Old Fogeys first ever legal grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to come see OF !-- Nice start !-- Best wishes and congrats on being legal !-- Must be nice !-- My time will come !

thanks keef. i hope your time comes shortly. i know massachusetts will screw this up somehow. the legislature already has postponed the date where legal shops can sell by 6 months and are discussing increasing the tax structure that was voted upon by the people of massachusetts. some fat cats are scheming to make this about them getting fatter. grrrr...

are there satori variants? i have 2 out of the 5 seeds i popped that are really leggy. or is that maybe an early indication of male/female? i am going to mark the stretchy ones to see what happens.

i am concerned about the leggyness of a few of these. their lives have been identical so i can only assume it is genetics i guess. prolly take individual shots tomorrow. they are growing nicely. watered earlier today(straight week old tap water). the t5 with 10000 kelvin bulbs are about 2-4" from the leaves. the led is running in the tent about 40" above the plants. temps are around 77 with low humidity (~35%). osciallating fan doing its thing.

Don't worry about the seedlings being leggy. When you transplant them into the next size you can bury the stem like ya do a tomato. It works just fine. Sounds good OF.

What rose said. Sometimes they do that.

the seedlings looked a bit peaked this morning. the humidity in the tent was 23%. put a humidifier in there to help things. i think i had the oscillating fan going a bit aggressively too. turned it down from 'typhoon' to 'breezy'...

View attachment IMG_2657.jpg

View attachment IMG_2656.jpg

View attachment IMG_2655.jpg

View attachment IMG_2654.jpg

View attachment IMG_2653.jpg

View attachment IMG_2652.jpg

View attachment IMG_2651.jpg

View attachment IMG_2649.jpg

View attachment IMG_2648.jpg

View attachment IMG_2646.jpg

View attachment IMG_2644.jpg

OF, next time you might think about using the solo cups and fill the soil 3/4 up and when your seed comes up and is leggy you can fill up the solo cups... Just a thought..

Look at that nordle standing so proud. I love that plant.

Turn your camera sideways as well when you take your pics. I have had a few pics upload sideways as well. If i turn my camera horizontal it uploads to the correct orientation.

thanks rose and lesso. the solo cup thing is a good idea. i have not had seedlings get this leggy since i was a kid in the 70's and early 80's. not sure if the led is too much at this point. as far as the camera thing goes, i was being lazy...

lol. i tried editing the pic in paint and rotated it 90 deg. now it is wrong the other way...

i am also not digging the purple. i need to get some heat going in there...

The miracle of the seed. Isn't it amazing that little baby will grow up and be either a help to get thru your day or help you get sleep thru the night.
A tomato can't do that...just saying.

i think i have a new catch phrase. a tomato can't do that. love it!

dern... i forgot to turn the phone 90 degrees...

so some of the sprouts have purple leaves about from the leaf tip to about 1/3 of the way to the stem. however, you can only see the purple with led glasses on. they look happy so i am not going to stress. er, well i am who i am. AAAAAHHHHHHHH!... i think they are happy... prolly need to either give them ro water, properly ph'd water, some nutes, no nutes, more nutes, some nitrogen, increase/decrease the humidity/temperature/light period, type, lumens, color temperature or not sweat it, bro. this plant in general is a pretty finicky thing...

View attachment IMG_2666[1].jpg

gave the plants their first nutes today. about 1/4 strength. general organics gobox stuff for now. prolly going to switch to earthjuice but i have not bought any yet. there was some discoloration under the led when i had my led glasses on before i dosed them. that has gone away.

Latest posts

Back