Aussie first grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiddeninplainsight

Wake, smoke, smoke, sleep
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is the Start of many good things to come, It is my first grow so I'm more than open to all your advice just be nice :)

Basically I am growing in a small cupboard, at this stage I have 3 plants growing I am in the process of elimination at the moment. One chemdawg and two purple haze. I'm trying to stretch it out to try and get a guess on which will be male..... I think that I have nailed it down two 2 so far. As you will see by the photos I'm growing in coco due to not having enough space for hydro. I'm getting my house next week so these/this plant will be a mother to my others when I move so I would love for them to be perfect and it's a good start.

I will post the photos up tonight of what I have so far,

I would love the help guys so let loose.:icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Hiddeninplainsight said:
Hey guys,

This is the Start of many good things to come, It is my first grow so I'm more than open to all your advice just be nice :)

Basically I am growing in a small cupboard, at this stage I have 3 plants growing I am in the process of elimination at the moment. One chemdawg and two purple haze. I'm trying to stretch it out to try and get a guess on which will be male..... I think that I have nailed it down two 2 so far. As you will see by the photos I'm growing in coco due to not having enough space for hydro. I'm getting my house next week so these/this plant will be a mother to my others when I move so I would love for them to be perfect and it's a good start.

I will post the photos up tonight of what I have so far,

I would love the help guys so let loose.:icon_smile: :icon_smile:

gl m8 good light and good air and nutes are the essentials whats your setup up ?

N.E.wguy said:
gl m8 good light and good air and nutes are the essentials whats your setup up ?

Hey mate,

I'm running it pretty basic setup, growing in coco, using a 2 part coco nutrient with rhinzo root booster and a standard fluro light with a 400w tri band led grow light and 100mm intake and exhaust fans, as I said its only a small and basic set up more of a trail run to get my mother plant and see what works with what combo. So far they are growing really well (I'm trying to get you all pictures but I can't upload straight from my iPhone they are to big so should be soon) and I think so far I have sorted out most the problems it's just a matter of Tidying up the cupboard it's a bit all over the place at the moment.:)

Alright guys here it is, the first photos. sorry about the delays.

I have cleaned up the cupboard a little and taken some photos.

I pulled turned the fluro light off to move the plug and i had a look at my smaller plant.... i don't know if it is just daddy being over cautious of his first born or there is actually a problem. i have a photo that should show what I am talking about, the leaves are starting to get a yellow tinge on them????:eek:

Other than that i would greatly appreciate all of your thoughts and any advice for me, please be gentle because it is my first grow.

grow1.JPG

grow2.JPG

grow3.JPG

grow4.JPG

grow6.JPG

i don't know anything about coco but your babies look nice. Maybe just starting to get hungry.

Thank you rose bud :)

Multi: I do have coco nuits but how do I work out exactly how much nuits per day and how much water a day? It's hard to tell because the coco always looks wet and the water seams to be going threw. That sounded really stupid I know but it's my first time :) thank you guys

multifarious said:
mjp dot com has a Coco specific forum full of all the information you will need to grow successfully in coco.
When I grew using coco in an active hydro setup, I watered x6 times a day with an approx 20% runoff per watering
Coco should never be treated like soil/compost/dirt the wet/dry cycle does not apply with coco.

Thank you mate, ill have a sus now. As the photo I posted before the smaller plant does that look normal or have something like a deficiency?

Im currently doing some plants in a mix of coco and gravel.Will be tagging along..nice grow :)

MJ20 said:
Im currently doing some plants in a mix of coco and gravel.Will be tagging along..nice grow :)

Thank you man, ill be giving an update tomorrow let me know what you think as your in the same ball park :) have you got a journal? I'd love to have a look.

here we are again,

so its been a few days since my last upload, not much had changed. i have my inlet and outlet fans here waiting to go but i need a fan speed controller that can run two fans? or even just ideas on other controllers one with a thermostat would be nice tho??

im upload a few pictures of progress, i need all your thoughts on this subject. the smaller plant in the photo? does it look to have something wrong with it or is just me being over protective of my girls? it does not seem to be growing much/at all? i don't know if this is just me? is there something wrong i have missed? am i just being overprotective?

i need some thoughts in genral on how you think they are looking and if my plant is going to need special care :)

Fire away just be nice its is my first grow :):icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

grow1.JPG

grow2.JPG

grow3.JPG

grow4.JPG

grow5.JPG

They look lovely but I wish i could see a picture in natural light.

Rosebud said:
They look lovely but I wish i could see a picture in natural light.

Thank you, ill whip them out tomorrow in the sunshine and get some good photos of them and upload them. they are pretty average photos.

It doesn't have to be outside, just day light so we can see the actual color of the plants. they do look sweet, though.

Coco Coir! Very nice good to see that awesome soil type be used, good luck m8! Post some more pics for updates!

Latest posts

Back