Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the clones keeled over under the T5s

this is a double post, hope that isn't rude, but having a cow here
this is 4 plants in RDWc and 2 hand watered in pellets (okay so far)
leaves are sorta translucence, pale green, picture is actually pretty good
started with last bucket, one across (closest to LED)
ppms are about 500, ph 5.7 - 6.0

View attachment 101_0044.jpg

Hey pappy, looks like they need some foods....I don't know much about rdwc. I skimmed through your journal a bit. Good stuff. I see your not too happy with the LEDs and although being new to LEDs myself I think you would strongly benefit by training your girls a little more for an even canopy and focusing most or all bud production to top colas and get rid of lower sucker shoots from my understanding LEDs don't get enough penetration to do much to any bud production that isn't sitting at canopy level. So your plants are focusing unnecessary energy to undesirable buds. Anyway just my thoughts

Hey pappy, looks like they need some foods....I don't know much about rdwc. I skimmed through your journal a bit. Good stuff. I see your not too happy with the LEDs and although being new to LEDs myself I think you would strongly benefit by training your girls a little more for an even canopy and focusing most or all bud production to top colas and get rid of lower sucker shoots from my understanding LEDs don't get enough penetration to do much to any bud production that isn't sitting at canopy level. So your plants are focusing unnecessary energy to undesirable buds. Anyway just my thoughts

I was thinking LEDs feed the plant so halved the nutes, I've since done a rez change and upped the nutes.

Training was a letdown, I did the mainlining thing and it was fun but it just seemed to me like I got two small trunks instead of one big one
, ie same friggin' yield but lost a lot of time waiting for plants to recover.

I removed lower third on the ones in flower, I'm aiming for 4 - 6 branches per plant this time, remove lower third. And I'm topping at the 7th

Nice. Hopefully that helps, otherwise your grow looks good. I recently did the same thing and topped a blue kush that could or would have been a massive single cola I think and is now two small tops, my idea was to do a scrog of sorts and that single plant kinda threw that plan out. I would try topping earlier at the 4th maybe in the future I think it gives you more control and more time to dictate how they grow and start training earlier before it gets too tall and less manageable

Hey Sopappy, nice grow man.. I've got a question. On page 1 the seeds look like they are coated as the are popping. Is that a coating ?

Nice. Hopefully that helps, otherwise your grow looks good. I recently did the same thing and topped a blue kush that could or would have been a massive single cola I think and is now two small tops, my idea was to do a scrog of sorts and that single plant kinda threw that plan out. I would try topping earlier at the 4th maybe in the future I think it gives you more control and more time to dictate how they grow and start training earlier before it gets too tall and less manageable

I only wait until the 7th because it is a sturdier plant than at 4
I see spectacular results here with training but I never get results
steep friggin' curve for some of us hahaha

Hey Sopappy, nice grow man.. I've got a question. On page 1 the seeds look like they are coated as the are popping. Is that a coating ?

Thanks, I've done about a dozen grows and my starts are stupendous but something always happens in the home stretch :-(

Those aren't the seeds, they are small hydroton pellets.
When I started using the rapid rooters, they were coming up with helmuts on
so I drop a pellet or two after the seed and they come up without the hat :)

dam dam dam
I was hoping for a spectacular recovery being hydro, man, that is a sickly pale green
and all around the buds, all new growth
I changed rez, doubled nutes, let water go to 70,
NO CHANGE in 2 days

6 in flower, they are not all the same strain and
2 of the 4 plants in the same RDWC are just fine,
2 with shitty colour are also the two biggest (naturally)
2 in separate pots are also okay
same nutes I've used for years, never seen this
but not surprised, nope, not at all, right on schedule, bring it on, ya sob,
I'm not cut out for this i tells ya

What is the rate of growth for the 2 bigger ones compared to the 2 smaller ones?

What is the rate of growth for the 2 bigger ones compared to the 2 smaller ones?

the 2 affected ones grew faster, stems are twice as big as unaffected 2 others in rdwc and they are all bigger than unaffected 2 hand watered

they are not all the same strain but I mixed up the tags again

Well I would think that the 2 with problems are the same strain. The 2 are out-growing their nute regiment. I would either feed more often or feed them a higher ppm of nutes. But since they are mixed with healthy plants you can do neither without effecting the others. Is there any way to remove them?

Thanks, I've done about a dozen grows and my starts are stupendous but something always happens in the home stretch :-(

Those aren't the seeds, they are small hydroton pellets.
When I started using the rapid rooters, they were coming up with helmuts on
so I drop a pellet or two after the seed and they come up without the hat :)
Well good luck on this one bro... The hats..lol I couldn't figure out what was going on from the picture.

Well I would think that the 2 with problems are the same strain. The 2 are out-growing their nute regiment. I would either feed more often or feed them a higher ppm of nutes. But since they are mixed with healthy plants you can do neither without effecting the others. Is there any way to remove them?

Yes, I can lift them out and drop them in separate buckets and hand water.
Pain in the *** but I should be punished for mixing strains.

I increased ppms for all 2 days ago, lights on in a few hours, if still no change, I'll isolate them.

Well good luck on this one bro... The hats..lol I couldn't figure out what was going on from the picture.

The only problems that i haven't had are bugs.... I have had everything else and every single grow too, NOT a single ONE went smoothly!

The little pellets block the light too.... waaay classier than ripping off a piece of the plug,... not sure if the hat

I'm moving the 8 plant tray into the flower room so I had a chance to look at the roots.
Not sure what the staining is but they smell great. You can see the one I transplanted and had to cut the roots to fit in the pot. I did 3 like that and noticed on the other 2 that I didn't cut enough off the roots, I think they folded over themselves and stopped, roots are only coming out the sides (not shown in picture)
I fear they won't do so hot now. So, THAT back-up strategy doesn't work, they're in flower with no roots.

View attachment rutz3.jpg

Bro it seems like every grow I've done Murphy showed up in some way. Maybe future grows will run smoother.. Cheers m8!

I think I found my chemical imbalance, HP,
Finishing up my A + B jugs of bloom nutes and I have more A left than B

I'm going to try some different nutes, that RAW stuff maybe

Okay, out of the pot in to the fire.... seems I wasn't too high on the nutes afterall
The problem plants are the only two that reacted like this.
IF this is nute burn that is.... not many affected, 1 -3 per plant, it is still growing and original pale green hasn't changed

View attachment burn.jpg

Latest posts

Back