Do I need t5 flowering bulbs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
This is my first experience with autoflowering, I received a World of Seeds Northern lights x Big bud auto freebie with my seeds. I am wondering how to incorporate it into my "grow flow".

I have 2 tents: 2 x 4 x 4 t5 tent with grow bulbs, 5 x 5 x 7 1000w mh/hps tent

As I will be flowering in the bigger tent, I guess my only real option is to flower the auto in the t5 tent, right? The auto will not do well on a 12/12 light cycle from what I have read. Does that mean I need to get some flower bulbs for my t5 fixture? Its a 4 lamp fixture. I would like to continue to veg under the same light if possible.

If your planning on flowering with the 5t's, you would need to get a low Kelvin bulb.

I believe I used 2700k for flower and 6500k for vegging.

they will do fine under 12/12 and yes you may lose a few grams. no need to put a lot of money towards them. they will not grow as tall as the photos tho so be ready to raise them somehow. my first few grows with auto's was under t5 so that would be fine as well. I grew vast and fast and averaged 3 ounces a plant under t5. not great but not bad eather. be very carefull with the auto tho. any stress what so ever will reduce your yields DRAMATICALLY! that's why I went back to photo's.

and I used the vegging bulbs I used with the photo's. not the flowering one's. they veg for only about 3 weeks if you want to switch to flowering bulbs, which many do but I didn't.

Yea, hippy, I'm leaning towards just letting em flower under the t5s... I just can't decide if its worth picking up new bulbs for it or just sticking with veg bulbs I have...

I'm currently running five autoflowers under a 4' 8 bulb t5. Four bloom bulbs and 4 grow bulbs and staggered them in the fixture. Seems to be working out nicely. I am using 20/4 light cycle with a Hushpuppy twist. The dark period is broken up in 30 minute on/off intervals. So you actually have 18 hours of straight light instead of 20. You will have to ask Hush his reasoning for doing this. I went with his schedule after hearing his 4.8 oz yield from one OG Kush auto!
This is my first post in a very long time. I'll try to post some pics later this evening.

I never did try using the flowering bulbs however I did hear that it makes a difference. I also read you should add the bulbs about 3 weeks into the grow. I know they do start flowering rather early.

It makes a difference. You need the 2700 or 3000k bulbs for Flower. Dont get cheap and screw up your grow. Time is money.

It makes a difference. You need the 2700 or 3000k bulbs for Flower. Dont get cheap and screw up your grow. Time is money.

Alright, well I will pick up some flowering bulbs when I decide to pop the auto seeds... If I have a 4 bulb fixture, should I do 2 flower and 2 veg?

I would use nothing but bulbs for flowering to get the best from the plant. I tried that once and they didn't seem to do as well with mixed bulbs. But to each his own.
I was using a HO 4ft 8 bulb fixture.

I agree with hopper on using all bloom bulbs. Especially seeing as you only need 4.
I was being cheap when I only purchased 4 because I didn't plan on doing it again anytime soon.
Greenest of mojo!!

Yea, I actually have 2 4-bulb fixtures and bought 8 extra grow bulbs. I'm gonna try and exchange 4 for flower bulbs. I'm pretty excited to try out an auto.

Thanks for the help bud

Hello WeedHopper, Do you use the bloom bulbs from seed Or switch to bloom bulbs first sign of flower for auto's. :D Thanks.

Heya bongo, weedhopper was banned a long time ago and it's currently a touchy subject round these parts... just a heads up.

Also technology has improved vastly since this thread began and very good quality full spectrum LED arrays with excellent penetration are priced competitively enough to compete with fluoros. They'll take you from seed to harvest whatever you are growing. I'd highly recommend checking them out.

Heya bongo, weedhopper was banned a long time ago and it's currently a touchy subject round these parts... just a heads up.

Also technology has improved vastly since this thread began and very good quality full spectrum LED arrays with excellent penetration are priced competitively enough to compete with fluoros. They'll take you from seed to harvest whatever you are growing. I'd highly recommend checking them out.
Whoops, Didn't know about WeedHopper. I haven't been around for awhile.. Thanks for the heads up stinkyaddict.
I just happen to have a 2X4 8 bulb I would like to use for auto's someday. Just a thought really.

But I still would like to attain the knowledge to my question. :)

Whoops, Didn't know about WeedHopper. I haven't been around for awhile.. Thanks for the heads up stinkyaddict.
I just happen to have a 2X4 8 bulb I would like to use for auto's someday. Just a thought really.

But I still would like to attain the knowledge to my question. :)
Totally go for the warm spectrum bloom bulbs. Let me guess, old sunblaze fixture? I have a couplevand I love them!!
You can also use "daylight" bulbs in a pinch, though the t5 version us hard to find.

Latest posts

Back