. Watering your plants to much is going to cause you problems. I learned there a desert plant & can handle alot more drout problems then we think.

Grow Vegs will help you learn & freebie beans is another helpful tip to teach from your own newbie mistakes that way you don't a White Rhino something you payed alot for. I hope this helps someone...

lol I know what you mean about them being able to handle drought. I changed my water schedule when I repotted plants and had it screwed up my watering times so I wanted to leave the two mother I had until the others needed watering so I could get them all on same schedule. Well I left them to long and they wilted on me. I don't mean kinda wilted I mean the looked dead, not a leaf standing up all falling down and rolled into tubes. Watered it left it alone for a few hours and when I went back it looked like nothing had happened.

you said dont cut off leaves, may i ask why? my cousin does what i call "butchers" his and takes almost all leaves off. he says this gives him bigger cola's and end's. what's your take?

best advice i could give mate is check,double check and tripple check security,be very tight with your lips,no one else is going to jail with you,last thing i can give you is, air flow make sure thats bang on and in my opinion youd have to make some big mistakes to get it wrong.

hiddencreekboy said:
just wanted to say that when 2 people know a secret then it is a secret no more------an old ww2 slogan "loose lips sink ships" seems to fit the situtation--------------

You got that right!!!

Stoners love to tell other people they know someone who grows bud! "I'm buddies with this guy who grows..don't tell anyone, but John has a closet.." Word will get around faster than you would believe!

If you HAVE to show off your babies: do it here on MP where it's safe!

halzey68 said:
you said dont cut off leaves, may i ask why? my cousin does what i call "butchers" his and takes almost all leaves off. he says this gives him bigger cola's and end's. what's your take?

:holysheep:

TELL NO ONE.

This is the golden rule. When you get your grow room up and running and producing fine bud, damn you just want to share and brag with your friends what you have done. Well Newbie, that is what this forum is for. Brag about it here. Everyone you tell is a another avenue to getting caught that you have no control over... those people you tell who say they will tell no one get drunk and stoned and start talking because it's a cool topic, and they tell the people who are listening "not to tell anyone". Guess what, next thing you know the world knows and you are opening yourself up to a robbery or that dreaded knock on the door by a warrant-wielding cop. Keep the bragging for here :)

What site do you prefer to start growing benamucc? I want to know the right ways to do everything when it comes to growing.. :)

tcooper1 said:
One important thing I learned today is....Do not depend on some one to help you personally with your grow...

I lost 6 baby clones over the weekend to this. I trusted the person to the point they were taking care of my dog too...

casualgrower said:
One or 2 Grows under your belt????? Think you are successful????? Sit down, plant yer butt and do some more reading.

I saved a bud from the last batch I bought to compare to what my first finished plants looked like dried. I still have a long way to go even tho I'm :stoned: as :hubba: This site was soley responsible to get me to this point, but I've picked up a few books now too... "never too old to learn"

does anyone ever do any outdoor guerilla growing anymore? not that theres anything wrong at all w/ indoor growing. Just curious in S.E. Ky.

I want to say hello im new to this and i want info on the right steps to get started. I already have the spot in the closet.

I would like to know what kind of light i need, do i need to line the walls with foil

banging7 said:
I want to say hello im new to this and i want info on the right steps to get started. I already have the spot in the closet.

I would like to know what kind of light i need, do i need to line the walls with foil

Look in the "toolbar" above the forums... see "Resources"... click... will give you hours of beneficial reading, and point you in the proper diretion..:)

I just joined the forum this evening and have to say your advise was exactly what every new grower needs to do, measure twice and cut once.

#1 rule be a member of M.P! I have learned ALOT here in a short time!

Thank all of you for making me HIGH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back