First Indoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
my tent is 96 by 54 by 76 in. high.( 3 ) 600w.hps.w/ veg bulbs in for 2 more weeks.5 gal. smart pots,3 fans,1 ex. and 2 oscillating for plants.too tired to go on.this is sooo much harder than my outdoor grows.i so hope it works ok..
plants are 4 1/2 weeks old.mostly cheeses.some are for a bud,just got permit. tent not set up as yet.last year confidential cheese was a BIG hit.my best plant yet!!

Pics didn't go thru, here they are

017.JPG

008.JPG

031.JPG

011.JPG

014.JPG

027.JPG

034.JPG

042.JPG

Wow thats the craziest veg light ive ever seen... Did ya make it??

Also may wanna consider smaller pots... Those pots are massive for those size plants... I dont see why 2-3 gallon would not fit your scenario perfectly + aloow for a few more plants in the tent... It will def save ya $ on soil unless you plan on reusing it...?

The ladies look happy.... keep us posted... :48:

Nice start....mojo for a great grow

:48:

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Wow thats the craziest veg light ive ever seen... Did ya make it??

Also may wanna consider smaller pots... Those pots are massive for those size plants... I dont see why 2-3 gallon would not fit your scenario perfectly + aloow for a few more plants in the tent... It will def save ya $ on soil unless you plan on reusing it...?

The ladies look happy.... keep us posted... :48:

THANKS !! yea,this is a 570 w.homemade light i learned to make from this site.someone had made a smaller verson and i went a little larger.pretty simple. a 5ft. pc. of 10 in. round duct cut down to 46 in. long , w/ 3 pcs. of 3/8 in. threaded rod at ea. end and middle. if i was to do again,i would use the full 60 in. of duct and add 4 more 65w.bulbs for a 830 w.to start more under just 1 light. jmo thanks to you guys for teaching me this!! :icon_smile:

what fan are you using to pull air though the 3 lights?........ nice set up..... and plants.

Grower13 said:
what fan are you using to pull air though the 3 lights?........ nice set up..... and plants.

2 separate oscillating 12 in. Fans tried to top of tent poles. Going to take them out though . Htg has a new stand w/ 2 poles welded together about 12 in. Wide that's adjustable to run from bottom to top of the tent outer wall. It also has a metal perforated plate that runs from the top with a little under halfway to the floor. This is made for adding attachments to your tent. Fans, ballasts ect.They promised me one 18 in. Oscillating fan (they sell) will cover my 8 ft. Tent perfectly. Setting it up tomorrow. Easy, peesy.. Want me to put up a pic when up?? :)

"Want me to put up a pic when up??"

I would like to see the rig.

Newbietoo said:
Grower13 said:

2 separate oscillating 12 in. Fans tried to top of tent poles. Going to take them out though . Htg has a new stand w/ 2 poles welded together about 12 in. Wide that's adjustable to run from bottom to top of the tent outer wall. It also has a metal perforated plate that runs from the top with a little under halfway to the floor. This is made for adding attachments to your tent. Fans, ballasts ect.They promised me one 18 in. Oscillating fan (they sell) will cover my 8 ft. Tent perfectly. Setting it up tomorrow. Easy, peesy.. Want me to put up a pic when up?? :)

Oh damn, I get it, THROUGH the lights. A 424 cfm mounted to top outside of the tent. Has been keeping it in the slow position and still keeps the tent nice and cool
I used hard metal adg. Elbows when making turns. Flex on elbows disrupts air flow so much. They say the s.p. (static pressure) loss of (1) 90 deg. elbow using flex is equivalent to a 100 ft. of metal duct (not good). ;)

I was thinking about running 2 600 watters myself this grow...... I have the room...... I have the light...... just didn't want have to run a 2nd fan duct...... I was wondering if I put them in line would the fan size and duct I have already would keep my lights cool....... I can keep my room in low 80's in summer as long as the lights don't get to hot. Double the size of the grow cut gorwing time in half needed to produce what need for a year so.

Do you have a carbon filter on your light fan?

Grower13 said:
I was thinking about running 2 600 watters myself this grow...... I have the room...... I have the light...... just didn't want have to run a 2nd fan duct...... I was wondering if I put them in line would the fan size and duct I have already would keep my lights cool....... I can keep my room in low 80's in summer as long as the lights don't get to hot. Double the size of the grow cut gorwing time in half needed to produce what need for a year so.

One 6 in. round will cover you as long as you don"t have too much s. p. loss. Try and use hard duct w/ self tapping screws or duct tape.Use hard metal adjustable elbows at all 90 degree turns ( home depot ) will help a lot. Flex in the straight vertical for raising and lowering the lights and flex at light to light connections will be fine. The straighter you keep the flex, the better. As I said, I have run 6 in. round covering (3) 600w and adjustable fan is in slow position and works great. Hopefully not too long a length of the ducts and not more than 4 or 5 elbows. Yes I have a mid size carbon filter at the end of the duct run. I'm not sure but in slow position it's got to be drawing less than 200 cfm..

Grower13 said:
"Want me to put up a pic when up??"

I would like to see the rig.

Stand goes from top to bottom, is adjustable, and Velcros to top , middle and bottom bars. Velcro is permanently attached to the stand in 6 places. It took 5 mins. to install. 5 mins to attach fan w/ 2 screws , wing nuts , supplied w/ stand...I love it. (1) 18 in. Fan covers entire 96 by 54 in. tent as promised.. :D

001.JPG

002.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

having too hot soil, soil too wet issues. there still alive. should i top??? tall plants are 38 in. tall in 5 gal. smart pot. 28 in. tall from top of soils.?? :)

lower 005.JPG

lower 007.JPG

lower 008.JPG

lower 014.JPG

Newbietoo said:
having too hot soil, soil too wet issues. there still alive. should i top??? tall plants are 38 in. tall in 5 gal. smart pot. 28 in. tall from top of soils.?? :)
At 7 weeks, I would be taking clones and flowering.

What are you going to use for flowering light?

Homie
P.S. Nice veg setup.

Yeah its a toss up whether to top or not. They look like they will be fine to top them. It really depends on how much more height you have also. Being mostly Indica they may not stretch too much in flower. I would definitely take some cuttings now if you intend to clone that one, and then flip the lights. :)

way too many(28), should be 14 plants or less. ROOKIE. if i new someone, that had an empty tent, i would be more than happy to split my group in half. they would fill in gaps in no time, back to a full tent. they're still alive and is really FUN!! :icon_smile:

015.JPG

020.JPG

025.JPG

034.JPG

better pics., 3rd week of flower, w/ lil bud closeups.. :icon_smile:

025.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

018.JPG

020.JPG

first indoor grow. almost there. never grew such STICKY plants ods.

THANKS guys and gals!!:)

008.JPG

011.JPG

014.JPG

016.JPG

019.JPG

021.JPG

030.JPG

033.JPG

034.JPG

Latest posts

Back