Grain alcohol Shatter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U know anything about genetic doubling to make polyploids ?-- Check UBC Chemo and the story of how David Suzuki created it ? -- I'm up to my eyeballs into it !-- I think I've made a couple dozen attempts !-- I think I'm close to making a stable tetraploid !-- While I wait for prohibition to end I learn and get ready for the day I can release my Frankenplants on an unsuspecting Texas !-- In a week or so I'll be taking this Master Kush which was touted as a tetraploid and making my first attempt at turning it back into one like it was at one time when it was known as High Rise !-- Then we gonna make some hash Cuz !
I dont, i havnt put much thought into plant genetics, i found a company with great strains and i have a **** load of clones available locally. But it certainly sounds interesting

I would love to make my own grain alcohol, rather then buy it but i have to many things going on, growing, creating concentrates etc..
I think the problem with the vg is it dooesnt bond properly, this is the first time using this stuff it is the same stuff used by dispensaries from what i understand. But i am using it in very small amounts, definitely not 1-1 and its not a liquid its kinda firm similar to co2 extracts in vape pens

I am not a scientist i only play one online, i had read somewhere that condensed co2 had some small amount of petroleum used in it? I dunno i smoke a ton and **** is flying by at light speed it seems lol

Me either Gooch but 20 years in the O.R. and E.R. I hung out around lab people who were always eager to teach !-- Then for a few years in a fertility clinic making babies for a living !-- Beat the hell out of working in a 120 degree production welding booth !
O.K. -- So I crumble this up fine or just use keif ? -- Then a cold alcohol wash ? ---Filter to like 25 microns ? -Then evaporate ? -- After that dry the extract ? -- Then mix with Pro Mix or EJ Mix -- 1 to 1-- or 2 parts mix and 1 part extract ?-- Have U ever used a microwave to drive off the last of the alcohol ? -- I'm not talking about making the microwave go boom -- Just at the end !

View attachment 20161030_110900.jpg

Missed a post Gooch !-- Just enough to make it flow in an E-cig ! -- One thing I got is time !-- Back in '99 I slipped on a wet floor in surgery and broke the fall with my face !-- Shattered my face and screwed up my neck !-- Left arm doesn't always work right !-- I'm married to a nurse who takes care of me !-- D.D. is a member here too !-- My plan is to pay the bills with weed and extracts at the end of prohibition! -- For now ? -- I live at the beach --Make wine and grow some weed !-- I get by ! -- The genetic doubling is just another one of my projects !-- This process is what is used to create seedless melons and those big a** strawberries and lots of flowers !-- A normal pot plant has 2 strands of DNA coiled around each other like a twisted up ladder !-- What I'm trying to do is interference with cell division so I end up with 4 strands of DNA in one cell !-- IF I GET LUCKY ? -- I could end up with a plant that produces twice the THC as the original !-- May not happen but what kind of medicine might I find in the unexplored reaches of polyploidy?

I start with keef and then alcohol into a 25 micron filter into a vac.
You need to vacuum heat it at low temps after the alcohol wash, if you do not vac heat it you will get rso rather then shatter and dont let it sit in alcohol to long like seconds, but yes 25micron filter into vac chamber and then low and slow

Got it Gooch !-- Loose keif--- quick wash with cold alcohol !-- warm dry vacuum !

you got it man low and slow it should only take an hour or 2 under vac no higher then 110, also use as little alcohol as possible, and coldtrap to recover alcohol, before it ruins your vac pump

Maybe I take my shop Vac out back and put a bowl with the extract in the bottom and partially obstruct the suction end !-- If it blows up ? -- I'll need a new shop vac. and I know !-- That should let me do it under a partial vacuum and no heat ? -- I have a history of using things in a way they were not designed for ! --
I was truely crazy for awhile after my fall my brain chemistry went haywire !-- I been off the morphine for 5 years (?) -- Cold turkey bout killed ole Keef !-- Now I take decarbed trim packed into empty gelled caps with some oil or food !-- I got plans to get the wife out the hospital and pay the bills with weed if prohibition ever ends !-- Back in the days I supplied 3 dealers so all I need is a little wiggle room !-- Maybe just give U a ticket if they catch U ?-- I probably wouldn't get any more than the one intentional ticket -- to put in a frame !

well i would put a hotplate at 100 degree at least you want to see te alcohol bubbling away

This is a very interesting thread. Thanks for starting in and the good work gooch.

so good news on this front they make a machine for your kitchen now, that allows you to make all kinds of extracts including rose, lavender basically anything you want to extract, you soak in alcohol and then put into this machine and it vac's it off for you, pretty sweet a little pricey but i am saving up its called extractcraft

I use a Mega home distiller for my rso. I have used a Magical butter machine forever but i like reclaiming my everclear.

well i have an mbe2 but that doesnt vacuum off the grain alcohol if you do it over heat it kills the terpines, under a vacuum it boils off at room temp. saving the terps

Really interesting, can you expand more on it's use and your opinion of the unit?

well its use is to extract essential oils, using grain alcohol in my circumstance. I soak my trim/hash/bud in 90% grain alcohol and then strain it through 20micron filter, some coffee filters are 20 micron also. Then i take that strained alcohol and put it into this machine. What this machine does is remove the alcohol and leave behind the hash oil, the alcohol collects inside the device and is reusable, it captures 90% reclaim for alcohol. Then you can take the hash oil and use it to smoke with or cook with etc.... I love the machine although pricey at 600 its good at what it does i have used to constantly for 5 days now making all kinds of experiments, some better then others all good enough to work with lol.

cool stuff---does the recovered alcohol taste like herb---making the alcohol "infused"

no it does not, once it is separated its 99% pure alcohol. to make infused alcohol you would not distill it

Latest posts

Back