Help Making the Right Choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're right with the PAR values. Not sure about the spectrum. I am just starting to read up and I am seeing posts about the white being PAR superior to (what they seem to call) blurple LED. LMAO

So, it looks like that may be the way to go. Also, I'm not sure what they mean by COB LED's. More reading to do. LOL

They use several led on a single chip. Some have lens or optics.

Correct me if I'm wrong but some COB are capable of full spectrum?

What's my line. LMAO

Do the LED's really use less electricity?

We went with smart meters a couple years back and now I am getting letters from the electric company telling me that I am using 2x more electricity than all my neighbors.

Freaks me out. LOL So, a reduction in electricity usage would be a plus for me.

PlatinumLED is the best for sure)))

They are priced like they could be, I was eyeing them for a while.
Do you use them? If you do, what kind of results do you get in what kind of setup?

So I got my 1500W King LED Thursday and just had a chance to plug it in and check what kind of Voltage it actually draws. Hooked it up to the voltage meter and it pulls 297 watts. So 37 more watts then advertised. Bright as helll. It will get hung in the Flower Tent tonight. At that time I will test the Mars unit I have in there and see what it draws.

Hamster... what kind of meter are you using to measure the draw?

Now that's evidence that's hard to argue with. Those look great!

I have had nothing but good results since leaving HID lighting and going to all LED a couple years ago. The King is great and for the price you can hang 2 of them in a 4x4 Flower Tent and they will kill it. I would venture to say that they would outperform 2 600's with less wattage drawn and way less heat. Not to mention there is something about LED Grown nugs that has to be seen to be appreciated. Plants seem to love the spectrum. Not to mention you get the outside spectrum lighting as well with no special bulbs or added lighting.

Nice find, Hammy!! Mine arrived yesterday and I have it up and running. It's the answer to all my problems - tropical heat, need for serious ventilation to feed the S&P inline cooling fan, it's compact, no need for cool tube, low energy usage... Ima buy another for the veg tent.

400 watt HPS, ballast, noisy S&P fan and cool tube free to a good home :clap::headbang2::smoke1:

You da man, Hammy. Over!

Nice find, Hammy!! Mine arrived yesterday and I have it up and running. It's the answer to all my problems - tropical heat, need for serious ventilation to feed the S&P inline cooling fan, it's compact, no need for cool tube, low energy usage... Ima buy another for the veg tent.

400 watt HPS, ballast, noisy S&P fan and cool tube free to a good home :clap::headbang2::smoke1:

You da man, Hammy. Over!

Awesome Art. Glad you like it. Green Mojo.

Latest posts

Back