the Hoosier Daddy Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it was seeds direct that had the strain called whos your daddy a few years ago as a freebie. i've grown it back in the day, so i know shes certifiably dank budz. ;) if i remember correct, it was a dj bb...

i did make a cross for the dirty dozen that we call hoosier daddy from an original indiana bubblegum crossed to some dank from a bro. it is possible you may have her, cause shes made her way thru the pnw and more. so lets see her grow. bring on the dank skag...:icon_smile:

Looks like you're in for some real bud treats! Will keep watching!

Irish said:
i think it was seeds direct that had the strain called whos your daddy a few years ago as a freebie. i've grown it back in the day, so i know shes certifiably dank budz. ;) if i remember correct, it was a dj bb...

i did make a cross for the dirty dozen that we call hoosier daddy from an original indiana bubblegum crossed to some dank from a bro. it is possible you may have her, cause shes made her way thru the pnw and more. so lets see her grow. bring on the dank skag...:icon_smile:

that's what they told me when i got it, bubblegum crossed with (the dank)!!, works for me lol, that was originated by a guy named Irish!! Plan on feeding her the earth juice (grow) for vegin, then a little bat duff, for buds, got her in Happy Frog, my soil that I mix is perkin. She's a real healthy girl,big shoulders, big bones, kinda reminds me of hammie!!!, Anyway I'm haveing fun,

getnasty said:
Years down the road I intend on naming a couple strain's myself, though not using the typical naming conventions I seem to see across the community. Being that I tend to stray more toward the profane and provocative, I've decided on Godfart and Dragon's A**hole. I figure I have plenty of time to find the genetics I want for both of these, but they will both be cross breeds of 3 other strains, and I might cross one with some good bag seed. Haha. I dont know a whole lot about the breeding game, but once I have the space and patience for it, I plano n experimenting with it.

-nasty

Ya I named a few, strains i crossed white widow and purple urkle I called it whurkle, had some BLZ i crossed with super silver haze or something like that a while back, had some great names thrown out from the gang on here. right now I'm growing a strain I call Gabby Haze, its a old purple haze crossed with trainwreck, funny thing is it came from maui !! lol there's another I'm just calling Brainfart, good smoke of unknown origins. Anyway I'm real excited about the future, I've got new strains of trainwreck, BlueBerry Kush. and ChemDawg91, Super lemon haze, and a hoosier Daddy, man the HD has doubled in size, I guess they all have, Tonight I'm gonna clean out the veg closet and lower the shelve a half foot, I burned a couple on the last grow letting them get to close. might as well poison the closet while it's empty, wipe everything down with some moderate bleach water, I'm doing a maitenence, preventive greencure foliar a couple times during the veg stage this grow, see if i can prevent the powdery mildew, we'll see.

My Hoosier Daddy is a great granddaughter of Irish's Bubblegum x XXX not sure exactly, but like i said she's a stout girl, and loves the attention, loves her smart-pot, she's more than doubled in size, I should be cloneing her in about a week. I pulled all the girls out and gave them some foliar love, I like misting them a couple times during the grow with Mineral Matrix, it keeps them from ailing, a blueBerry Kush also I'm growing.

P1110957.JPG

P1110975.JPG

Well I've cloned her, She's in the 2 1/2 X 6 foot closet with 8 other girls, I cloned everything last week , the perpetual goes on, I'll be putting her and the rest under two 600's in about 2 weeks, when the clones in the bottom shelf start bumping the shop-lights, I move the girls under the 400 mh on the top shelf out into the're half of the budroom, It's a visious cycle but i love it. Here's a couple of pics from plants in the veg closet, The hoosier Daddy, she's looking good!! I put her in straight happy Frog soil, but feeding her a little also, In about 10 more days she'll get a Mitecide shower for maitenence and get her hours cut, Everybody gets a mite bath before hitting the 12 hour switch, it keeps them at bay through harvest!!, yes it's kinda spendy, but so worth it, useing the pipette and mixing only one quart at a time in the spray bottle, it goes a long ways!!!, last time I used Floramite, this time back to Forbid, Forbids a new one for me, I started useing it earlier this year on the Hemp goddess's advice, really good stuff, I also use Avid!!, (i think it's called), 6 of us split a quart for 100 a piece!! still have some in my little bottle and that was almost 3 years ago., anyway my point here is make it in small quantities, all the instructions give you mix for a gallon, I won't even use half that much in my small grow and I feel the stuff gets WEAK if you store it after it mixes with water, plus it is a dangerous poison. I don't feel bad pouring out a little into a hole out back, versus most of a gallon. I can't find these 3 locally for some reason, internet only.

P1120052.JPG

P1120053.JPG

looking really good skag. yep, looks like one of my original bubblegum babes. gets pink pistils mid flower. real hardy girl. theres some pics of her finished in mj bud pics section.;)

that other girl is a kush? looking good also. i'm still feeling my way around on the organics playground, and building up some working knowledge with hands on experience. is there any other way, but hands on?:)

did everything you had outside finish now? green-to work pretty well did it? trick is pushing major air thru them...were gonna sit and smoke and watch weed grow. lol. :D i'm set for a big xmas harvest...

peace...

that other girl is a kush? looking good also. i'm still feeling my way around on the organics playground, and building up some working knowledge with hands on experience. is there any other way, but hands on?:)

did everything you had outside finish now? green-to work pretty well did it? trick is pushing major air thru them...were gonna sit and smoke and watch weed grow. lol. :D i'm set for a big xmas harvest...

peace...[/quote] The other girls suppose to be Super Lemon Haze, Hope so, I Liked smokin that!! I just opened one of my soil mixes and it appears that the alfalfa meals sprouting a few, lol, I'm havein problems with the Happy Frog, I've done ok with the clones but I tried going the full course and it just doesn't have it,

Irish I've still got plants outside, hasn't froze yet, gonna make hash or oil!!

i thought 'Hoosier Daddy' was a varient of the old 'Hoosier Hoot-n-Hollar' bred outdoors by RCC hisself in Southern Indiana in the 80's-90's. we used to sell the Hoot-n-Hollar at SSSC. the description (not the strain) we had on the H-n-H was so lame i never tried it... i still have some packets of it somewhere, but they're like 20 yrs old now.

I looked it up to see where the Internet led me and I found this info from Weedmaps...

hxxp://s3.legalmarijuanadispensary....mmunity&view=profile&userid=169550&Itemid=224

HoosierDADDY
Last online
2 months ago
Profile views
Add as smoking buddyPhotos Blog Videos Write Message
HoosierDADDY & smoking buddies HoosierDADDY

Hmmmm... I guess Karma decided they could use a "taken" name if they use caps in part of it.
Good luck with your grow Skagitmagic. The Hoosier Daddy you see here is not the HoosierDADDY weedmaps is selling, but I send you GreenMojo for a nice grow with the strain you bought. If someone is selling Irish's genetics, you scored! I'll be watching for your grow journal :D

Ya Gone2Pot, I was gifted Irish's genetics, I did score!! I've already cloned her, real healthy plant!!!

As I run out of room in the veggin closet, I need to pull a plant out to accomadate the rest, This group started as 10, I added the Chemdawg91 to the little girls room first, then about 10 days later a BBkush, I've got 8 left in the closet, 2 trainwrecks, two gabby haze, 2 more BBkush, a hoosier daddy and a Super Lemon Haze, Eventually i'll have only two big girls left in the closet. after seeing the frost the gabby getting under 12x12 I might want to save her and clone a bunch of her.

P1120094.JPG

P1120101.JPG

After watering the 8 plants left in the veggin closet, (I remove them to water), Only 7 would fit back in comfortably, So I pulled a gabby haze, took 3 clones and put her on the dance floor!! The two tiered closet, is working well, I put new bulbs in the T12s for the babies. The gabby in this picture is turning purple and the trichomes are all cloudy with a few amber, not much yield though, took this pic last night. Can't wait to puff these girls.

P1120142.JPG

P1120141.JPG

That is a pretty purple nug skag . . .wish it was mine

Lemon Jack said:
That is a pretty purple nug skag . . .wish it was mine

Ya it does look sweet, My trainwrecks really filling in, I saw she was favoring the purple colors also, tell your Mrs. real Cool on the Pumpkin carvin, here's a couple pics of the TrainWreck!!

P1120169.JPG

P1120167.JPG

i've had some problems with what I suspect may be tobacco mosaic virus, I've looked at a ton of pics of the stuff and my symptoms sure look similar, so I'm harvesting a might early, spraying my new girls for the problem, I see it got into my new chemdawg 91 also, the leaves are turning real ugly, the problem with this is it mimics certain nute deficientcys, the guy that gave me the plant has it now too. I haven't put the hoosier into this room yet, thankfully!! I also have a bigger trainwreck I can flip and 30 new clones that are healthy, last night I discovered knats, They seem to be comeing from the Happy frog, anyway I'm gonna call Billy the Exterminator and get this room straightened out, This is what happens when you break your own rules, I've swore I'd never bring back inside, plants I've put out!!, or get plants from unknown sources,of unknown strains etc. last time it was mites!! I do wanna swear on hear Rosebud!! gosh darn, and holy moly just doesn't fit the bill sometimes, anyway the hoosier Daddys looking good, i took 5 more clones off her last night, that make 3 rooted and 5 in the cloner,Here's a couple pics i took of daddy this morning. she's now 23 inches tall from the top of the smartpot, and should have 9 nice colas!!

P1120225.JPG

P1120283.JPG

Latest posts

Back