Vape Concentrates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for reporting back. That s pretty interesting. I do know that drumming is quite strenuous...especially considering that you are sitting the whole time. Guess that might be why the Fitbit recognized it as bicycling. I used to marvel that my boyfriend could keep moving like that all evening with only short breaks every hour. What kind of music do you guys play?

I wake up a whole lot of times, too. I don't really know why, unless it is for a bathroom trip. I like my bed, my pain levels are low, and I don't drink anything with caffeine in it after mid afternoon. Decided to order a memory foam topper to see if it helps as my bed is quite firm. I'll have to check out the sleep forum.

I would guess that drumming is a lot like dancing except maybe less impacting on the joints. I don’t really feel tired when dancing but I’m sure the heart rate goes up... I found out 2 years ago at my daughters wedding that dancing or at least the way I do, is hard on my joints....Could barely walk for about 2 months...music still moves me to try though.

I'm not real happy with my e-juice results so far.

I have come to the realization that all that flavor crap is not what I want. I like the plain taste better.

So, I have just been using Vapeur Extract, flavorless and rosin.

I have been going 2:1 with VE to rosin and it's still too thick. I tried some at 4:1 and it vaped great but it was too weak.

I did some 1:1 and it just dried up in the cart.

The rosin is like BHO. Kind of like shatter or wax. It's definitely not fluid in any way. The VE does thin it down some but, definitely not enough for me.

I think the e-juice should be less like Karo and more like Log Cabin.

Are you happy with yours and the way you are making it?

I am going to winterize my rosin next and see if that helps.

I have to say that I have not found any vape liquid to be strong enough. This includes the ones I buy at the dispensary. They can also make me cough more--can't figure this out as they are supposed to be safer, cleaner. I usually only use the vape pen when smoking is "inconvenient"--say working out in the garden, around other people/children that smoking might bother, in a vehicle. I just like the taste and smell of cannabis, I don't think I could ever go totally to a vape pen.

I have not made my own rosin, but have used BHO (or other concentrate) that I purchased at the dispensary (is the dispensary stuff winterized?). I have also used keif that I made. I (think I) mixed it at about a 2:1 ratio, but it could be off some. Trying to remember exactly how I measured the liquidizer and can't remember. This is with Vapeur Extract (flavorless), so it is the same liquidizer. I'll continue to screw around with vape concentrates some as I really want to like them--so easy and convenient to use a vape pen.

So, you and I are in the same boat. LOL I don't really like the vape. I use it indoors at the bar on Wednesday nights and that's about it. LOL Or anyplace you just can't smoke.

As for coughing, we are in the same boat there as well. And, we are not alone. Vaping glycerin and PG and PEG and all the other crap that's in e-cigs bothers a lot of people's throats and makes plenty of people cough more than smoking (so they say). I found that turning down the temp lower and lower until it's not "hot" on my throat helps. Albeit, by then, I don't get a very big hit.

I have been making it 2:1 also. I tried some 1:1 but it was so thick after it got in the cart, it just hardened up to shatter again. LOL

Again, like you, I would love to learn to enjoy this. Lots of cool vape toys. And, it is sooooo convenient. Fill a cart and you're good for the entire night. How many pipes can you fill once a night? LOL

I have purchase a Buchner funnel and some Everclear and some other toys. I am going to try to clean this up to get it so I can use a 1:1 (or less) that works. I could probably live with a 1:1 mix as far as potency.

What I really want to do is eliminate the Vapeur Extract. The Ivana (or whatever) cartridge we discussed earlier in this thread is supposed to be able to process straight BHO/Rosin/etc. No way. My rosin is hard. Or, at best sticky. It NEVER flows. LOL It would simply get in that cart and harden up. It would never get through those tiny holes to the ceramic heater/vaporizer thingy.

Like I said, I am going to try some things to thin down the rosin with a little VE as possible. I'll let you know if I hit any breakthroughs. LOL

Heck, I'm a smoker, plain and simple. LOL

I have an EvoD vape pen "set" that came with a battery and several different types of "cartridges". There is one for dry herb. It works fine, but you can't put much in it. There are 2 for vape liquids--one of them is plastic and I haven't used it. It has a globe like thing for concentrates. Maybe this is the kind of thing you want to look at if you want to smoke pure concentrate out of a pen. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1100mAh-4-...hash=item3afd54cb1a:m:mFgHJDz-iV6J2Ri89jrSeFA

I have that exact same set. LMAO

I have so many vapes and pipes that it's crazy.

One thing I have learned about oil/wax/bho/rosin/whatever is that you can't use anything with an exposed coil.

There's no real good way to clean it and after 4 or 5 hits, the ash builds up around the coil and every hit tastes like poo poo. I have soaked them and scraped them. I even bought a pack of 100 of those 'globe' things with the coil inside and used a new one every few hits. LMAO I have a giant jar a filthy dirty coils. LMAO

What I have found that works for the oil thing is a quartz bowl. A banger works pretty well but I don't like using the big torch and heat deal. Reminds me too much of doing crack. But, you can swipe it with an alcohol soaked Q-tip after each bowl and it stays nice and squeaky clean.

So, what I have now that is on my favorites list is a GreenLiteVapes G9 H-enail. It comes with 3 bowls and one is quartz. It doesn't have a coil in the bowl. Rather, there is a 'hump' in the middle of the bowl and a ceramic heating rods fits nice and snug into the 'hump' and heats the bowl from the underside.

Works great. Battery never lasts an entire day so that kind of sux. It's a terrible design and it falls over more than a drunk. Still, it's about the best hit I can get from oil/wax/bho/rosin

I'm still looking for something better. It would also be great to find something I could fill and take out for the night without having to fill it again all night. That's what's so nice about the e-juice vapes. No re-filling pipes all night long. Great for going out.

That plastic cheapo cart in that kit is about the best e-juice cart I have used. They are only about 50 cents each, in bulk but they work great. I use mine once or twice and toss it. I bought a pack of 50 for about 25 bux.

I have never found a good dry herb vape that fits a 510 battery. I have the Seego VHit model and it's about as good as I found and it still sux. The Arizer Solo beats anything I have ever used with a 510 battery. Again, it's not really a 'carry' vape.

Hey HG, I think I found a solution.

I found a product that has no exposed coils. It's just a quartz bucket (I have come to like quartz over TI or ceramic for taste) with coils under the bucket that heat it. It's called the Qbowl by Pied Piper. It uses a standard 510 thread so it's super compatible with battery selection.

http://www.piedpiperpens.com/

I put it on my best battery and it didn't even make it glow red. LOL So, I went to F**kCombustion and asked around a little. They set me up with something called a mod box. Apparently a super-battery with an operating system and upgradable firmware (technology may have gone too far. LOL)

I bought the Evic Basic but I guess most any would do. They all have power settings and amp settings and ohm settings and this setting and that setting. LOL

Anyway, I finally got everything today and so far I am mixed. It definitely works. I don't know how to use it all yet so I hate it but I'm pretty sure it's user error so I'll withhold judgement until later.

However, start looking at this stuff. I like quartz but you might like the ceramic or Titanium better. One thing about rosin vapes is that you have to be able to clean the bowl or every hit tastes like old **** rosin. A quick wipe with a Q-tip and quartz is like new clean. My latest LemonOG rosin tastes like lemonade. LOL

Anyway, I think they call them wax or atomizers or whatever, but they are different that the carts that use e-juice. I'll skip the PG and vape straight rosin if I can do it in a portable that I can travel with.

The batteries are called mod boxes. I'm not sure what makes one different than the other but the come in different size/amphour ratings and probably have some different features.

I'll post links if I find anything special but, meanwhile, you might want to start looking at the mod box thing. That's what we need to vape rosin and get away from the whole e-juice thing.

I'll say this, this box and Qbowl will boil the rosin on full power. I don't like the way it draws and some other things but, it definitely will cook this stuff with no problem.

I think we're, at least, on the right track here.

Well, that pied Piper QBowl was a piece of crap.

However, the people over at FC have been helping me out and I found an awesome burner. Just incredible.

It's called a Divine Tribe V3.

It retails for about 40 bux but if you search the name and "$27.10" you'll find a discount page for FC members that sells it for $27.10.

Worth ever penny.

I have not tried it on a standard pen battery yet but I don't expect it would work. Seems like none of them do. You need the mod box. I got the cheapo little eVic basic and it's great but the battery doesn't last a great long time.

Just updating you so when you start squishing and become addicted to rosin, you'll have all your tools. LMAO

LOL--was going to ask you what FC was...but found out. What mod box do you use?

I did one squish and got almost nothing. I am thinking that I am going to need to get some Boveda packs to regulate the humidity.

First squishes are always disappointing. I'm not sure why but it's real real common.

You'll find your sweet spot. Most presses should give you a 10% yield. A 2 gram puck yields .2 grams of rosin for me. However, a 3 gram puck only yields about .22 grams of rosin.

The mod box I am using is the eVic Basic. Cheap and small but has all the features. I am going to get a bigger one simply for longer lasting battery. Some boxes will take 2 or even 3 batteries.

The people over at FC are pretty nice and helpful. Lots of guidance from vintage members. I also bought a Chewy2 grinder but I have not completed testing on it yet.

And, I am ordering a DynaCap VapCap today. LOL

I hate vaping herb but I want to try every avenue before I give up. Vaping rosin is awesome in my G9 vape. These (and clones like the Dr Dabber) are everywhere, affordable, and work great for a desktop rosin device.

LOL getting the "new gear" fever. LOL

Bought a "Chube" grinder....... don't bother.

Good article:
How to Winterize Rosin: A Complete Guide
video & article by
John Brown
Uses a
.22u syringe filter
1630871374309.png

1630871466628.png

HASH OIL : Below article taught me finally after many attempts—

Great Article:
June 28, 2017
CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER

My pure oil technique:

—Homemade (licensed MO Medical Cultivator))

I usually use about 12 to 14 ounces Everclear to 1 ounce herb… 25 minute soak @

-50/-60f range IN cooler with Dry-ice on top on a screen in cooler, because the gas goes down when it evaporates…

(extremely important to keep -50 f cold until 1st filtering completed),

Of course alcohol and herb are in separate Mason jars at this point … Once The alcohol and herb are combined gentle stir 3 or 4 times during 25 minute soak, & shut cooler lid…((4 Oz Max per run for me, Grind herbs using kitchen “glass peanut hand grinder”— comes out about twice the size of joint material))

1st Filtering: After soaking herb/alcohol…1st filter off “very fast” while cold using 75um filter (I use ice Hash bubble bags, they separate alcohol oil wash VERT fast),

2nd filtering use a 25um filter (use the 25 µm bubble bag or a brown coffee filter which is also 25 µm, this removes the remaining sediment) , Obviously the first filtering is the most important (remember the whole purpose of the super low freezing temperature is to isolate all of the “”fats, waxes and chlorophyll””

that you do not want in your Vape oil)…

Now, Evaporate using hot plate or electric skillet (Or let it evaporate naturally in the sun covered with cheese cloth, and no you will not degrade THC continent In a short period) & alcohol mixture in Pyrex dish on top… I like to keep skillet temperature under 160f this keeps the alcohol usually under 140f… I preserve many Terps, but I am not a Terp hunter !!!

When the alcohol mixture has reduced to a couple of ounces, pour it into a very small glass thick jar that you plan on storing the oil in. (Like a used Penzi spice jar)…

(you will also use this jar to remove all of the remaining alcohol and whatever water is in it, I do this by putting it on the hot plate of my coffee machine or a skillet keep temperature under 160°, sometimes this is the longest process step because you occasionally stir the oil with a toothpick and if there’s “any any any”micro bubbles at all you are “not done”… for those of you that want to argue alcohol evaporation is 100% & food grade.)

Pretty much comes out the same every time 4–4.5 Gr net oil per Oz. basically 30% free of undesirables -fat, wax , chlorophyll, etc difference in my avg is yield which obviously is based on cannabinoid continent percentage…

Estimated oil potency using GSC Auto —Garden of Green (22% Thc) is

75–80% Thc easy…!!!

Again estimated 😎💨🤪

(note, I do NOT use trim & leaf for the cold process…I only use them for dry sift Hash , unless of course I’m just making oil for my gelatin capsule edibles mixed with a dab of peanut butter. ;)

In that case I’ll just use the refrigerator freezer to lower the temperature of my alcohol/herb in separate jars 24 Hrs & mix for ~5Min., & filter/evaporate/ and store. It picks up some undesirables but you are not vaping it only consuming.

DONE

Notes:

What’s needed:

—large or medium mason jars (I prefer large for any size application)

—Herb

— generic Everclear

(or any 190 proof food grade alcohol only), I do “not” use isopropyl alcohol, yes it’s cheaper but has contaminants. isopropyl alcohol is good to have around for cleaning hands, but not for anything you are going to consume

—Cooler Big enough for your application.

(I use a 20” deep x 18”plastic insulated cooler)

— 8+ pounds of dry ice

(8 pounds minimum for any quantity herb & about 12 to 14 pounds for4 oz. of herb, -40f is The ultimate target temperature, But as stated I use -50 /-60)

—Metal screen or grate To hold the dry ice above the herb & alcohol when in cooler, Why above ?

dry ice sublimation Co2 gas sinks it’s heavier when mixed with air!

So do you want that cold air falling over your jars… (I use grilling fish screen throw away type cheap metal flexible grates.

— silicone stir spatula

(silicone is your friend when dealing with cannabinoid oil’s)

— small glass storage jar

(I prefer the small Penzi spice type jars)

— plastic syringe for Vape cart filling (always wash syringe out with Everclear immediately when done, and save it drink it… it’s still good, makes a mighty powerful cocktail…!)

—C Cell type Vape carts

$4-5.50 ea.,

(4 -2 mm size oil absorption holes in cart)

—Vape adjustable PIN

(Vision Carbon Spinner 3

is cheap $8-12 ea.,

adj PIN to 3.7 Volts so carts don’t burn out)

&

((One last comment. If you did the above process at “”room temperature””,

Your yield would be about 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 g of oil per Oz. 30–35% more…

Why? You are picking up everything out of the plant cannabinoid oil’s, fats, waxes, chlorophyll, and other undesirables, which in all reality is just fine if you only plan on using it for edibles or gelatin capsules, but it clogs up Vape carts very easy & reduces potency.))

screen-shot-2016-02-17-at-5-23-48-pm.png

Minus -50f Hash Oil Pic

Image.jpeg

Hash (Keif) Yields about 68-70% oil, no wax/fat/biomass pickup if done at

very low sub zero (I prefer -60f using dry-ice in food cooler method) temperatures using

Ethanol (Ethanol extraction efficiency of about 95%)

((It should also be said that isopropyl alcohol contains more toxic substances than pure ethanol 190 proof

Everclear or “generic”Everclear (which actually shouldn’t contain any). Thus, we recommend to use isopropyl exclusively to clean your utensils and glass pipes and not for performing extractions.))

Note: Ethanol is a polar liquid so it will pick up water soluble compounds such as chlorophyll, waxes, fats, cannabinoids, & terpenes.
If done properly, at (-40, I prefer -55) using dry ice Ethanol extraction can eliminate the need for winterization.

((Because ethanol has both polar and nonpolar parts (and therefore dissolves both hydrophilic and hydrophobic molecules), and it doesn’t require a high-pressure extraction, it’s considered (by most) to be the safest and most effective cannabis solvent in the game.))

Fats, waxes are non polar

Ethanol can be both polar and non-polar, but overall is Polar.

Chlorophyll is Polar.

Because ethanol also picks up polar, or water-soluble compounds, it will draw out other compounds we don’t necessarily want like chlorophyll.

(((Cold extraction

Ethanol (Polar) solvent

( But has polar and nonpolar attributes a funny chemical)!

Cannabis cannabinoids & terpenes are mostly non-polar,

which means that they are extracted best by non-polar solvents. (Ethanol, however, is considered polar overall. )

So, although it can dissolve fats and oils, it will also interact with polar solutes.

Ethanol is an unusual solvent. What makes it unusual is it’s chemical structure; ethanol molecules feature both polar and non-polar regions, which gives ethanol the unique ability to both dissolve in water, but also do dissolve fats and oils. These qualities make ethanol a particularly strong solvent, which can dissolve a wide variety of substances.

Chlorophyll (polar)

is hydrophobic-meaning tending to repel or fail to mix with water.

fats, waxes, terpenes,

cannabinoid oil’s are all lipids… & non-polar

Chief among these unwanted plant materials are fats and waxes, commonly referred to as lipids. But the term lipids gets thrown around a lot in rosin circles, so what are they exactly? And why are lipids so undesirable in rosin? Let’s take a closer look at lipids: fats, waxes, and rosin.

What are Rosin Lipids?

Lipid is a broad term that covers a huge variety of substances, and it also has a fairly complicated biochemical definition. But for the sake of simplicity, you can think of lipids as non-water soluble fats.

Basically, they’re hydrophobic fats that don’t mix or dissolve well in water.

As mentioned, lipids include an enormous amount of different fats, waxes, and oils. In fact, almost all the cannabinoids in your rosin are lipids, THC and CDB included. Not to mention, terpenes are also a unique type of lipid, which means rosin is actually made almost entirely from lipids in one form or another. Therefore, it can be a little confusing when people refer to lipids, fats and waxes as unwanted elements in rosin.

Good article:
How to Find the Best Cannabis Extraction Solvents
by Anna Wilcox
July 19, 2020

Latest posts

Back