Vape Concentrates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been doing a little reading and I found sites who sell food and plants extracts and, like you said, HG, try to match a pot tasting profile.

Other sites actually sell the terps from the cannabis plant.

I wonder if here's a difference between limonene from a lemon peel and limonene from a cannabis plant.

Another thing I keep reading about is lipids. I never gave it much concern but I see it a lot. Even Vapeur Extract recommends settling off the lipids. I may actually start doing it. Don't suppose you need to do that to terps if they aren't fatty oil. Is all oil fat? Even pine oil?

I was looking at the new Fitbit Ionic. Pretty neat. However, I don't really need the fitness tracking. I have been working out at one gym or another for 50 years. Actually more. OMG, how old am I. LOL Anyway, my fitness tracker is burned into my brain.

I am way more interested in the sleep tracking. I have not had a night's sleep for a couple decades. Maybe more. 2 hours in a row is about max for me. Either pain, stress, peeing or whatever gets me up every 1 or 2 hours all night, every night.

I would love to track that and see just how much good sleep I really get.

The main problem with the Fitbit is that I could never wear anything on my wrist like that to sleep. I sleep on my hands and that would be right in my face.

I'm pretty f'd up, aren't I? LMAO

Is this the wheel?

View attachment flavorwheel.png.jpg

View attachment jXSS0pS1Sw2p2eq176GL_Leafly-Cannabis-Terpene-Wheel-Infographic.jpg

Limonene is limonene, regardless of which plant it is extracted from. The same is true with all the terpenes.

Hackerman, I think that you may be able to sleep with the Fitbit on--I was surprised I could. I also sleep on my hands. I have deteriorating discs in my neck and it is the only way I am comfey. My sleep pattern sounds a lot like yours. I never sleep through the night, ever--I usually wake up 6 or 7 times a night. I am trying new and/or different things to try and get more/better sleep. Probably going to make up some CBD tincture, as Rosebud said that it helped her trainer get more REM sleep. LOL--this cracks me up...you think you are f-d up and I think I am pretty healthy.

What model do you have?

I'm not as f'd up as I say but I sure feel like it some times. I have been in pretty good shape most of my life but I played hard and now my body is paying for it. Lot of torn tendons. I don't have a full disc in my entire spin. LOL The past few days I come to realize the new knee is probably this year. LOL I just hate getting old. That's all. Watching what was once a pretty decent machine.... getting ready for the scrap pile. LOL

I used to be able to sleep 12 hours non-stop. If I had never had youth and health I wouldn't miss it but alas........ LOL I sue do finally understand what they mean by "Youth is wasted in the young". LOL

@umbra. Cool. I wasn't sure if it would be different or not. I saw some lab reports from some breeder's brag sheet and they are breaking out all the terps and everything. I don't think HPLC is accurate enough to give reports like that. They are showing some very low % numbers. Smaller than HPLC can do.

I made some juice tonight and I used coffee extract. I put 3 drops into a 1/4 gram batch (only enough for one cartridge) and I couldn't even taste it. I thought 3 drops was way overdoing it.

How much Terp do you add to your mix to flavor it.

I must admit, forget all this candy stuff. E-juice that tasted like pot would be pretty OK with me.

The little trics on the plants. Does each one contain a little bit of every cannabinoid and terp in it? Or are some of the trics, TCH while others are CBD and others are linolin while others etc. I believe the trics are called resin glands (yes?) and the terps and cannabinoids are formed in the resin glands but I have noticed over the years some trics are different than others. Some form real real early on the leaves and turn dark (mature) real real early. Even before flowering, they mature. On the buds, I notice before the trics are amber, there is a 'shrinkage and shriveling' of a certain number of the other trics.

I ASSume that every gland has a little of everything but.... I can ask here and you guys won't make fun of me. :)

Hey gang. I was inspecting the Lemon OG plants with my scope (no mites :) ) and I found an example of what I was talking about earlier in this thread.

The first picture is a shot of the trics/resin glands on the underside of the leaf all along the midrib. If color is any indication of maturity. These trics are ready. This is why I was wondering if different parts of the plants have different terps and canabinoids in the resin glands. Or, if every resin gland has the same thing in it.

I looked at the flower trics and they are clear as glass. Just like you would expect at 4 weeks.

And, the trics on the blades (pic 2 ) are cloudy.

I have noticed this through the years and just thought it was odd.

Look at that third pic. I was panning up the leaf and found this GIANT single tric. LMAO

These are the Lemon OG plants and are, basically, healthy.

View attachment stemtrics.jpg

View attachment bladetrics.jpg

View attachment gianttric.jpg

Sorry for machine gun posting...... ;)

After spilling a couple vials in the water and loosing everything while using goldberg'd vial holders, I came up with this......

The angle with the hole is a baby gate holder. We all have (or had) a zillion of these. Had a dog? You got a baby gate. LOL

Funny thing is, the baby gate has been gone for years but the holder was still screwed to the wall. LOL

Couple screws and some misc crap and it works great. It spans my little Revere copper bottom pan and floats about a 1/4 inch above the pan bottom so it never gets metal to metal heat.

After spilling 2 vials, I wanted something pretty solid. LMAO

Just thought I would share this since people are using the vials more and more these days and most people have a baby gate holder in their house somewhere.

View attachment vialcradle.jpg

Hackeman, I have the Fitbit Charge 2. I don't know the difference between the different models. I also have pretty much beat myself up over the years--hard work and hard play. In addition, I had some bad habits that undoubtedly did harm. I do have to say though that I feel a lot better now that I am retired--that plumbing is really hard work and it was just getting to be too much for me. Yes, I hate getting old, too--thought it would take longer. I had to have someone else haul a foot and a half bag of soil downstairs for me yesterday...don't know how the bags of soil got so much heavier than they used to be.

Back to terpenes. I made about 1-1/2 gram of juice and don't really know how much I used because the bottle doesn't dispense in drips like it was supposed to. I am thinking I used about 5 or 6 drops and it was strong. I would use less next time altho others liked it. This is what I used: https://foggterpenes.com/collections/fogg-terpenes/products/copy-of-fogg-terpenes-br-jack-herer This is the 100% terpene and not a liquidizer with terpenes already in it. I really don't get the piney flavor, but it is a complex flavor that is hard to describe.

They also sell liquidizers with terpenes already in it. I didn't think that the one I used had nearly enough flavor and aroma to it--ie neededs more terps. I used this one: https://treesx.com/product/church-og/

I love the vial holder. I generally use a shot glass with a heavy bottom.

I just pulled the trigger on the Charge 2. Should be here in a few days. :) Thanks.

OMG! This thing is so cool. I'm not sure how accurate it is but it's funny that once you have something... you start to notice how many others have one like it. LOL

We had a gig Wednesday night and I saw 4 people in the bar wearing Fitbits. LMAO 3 got them this Christmas and one guy had a real old model and said he's been wearing it for years. LOL I just got mine yesterday.

The Winter weather keeps me in the house so I have not been to the gym in almost 2 months. :( Maybe this will get me back there as I explore the features of my new toy. :)

Although, my main reason for wanting this was for sleep tracking.

First night and it looks pretty accurate so far.

Thanks again for the tip. Pretty neat.

View attachment sleep.jpg

How many steps do you get while playing drums for the night?

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I didn't have it Wednesday when I played but we usually practice on Sunday nights so I may find out this weekend.

One of the guys I talked to said he logged like 100,000 + steps one night playing bass guitar. LOL. However, he was the guy with the older one and he said his was not as good as the newer ones.

Yeah, I think they are pretty cool, too. As the "steps" have something to do with arm movement, it should be very interesting to see how many you have after a night of drumming.

I think that they are probably fairly accurate. When I first got mine, I would make note of the times I woke up and whether I had been dreaming or not to see if I had corresponding data on my Fitbit and it always seemed accurate.

I'm not much of a gym goer, but it does get me up and moving. This is not a problem in summer, but winter weather tends to keep me inside. You can set reminders, if like me, you find yourself sitting and not moving for too long a period. And we live in a house with a basement, so I can get some stairs in every day, too.

Anyway, glad you like it and let us know how many "steps" you get after a gig.

I'm still looking for how to set it to remind me at 4:20. LOL

My wife was laughing her *** off this morning when I asked her to log onto my Fitbit page and see what info is "public" on my page. She looked right to the bottom of the page where your friends are listed and pointed out to me that it said....... "Hackerman has no friends" LMAO

I made some more e-juice today.

Lemon oil sure makes a strange aftertaste. LOL Actually, it's about the best flavor yet.

I am going to try cinnamon next but after that, I'm done with flavors. They all taste like ****. I did try some with just the Vapeur Extract and rosin, with no flavor but it wasn't great either.

I am going to order some of those terps and try that.

I was reading that terps don;t work well in plastic carts. I have plastic and pyrex glass.

I also ordered some ITSUWA LIBERTY V9 GLASS CERAMIC VAPE CARTRIDGE on ebay. These are supposed to be specially designed for thicker oils. I like the adjustable air flow.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-0-5ml-I...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

How many drops of terps per ml do you use?

Also, isn't Vapeur Extract made from Vegetable Glycerin? Isn't that well know now to cause cancer when vaped?

Vapeur Extract is a blend of blend of PEG400, Propylene Glycol, and VG. Virtually all e-liquids and liquidizers are vegetable glycerin, polyethylene glycol and/or propylene glycol. Many are a combination of the these, like Vapeur Extract. I have never heard that vaping vegetable glycerin causes cancer, so I googled vegetable glycerin and cancer and did not come up with much. No one really suggested that it causes cancer. One article talked about an increase chance of popcorn lung cancer with e-cigs (with nicotine in them), caused by formaldehyde, but I never got from the article whether the formaldehyde was from the nicotine or the carrier.

I don't really know how many drops I used as the dropper bottle sucks and really does not dispense well. So, I am thinking somewhere around 5-6 drops, which I think was too much. I did find that those who did not smoke cannabis all the time really liked it though and I gave a filled pen to both my daughter and my niece. This was 100% pure terps, not terps already mixed with a liquidizer, which some companies sell.

I'll check out the carts you linked. Adjustable flow sounds interesting.

I have not looked at credible data about the VG and carcinogens but I hear a lot of screaming in the bleachers.

I would check into it but I don't vape (other than just to play with it all) so the amount I do wouldn't be harmful anyway. Not when I see these kids walking around in these giant puffy clouds of vapor that look like cumulus clouds. LMAO

If I run across something real. I'll post it.

How about the plastic carts and terps? Did you find any problem there? Something about only being able to use glass with terps.

I'll order the straight terps (and maybe some mixed too) and start at about 3 or 4 drops of the concentrate.

Thanks

OK, I think I have this terp thing figured out. I think.

The terps most are selling are also know as (in the true sense) essential oils.

Most are collected from a plant via distillation or, more recently critical CO2 extraction.

Best I can tell it's the same as (most of) the oils that are sold for the room 'diffusers' like my wife has. And, the same as LorAnn's candy oils. Some of them.

Some of them are just 'flavor'. Some are 'oil flavor'. And the real essential oils are just called 'oil, natural'.

Most of the 'real oils' are only available in lemon, peppermint, etc. The 'flavors' are some kind of oil with 'natural flavoring'. LMAO I believe beaver urine would be a 'natural flavoring' wouldn't it? LMAO I love the buzz words. LMAO

Anyway, after some lengthy read and given careful consideration I have come to the conclusion........ BULL !!!!!! LMAO

Almost no one is actually getting the terps from cannabis. I have seen some. But, not many. All the eBay sellers are simply selling natural oil.

They looked at a chromatography report and tried to copy the terp profile.

Everyone seems to agree that NONE of them taste like pot.

Whether it's good or bad is more just opinion.

The "cannabis terps" are selling for about $15 for 3 ml.

The LorAnn oils (which appear to be the exact same thing) sells for about $1.49 for the same amount.

Something is fishy in Denmark. ;)

I received that ITSUWA cart today. Pretty nice. It's different that any other one I've seen in that the entire center comes out to fill it. No syringe needed, I could pour the stuff out of a boot and get it in this opening. Very nice.

It also doesn't have that "metallic" taste that I get with some ceramic models. The 'wick' models taste like cotton and the ceramic ones often taste like metal. This one was neutral.

I'm not much of a e-cig person but this was pretty nice. I also like the round mouth piece. The flat mouth pieces don't always line up with the way I like the button positioned. A minor thing but, it's not an issue with this round mouth piece.

EDIT: Also, the adjustable air thing is awesome. Major difference from full open to full closed. And, although I have not tried it yet, it appears that you can completely empty and clean this one. Which is great for me. Sometimes I make an experimental batch that tastes like **** and I wish I could empty the cart. I usually just toss it in a drawer. Now, I can actually clean out the cart and refill it clean.

I'll let you know how well it cleans up tomorrow when I remove this crap that I put in it and try to clean it up like new for a new batch.

HG, we were talking about how a drum session would affect the FitBit. Finally had a practice last night and played for a few hours.

Pretty neat. It has me on a bicycle ride a couple times. LOL 15k steps without ever getting off my stool. LOL

It had my active heart rate at about 120 to 130 while playing. I never would have guessed it went that fast. I sure don't feel like it when I play. I usually feel pretty relaxed when I play. Some songs, excepted of course.

The sleep thing is really intriguing me. I wake up 30 to 50 times a night!!!!! Only 3 to 5 that I know about. I wonder if the rest are just me tossing and turning. I have been reading a little in their sleep forum and people are convinced these things are fairly accurate. :)

Here are a couple shots of the activity screen during practice.....

View attachment fitbit-1.jpg

View attachment fitbit-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back