Critical super silver haze 4x4 tent grow w scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean the yellowing? Very well could be CaMg. A lot of the suppliments have N in there as well. I found this plant to be N hungry even at this stage of flower.

Nice work Lesso, very impressive. I too was hesitant about trimming but cssh was really bushy and i feel better about having good airflow throughout the canopy, my personal opinion. To be honest i think i may have to do some more in a few days or so.

I need to get under the canopy a little more. I was going to give it a few days due to all the plucking going on.

I am using coco specific nutrients but my tap water is pretty soft so i I'm pretty certain it is cal mag. Plus it's only happening with the newer leaves. I haven't added any more nitrogen for the last 2 feeds because the bottom leaves are quite dark and healthy looking, not too dark though. I ran into a cal mag deficiency on my first indoor coco and it was more advanced before i figured out what was going on. This time I made sure i adjusted the light, flushed and test runoff before just adding more nutrients. It's very minor and should be back to normal within a couple days ( I hope ). I won't be surprised if cssh wants more nitrogen over the next couple weeks either. I'm starting to cut it back to every second or third feed and will see how it goes. I figured it best to try some calmag and see if the colour improves and only add nitrogen if the bottom part of her starts to fade a little bit. Trying to eliminate all possibilities without going stupid and adding extra stuff that isn't needed.

BTW, i find it good to have a bit of space between the canopy and the medium. Makes it a lot easier to pick out the dead leaves before bugs start making a home, especially when you lst.

Thanks WH and RB....i enjoy your grows as well.

BTW, i find it good to have a bit of space between the canopy and the medium. Makes it a lot easier to pick out the dead leaves before bugs start making a home, especially when you lst.

Speaking of lst i like the training you are doing on yours. Are you going to separate them out anymore?

Yes I will be adjusting and spreading out the canopy in the next couple of days. I wanted to give her a rest after the lollipop i did. I don't have a lot of room to move but i will try my best.

I have a 342cfm exhaust fan hooked up to the carbon filter and cool tube, it tends to suck the sides in quite a bit but keeps temps down unless it gets 100+ for a few days in or more. I figured i would get the higher cfm and larger carbon filter if i wanted to get a 600w and bigger tent later on. That way the filter and fan is big enough to exhaust and i will only need a ballast, globe and small fan to exhaust the cool tube.

I have a 342cfm exhaust fan hooked up to the carbon filter and cool tube, it tends to suck the sides in quite a bit but keeps temps down unless it gets 100+ for a few days in or more. I figured i would get the higher cfm and larger carbon filter if i wanted to get a 600w and bigger tent later on. That way the filter and fan is big enough to exhaust and i will only need a ballast, globe and small fan to exhaust the cool tube.

Good call. Spend the money once. Grow your build, build your grow.

Hey Lesso, my cssh is starting to look better, it got worse since the last pictures i uploaded. Second feeding with calmag, just after lights out. I will continue adding it when i feed. The middle leaves are back to normal and the top is getting there. A few more days and cssh will be looking her happy self again. I thought i would post a pic if any one is reading as i had a hard time spotting a mag def the first time it happened to me and once you start to notice the slight discolouration it doesn't take long for it to get worse. I think i will still need to add a bit more nitrogen for the next week or more. I'm a bit hesitant yet for a couple days as I'm not sure if the calmag has any in it.

View attachment 20170111_060943.jpg

I will most likely cut off the leaves that are most affected in a few days or so. I know it's highly debatable but imho it does help to get a bit more light lower in the canopy, not saying that everyone should do it either. I do it sparingly about 4 weeks into 12 12 if it's blocking bud sites. I prefer to tuck but sometimes that can be a bit of a pain.

I will most likely cut off the leaves that are most affected in a few days or so. I know it's highly debatable but imho it does help to get a bit more light lower in the canopy, not saying that everyone should do it either. I do it sparingly about 4 weeks into 12 12 if it's blocking bud sites. I prefer to tuck but sometimes that can be a bit of a pain.

Pluck it or tuck it i say. I think your plant will pull through just fine. Have you given a flush? Sometimes that helps a lot.

Yes i did flush as soon as i noticed. Checked ph runoff lifted the light to eliminate all possibilities before adding any extra nutes. I guess I'm stepping into hydro territory with this grow as i have to feed every day. The last couple grows i did with coco was closer to a soil feeding regime. As it took 2 to 3 days to dry out and i would feed/water. As you know cssh is very hungry and I'm feeding every day. I'm using calimagic which has no nitrogen so I'm gonna add a small amount of nitrogen when i feed her in the morning. She hasn't had any nitrogen for about 4 days now and will most likely be wanting a small amount m

This is what dialing in a strain is all about. At least i will be prepared when i run cssh next time. A couple little hiccups this time but nothing too serious.

Nothing you arent handling.

Thanks Lesso, I'm still learning as i go but it does get a little easier each time.

Day 30 flower.
Everything is healthy and on schedule. It Smells incredible in my tent. I wanted to give some perspective of the canopy. I have several dozen 4 to 9 inch colas. I think these will finish as coke can sized colas.There are also several small buds at just the top of the screen. Those will be golfballs when finished i think. This is a fun way to grow. Im chopping the auto within the week i think. They are eating and drinking on a good pace.
So.....pics

View attachment 20170111_162953_HDR.jpg

View attachment 20170111_163021.jpg

View attachment 20170111_163008.jpg

Latest posts

Back