i have a question about establishing an on/off cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tastyness said:
I had my plants under 1000W from the time they were seedlings. I needed the stronger bulb to keep them warm, and they've done great. My auto's are about 30" high, bushy and healthy.
IMHO these lovely plants can never get enough light- and as Ozzie said move the light gradually till they get used to it.

what light schedule do you use personally? also im curious when to give a nutrient regimen, and what dosage.

I grew mine under 24/0 mh until they threw pistils then switched to hps. GAve her her first bloom nutes then too....Alot of auto's are sensitive so start out at a like and 1/8th or 1/4 recommended dosage and slowly ramp it up if they dont react negatively to it.

7greeneyes said:
I grew mine under 24/0 mh until they threw pistils then switched to hps. GAve her her first bloom nutes then too....Alot of auto's are sensitive so start out at a like and 1/8th or 1/4 recommended dosage and slowly ramp it up if they dont react negatively to it.

did you give them any nutrients during veg? and what type of setup were you using?

WELL no...I let them abosrb the goodies in the FFOF...I did however put her in a 4 gallon pot...I had read on autoflower.net that they are sensitive to nutes so I just let take what she wanted from the soil and fed her FFBigBloom once she tipped up and threw pistils. So to answer your ?, NO I did not use Veg nutes. Still got 81 grams of sticky icky....and 8 seeds (which I ate, they were delicious) :rolleyes:

7greeneyes said:
WELL no...I let them abosrb the goodies in the FFOF...I did however put her in a 4 gallon pot...I had read on autoflower.net that they are sensitive to nutes so I just let take what she wanted from the soil and fed her FFBigBloom once she tipped up and threw pistils. So to answer your ?, NO I did not use Veg nutes. Still got 81 grams of sticky icky....and 8 seeds (which I ate, they were delicious) :rolleyes:

haha nice! well i am doing a soiless 60/40 coco/perlite mix so i know i will have to add nutes. but i have all the equipment to measure and balance the nutrient solution to the plants liking, and i will be sure to keep a close eye on them of course.

remember: too little is fixable....too much is bad.

Greenest of mojo for ya friend :)

forgot to add I used my 400watt MHconversion then a 400 watt HPS for the entire grow...

7greeneyes said:
remember: too little is fixable....too much is bad.

Greenest of mojo for ya friend :)

forgot to add I used my 400watt MHconversion then a 400 watt HPS for the entire grow...
no doubt, and less is always more;p. i have a 400w cooltube hps/mh and a 600w hps/mh cooltube. how many plants you run under 400w?

well I just did the auto as a one-off (long-time photo-grower here) cuz it was an Attitude freebie and wanted to see what the hype is about. I put that one by itself under the 400 watt (she loved it). If I did do another run, I'd just run 4 girls to bloom. Right now I have 6 Jack47's and three Mataro BLue(s) Vegging right now, but when I use it to bloom, 4 at the most (in 2 gallon pots).

I bloom all my photo's under my 1000watt hps...but for one auto that was waaaayy overkill.

Anyways, good luck man, I'll be around if u need some help or want to B S.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

7greeneyes said:
well I just did the auto as a one-off (long-time photo-grower here) cuz it was an Attitude freebie and wanted to see what the hype is about. I put that one by itself under the 400 watt (she loved it). If I did do another run, I'd just run 4 girls to bloom. Right now I have 6 Jack47's and three Mataro BLue(s) Vegging right now, but when I use it to bloom, 4 at the most (in 2 gallon pots).

I bloom all my photo's under my 1000watt hps...but for one auto that was waaaayy overkill.

Anyways, good luck man, I'll be around if u need some help or want to B S.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)
cool, thanks for the help man. if i get the energy ill put up a journal of this run =].

Latest posts

Back