Multi Strain Flood and Drain...clone to flower in s.o.g.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hey folks...thanks for checking out my grow. This is my first attempt at flood and drain and sog growing. The plan is to veg out some moms for four to six weeks and take some clones. Once the clones root i will grow them sog style in a 4×4 tent in a flood and drain table. The plan is to find the strain that im looking for...which ideally would be sativa dominant and a decent yeilder. Once i figure out which strains are keepers this will be a perpetual harvest. I will then look to maximize yeilds once i have my strain figured out. So this could be a very long journal.
Ok so strains are:
3 amherst sour deisel...hso
3 purple train wreck...hso
1 cotton candy cane....emerald triangle seeds
1 sweet amnesia...g13 labs
2 lee roy...rare dankness
I also have a few freebies growing along with my moms...couple of autos...bleh...not exciting.
I am using a 4×4 flood table for the mamas with a 1k hps light...i know people prefer mh for veg but i use a hps so i get stretch on my moms...makes it much easier to clone.
I am using floranova bloom with the lucas formula. I will be keeping an eye out for nitrogen
Deficiencies. The medium is pearlite and lavarock. Since this medium dries very fast i flood the table every three hours...so far no indication of over or underwatering. The plants are starting thier second week of veg today.

Room temps are 77-79°f
Ppm is 1200
Ph is 6.2-5.6...still waiting on an ro filter to stabilize incoming water. But this range is acceptable until i can get it to stabilize at 5.8.
Pics to follow. Just ask if i left anything out.

Very nice. Is that white stuff perilite on your pots surface

Yes it is. Pearlite is mixed in the lava rock on the top of the pots. They are layered as such

Lavarock\pearlite mix...top 3 inches
Pearlite...middle 4 inches
Lavarock...bottom

Good info, I was recently wondering about lava rock and perilite, i will be following along.

Good info, I was recently wondering about lava rock and perilite, i will be following along.

Thanks...your grow looks great too. First time with lava rocks here...so far no problems. With the flooding every 3 hours for 15 mins it seems to do the trick. The plants just got transplanted so there was a little stress for a couple of days...now the roots are in the water line on the table and they have started growing rapidly.

Some Plants showing signs of overwatering...backing down the flooding to every y hours.

Today begins week 3.

Looking good, in the last couple pics they look a little hungry, but i cant tell if its just from the lighting in the pic.

I over fed them. And i was using my pump too much...the reason they look yellow is the hps light. I will try to take some this evening with a filter over the camera.
If you notice that some of the leaves are cupping upwards....which means heat stress, light stress, or over watering i think. I think its under control now...thanks for the input.

I would certainly be for either painting the walls white or putting up something reflective. You are loosing a lot of light by not having reflective surfaces up. Flat white paint is cheap and makes a very good reflective surface.

Panda film is on order...good point. Thanks THG!

Moved 5 of the weaker plants to the flower tent. That is my two freebie autos, one sour d that is a little slow, one rare dankness leeroy that looks a bit on the male side, and shark shock cbd-freebie.
That leaves me 8 potential moms for me to use for my clone to flower sog. As for the five in the flower tent i just dont care what they produce....they are bonus buds as far as im concerned. I could clone now if i wanted but since these were seedlings three weeks ago, i want them to mature a bit and show sex before i clone them. I find that doing so gets a better, healthier clone resulting in better yields ultimately. Tomorrow begins week 4 of veg for the mama table. Here are pics from last night. Sorry some of them are sideways....dont know how to change it.

View attachment 1116142148c.jpg

View attachment 1116142148a.jpg

View attachment 1116142148b.jpg

View attachment 1116142148.jpg

Latest posts

Back