NV's organic soil mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nouvellechef said:
Ha! No. You serious? I luv it.

Sounds a little high on finished amount kush. Been awhile since I made full batch. But 7.4gal in cf. With all the other items its prob another 2cf. So that would be 150gal give or take.

ahhh yes....thats right....it just seems like so much....hahaha!!!

Some in da mix Mountain man. I am assuming your PPM is really low in the mountains? Only thing I can think of is the castings put it over the top as far as having a nitrogen overdose too fast. Try some at 25% hot mix or let the clone get a good size before going in final home. I go from 1qt to final home at 50 to 75% hot mix.

attachment.php

Nouvelle, how long would you run a new mix outdoors before you had to top-feed?

I start indoors and sex at 1-2 months, then outdoors in late april. Veg outdoors is april-sept then 2 months flower. I would imagine this mix would eventually need to me top-fed. Indoors your looking at 4-5 months at the most. Im looking at 8-9 months outdoors.

Also, Would the P&K break down and become available to the plant too early? That would deprive the plant of nutrients before flowering. In that case it isnt just water and go.

No it wont break down too early. By the time a sexed girl hits the hot medium, she should be of descent size, 4 or 5 nodes. At that point shea ready too feed. As far as how much hot soil for outdoor. That would depend on plant size. A plant yielding a few pounds, gonna guess 32gal of hot soil. Then down from from there. I would top dress, 1st week flower as at that point she will be chugging the nutrients.

NV Thanks for sharing your soil recipe with us. When you say cook do you mean to mix and put into the garbage cans for 30 days? If not what do you do to cook your soil? Thanks

Cooking soil is mixing it up, moistening it good and letting the microbes go to work for 30+ days. We call it "cooking" because the mix will heat up like a compost pile does. The heat comes from all the microbial activity.

Yep. It gets really hot. You would be surprised. Stick you hand deep down in there after 72 hours.

Thanks for the quick responses. Can't wait until april so that I can get started making some soil.

Rosebud said:
I had Mr RB, who is home with a bad cold, do the math for me for a 40 gallon batch. Now i just need to price it all out and order.
Would you mind posting the recipe for 40 gals? I've read NV's recipe and there's cubic feet, cups, and lbs in there. It's a way bigger batch than I want to make and, with the different measurements, I haven't been able to make myself do the math yet.

Classic said:
Would you mind posting the recipe for 40 gals? I've read NV's recipe and there's cubic feet, cups, and lbs in there. It's a way bigger batch than I want to make and, with the different measurements, I haven't been able to make myself do the math yet.

Divide it all by 4

nouvellechef said:
Divide it all by 4
Thanks! That's so simple that I feel a little stupid for asking. I don't even need a calculator to do that.

And leave out the castings. Just not needed I think now. Lowers final costs also.

nouvellechef said:
And leave out the castings. Just not needed I think now. Lowers final costs also.

HUH? whats this?

Kushluvr said:
HUH? whats this?

I ran them until last batch. Deyoungs was sold out. Have not seen a slow down in week 3 flower now for nitrogen issues. So maybe able to knock 10% or more from mix cost.

nouvellechef said:
I ran them until last batch. Deyoungs was sold out. Have not seen a slow down in week 3 flower now for nitrogen issues. So maybe able to knock 10% or more from mix cost.

is this bcz the soy/alf base?

Hey NV, i got a quick question, i just went out and bought all the amendments to make your soil, i dont know about dirt growing i always run Coco or hydro, the guy at the garden store when i asked him for pro mix gave me pro moss and said its better, i think its just peat moss, can i use this as my base for your supersoil without problems?

IE

Of course you can, I do.

Promix is little more than peat moss and perlite and the other stuff that's in there is more than likely in the amendment list anyway. Google it to see just what's in there.

3.8cf bale of Premier peat moss - $13 Same co that makes Promix
4cf bag of perlite - $17

This $30 will make ~10cf of 'base' mix. The 3.8cf bale will expand to ~7cf and I would add ~3cf of perlite.

Promix is cheap, this is even cheaper.

Wet

Latest posts

Back