How long til Sex gets here,LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Im trying to do is ask how long til I will know the sex of the plants. They are in week 5 of growing and are about one foot tall. Im growing in dirt and using cfl's. I recently put two plants into flowering. Im using a 85 watt cfl. They are growing lots of leaves now and have 4 nodes. What do you guys think?

Later:cool:

Usually around the 6th node you will begin to see preflowers. My last grow I had one show at 4 nodes. It can take up to the 8th node as well. When you see alternating nodes know that the preflowers are coming any day if they haven't come already.

My experiance is 4-5 weeks. But of course different strains take different times.

Preflowers usually dont show... until a week or so after flipping the lights to 12/12 Unless u have a auto-flowering strain... like lowryder.

yeah this is weird , my first grow , my plant is showing pistols with white hairs , its about 5 and half weeks old , but not that old considering i was using a shitty fluro light for the first like 4 and half weeks

Well if you are vegging and are waiting for pre flowers that usually takes between 6 and 8 weeks sometimes sooner depending on the strain. We had a plant show balls at 4 weeks old before in veg. :eek: Like KADE said if you put them into flower they usually don't show until week 1 or 2 depending on strain.

I usually have preflowers before flowering. You have to keep checking your uppermost nodes daily. They will show. Use a magnifying glass as well. If it looks like a little rabbit head its a boy. A girl will have a little teardrop shaped deal in the croth of the node, within a day or so of seeing that teardrop, you will have a hair,or two coming out. Keep us posted. This usually happens for me around week 4-5.

Latest posts

Back