My first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbysmith4747

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am in the middle pf my first grow and am excited to see what i get from my harvest. Let me catch you guys up.
I started my garden of 5 initial plants. They were under 5 100 watt equivelant cfls for the first 4-6 weeks of life. They are being grown in a closet for the time being untill i can get a tent for them to be in instead.
I Currently have a 400 watt hid setup with mh and hps bulbs. I only got 3 females out of the five so i dont think thats too bad. They got flipped one week ago. They are starting to show bid formation already too. Here are some pictures.
ea24d585de409482d229674f7bf69a55.jpg
597eeb1c5d2c70dede22ec7ca1a1c58b.jpg

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Sending Green Mojo your way. Yehaaaaaaa

Ya i cant wait till the harvest. Would it be too late to put them in a screen to fan them out a little. Kinda like a scrog?

Ya i cant wait till the harvest. Would it be too late to put them in a screen to fan them out a little. Kinda like a scrog?

If The Holes Are big enough In The Screen. Why Not!

Ok cool i will be using 2x2 wire mesh. So 2 inch holes

Hi robby :) That is a great first grow, you will have to feed it right in flowering, what is the fertiliser that you are using? NPK and brand? how much are you feeding? a scrog is a good option you have to do that soon since they are now stretching

O am feedong shultz bloom npk is 10-24-24 and i am going off the package directions. Which i may believe that is not enough. Its gor liquid fert tho its the granuales.

I am feeding now about every 3 days. Just took these pics earlier. Nice little buds there. Almost been 3 weeks since i flipped. I believe they are done stretching. I had to tie them down. I only have about 5 foot of clearance and they were getting too tall.
8e45934ef334ccb54500ecff79b9c512.jpg
6e38ce9a0ed831397adcae7147f3d643.jpg
12784eefc56333416add6d188de394a1.jpg
caf56f3a46198f1d2133b23868539aa0.jpg

looking good robby---i like your idea of tie downs instead of the 2" screen---plants will too---3 females from 5 sprouts is good---they look like an indica dominant strain---what are they

Im.not sure what they are they were some bad seeds from some "shwag" lol. And i qould perfer to use a screen but i didnt get one in time. Next grow will be screens for sure. I dont have a whole.lot of head room so fanning them.oit would be best for me

Orange, why are tie downs better than a screen?

not necessarily "better" in general---but---in this here and now application of a screen with an already flowering canopy will not only cut the light to the lowers that are already forming but would require lots of pruning of those lowers and too much stress this late in the game---in turn---short changing his harvest---lst is great but timing is everything---imo he missed the window to screen and tie down would be the most effective way to get the most of this harvest while still reaping the benefits of lst---the ideal time for Training is passed---time for Low Stress tie downs to put some weight on those flowers

For all those experienced more with this then i am. For being 3 weeks the switch to 12-12 how do my girls look size wise. I see alot of people who have 5-8 week flowering.plants and theors have a whole lot.more mass than.mine. i understand thay a few weeks can make a.big difference but at the rate mine are going im.unsure if they will have some decent colas on them

The buds themselves have only grew about less than an inch so far

For all those experienced more with this then i am. For being 3 weeks the switch to 12-12 how do my girls look size wise. I see alot of people who have 5-8 week flowering.plants and theors have a whole lot.more mass than.mine. i understand thay a few weeks can make a.big difference but at the rate mine are going im.unsure if they will have some decent colas on them

Youre going to have some nice chunks at 5 weeks. At 8 weeks you will need support because your buds will be so heavy........if you do your part.

Youre going to have some nice chunks at 5 weeks. At 8 weeks you will need support because your buds will be so heavy........if you do your part.
Only one can hope

Looking good robbysmith4747 ! Looking forward to watching this develop.

Greenest of mojos to you!

D

Latest posts

Back