"Popcorn" or "Corn" Weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would not pay them prices either.. the last time i got some it was running about 25 to 30 a quart. zip.. 75 to 90 for a zip of some brick.. and 130 to 170 a zip for some popcorn... good luck with inflation .. best thang to do is grow your own...

i signed up for this page to specifically answer this, and do a little marijuana lesson.

I'm from the dfw area also, and "popcorn" is very popular down here.
But it seems like no one knows about this, so i'm going to break it down.

Scientifically (and legally), all cannabis plants are Cannabis Sativa.
In practice, Indica and Sativa are the names used to distinguish each end of the cannabis 'spectrum'.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]INDICAS - Short thick plants, broad leaves, darker green, flowering in 8 to 10 weeks with thick dense flower tops. Flavours from stinky skunk to fruity sweet. Origins traced back to Afghanistan, Morocco and Tibet. More of a body stone. Indoor grower's favorite types.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]SATIVAS - The polar opposite of indicas. Tall, thin plants, narrow leaves, lighter green colors, grow quick, extend to heights of 20 feet in some cases. Origins are traced back to Mexico, Columbia and southeast Asia. Flowering times vary from 10 to 16 weeks, normally longer than indicas. Taste ranges from earthy to fruity. A good head stone. Favored for outdoor growing.

[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]CROSS BREEDS - Combining different sativa and indica breeds will produce the corresponding traits of each mother and father. Actual percentages each strain will contain is not exact, but pretty close.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]
[/FONT]there are many different potency levels of marijuana, with different slang names and lots of confusion, but three main groups these all derive from.
these groups are (in common terms, keep in mind other places call them other things):
1. Reggie, or shwagg
2. Mid Regs, or "Popcorn"
3. Dro, aslo known as chronic, KB or Kindbud, etc.

Schwag is the bottom of the barrel, it's usually a dull green or brown, and real compressed because it most likely came from a brick. It taste harsh, burns faster, is lower in THC and is always grown from the dirt and outside. Can't buy this by the gram. A nick runs for $5 dollars at 2.5 grams, a dime is $10 for 5 grams if youre lucky, 3.5 if you dealer wants a profit, oz at 28 grams runs anywhere from $40 to $60.

MidRegs the greens start to get more vibrant and the hairs start getting brighter, more red than brown. It'll also start tasting and smelling better. Usually smaller buds, but at least it comes in buds, and is somewhat fluffy. Can be grown in or outdoors, in water or ground, taken care of well, but not trimmed during growing process to yeild larger buds. Bags can contain seeds, depending if your popcorn was grown hydroponically or not. Prices range from same as reggie, to $10 a gram. Because it is newer, you usually just have to hope for a big sack, or ask before hand how much you're getting for how much cash you have.

"Dro" is short for hydroponics, grown in water, indoors our outdoors, typically indoors, plants grow about 5% bigger indoors. There are many different strains of marijuana grown this way. THC crystals visible, hairs, potent fresh smell, no seeds, light and fluffy. Beasters is a type of weed not different enough to be it's own category, but enough so to name. Grown hydpronically, but simply not as good of a plant, this still is sold with no seeds and fluffy, is usually cheaper than regualr dro though due to its lack of potent 'dro' taste and smell. List below of all strains.

Indica
Afghani
Afghani#1
Amstel Gold
Bella Caio
Big Bud
Black Domina
Black African
Black Jack
Chitral
Celtic Cross
Celtic Stone
Chronic
DOubleGum
Early Girl
Early Skunk
Eclipse -new strain with a sweet taste
Euforia
Green Spirit
G-13
Granddaddy Purple
Hawaiin Skunk
Hindu Kush
Hollands Hope
Hypno
HashPlant
K2
Mango
Master Kush
Mazar
Mighty Might
Niagra
Northern Lights
Romulan
Pink Indica
Purple High
Purple Urkel
Purple Star
Ruderalis Indica
Shiva
Sour Bubble
Southern Afghani
Super Chrystal
Twilight

Sativa
Bazooka
Durban Poison
Maui Waui
Early Bud
Early Pearl
Early Skunk Plant
Great White Shark
Green Spirit
Haze
Haze Skunk
Haze Skunk-never heard of this strain sounds delicious
Hempstar
Jack Herer
Kali Mist
Ice (real new!)
LamsBread x SKunk
Niagra x Shiva
Night Queen
Northern Lights x Haze
Power Plant
Purple Haze
Smokey Bear
Silver Haze
Super Silver Haze
swazi x SKunk
Thai
Voodoo
White Cloud

Hybrids
Ak-47
Blue Velvet
Blueberry
BubbleBerry
Bubblegum
Buddha Plant
Cali Orange Plant
Durban Poison x Mighty Might
Flo
First Mature
Fourway#1
Fruity Pebbles
Full Moon
Jamaican Pearl
Jack Flash (Indica Dominant)
Juicy Fruit
GrapeFruit Haze
Himalayan Gold
Island Lady
KC-33
Kerala x SKunk
Kushage
Lemon Stinky (Indica Dominat)
Leda Uno (87.5 % sativa,12.5% indica)
Northern Berry
NYC Diesel
Purple#1-(50% Sativa,%0% Indica)
Purple Skunk-(87.5% sativa,12.5% Indica)
Purple Kush
Romberry
Shaman-(87.5% Sativa,12.5% Indica)
Shiva Shanti
SKunk Red Hair
Skunk Passion
Strawberry Cough (Sativa Dominant)
SKunk Haze (Sativa Dominant)
Swiss Miss
Sweet Island Skunk (Sativa Dominant)
Turtle Power
White Widow

hope this helps!

godtea said:
sounds like a local name for good weed that's been trimmed properly for retail.
There is an ton of marketing involved in weed.
If I were to say you want to by some bud I grew in my backyard at $x or do you want some " Popcorn " at $2x ,you might think "twice as expensive , twice as good . The truth being it's the same bud .
P.T. Barnum is alive and well
Caviat Emptor

exactly. its just another name for dro/dank/good stuff/Buddha and many more. its not a strain of any kind. i have a friend in Texas and he confirmed it, its just what they call good stuff. Same thing if you here someone say Reggie (it's not dank) its regular or there really asking if Reggie is around if someone does live there by that name lol.

Not a strain. popcorn = small roundish nugs in either decent mids (Mexican) or kind. Popcorn also is used to describe the lower branched puffy buds that are either removed before flowering or are left on to reveg or are left on to finish later after the cola is removed. nuff said.

LowRider said:
exactly. its just another name for dro/dank/good stuff/Buddha and many more. its not a strain of any kind. i have a friend in Texas and he confirmed it, its just what they call good stuff. Same thing if you here someone say Reggie (it's not dank) its regular or there really asking if Reggie is around if someone does live there by that name lol.

Wrong. If your friend in texas thinks popcorn is dank, he doesnt have a connection worth ****. Like shea.carver (the person displaying the most intelligence in this thread so far) said, thats what we call good midgrade.

IHST said:
Wrong. If your friend in texas thinks popcorn is dank, he doesnt have a connection worth ****. Like shea.carver (the person displaying the most intelligence in this thread so far) said, thats what we call good midgrade.

haha *** good midgrade is like saying extra medium.

h__p://i40.tinypic.com/2uji780.jpg
h__p://i44.tinypic.com/vhgk81.jpg

anyways, those are small undetailed [phone camera] pics of that orville redenbacher. fluffy, light-green, fuzzy buds.

grovesidetexas said:
i registered to this page just to reply to this. . . .

corn is one thing i have found unique to dallas. its something them htown boys dont got and makes them katrina folk not wanting to go home...

its not dro it... it has that reggie (shwag) smell but tastes way better.
when u break that down there is no need to pull it apart it just crumbels under your fingers. the seeds are bigger then normal and are always whole never broke or. and unlike reggie u smoke a rello and your actually high without a headache.

only diffrence is u get like 2-3 rello action out of a dime. its a smaller sack
but way worth the money...reggie
:hubba:

your from the grove huh lol s. funky my self .... well the popcorn is exactlly as he describes here i have seen it in large buds and have heard many names for it it often gets sold as a high quality shwag because of the smell it smells like shwag but has a distinct sweetness that makes it easy to pic out. the part i like is the breakup very small amounts bout the size of a couple pencil erasers can fill a medium size bowl or smaller rello goes great with strawberry:ignore: lol its kindof a extremely light green and dark green mix many red hairs and crystals r visable ive smoked it along side some **** that was goin for 120 a g and id stick with my pop at shwag prices anyday lol ive heard its local and ivealso heard its comin from the south east not sure its well known in n. texas not much elsewhere tho

why does eveyone act like this is a different strain of weed or something. all it is, is a bunch of greedy people gettin their hands on indoor thats grown by someone whos not a retard. popcorn prices are ridiculous twice the price for the same high your all getting f'd i refuse to pay these prices theres a reason why its a texas/south thing its cause we get weed cheap and these greedy dealers get what they call "pop" hich is actually better grown schwag at schwag prices remove most of the seeds and double the price. if your one of those people that smokes nothing but pop i feel bad for your wallet i get qutie pies for 120 that looks exactly smells exactly and actually gets me higher then pop only diff is a lil more seeds. so if you like pop pay those price as for me ill stick to quanitity over urban legen quality any day.

zipflip said:
wow i'd much rather be anywhere u guys are than here. a zip of some brick schwag goes for bout 200-250 here. some good seedless nuggs will run ya bout 400-550 a zip even here.

yeah where I am, that stuff that Dallas apparently considers to be good nuggs, is just the schwag to us. The good headies and dank are 400+ an oz.

PellyBelly said:
:holysheep: so where in dtown can i get my hands on some of this. Please pm me if you can hook a sista up.

MP Site Rule #9:

"9. The sale of marijuana or the discussion of sales is not allowed here. The purchase or sale of any items through this site is not allowed. To purchase or sell something, you must first let this total stranger know exactly who you are and where you live. That just isn't smart."

Wow. From that pic it is quite easy to tell what that is. Beasters. aka Canadian commercial.

Quite easy to tell. Looks like a Ferrari, but drives like a Pinto.

Hence the easy availability and low price.

Just had a proposal for an oz of corn for a bill. Thanks for the info posted regarding corn or popcorn very informative. I live South of DFW, and corn coming outta FW hope it's worth it. Have traveled to Austin and gotten .5 of dro @ 200 was not that impressed w the hype imposed nor the price for the hype. Been smokin since 70's and have had some ops to smoke some very good strains in my travels and the best I have had since 70's was in April in Jville,FL do not know strain but have had real Acu. Gold from the 70's and that was the Real Deal so I know real quality is out there. Shout if you can direct me around DFW for quality.

Keep on Tokin Baby...Droopy Dreams

Okay, so this is within the thread:'Back in the day ( late '78) a guy picked me up hitchin a ride. He broke out his personal and it looked like popcorn seeds on a stick. very small and crumbly. I had my head stuck to the window for 2 hours as though it was glued there ! just wondering if anyone has seen anything like it ! Think stick with seeds glued on !

Im From Agg-town Aka Arlington, Tx And The Dfw Is The Only Place Ur Gonna Find Popcorn Aka Corn, Prices...dime-2.5-3 Grams Dubs-5grams...half A Zip 45-50...full Zip 100...qp-275-300...its Like A Level Below Dro Its Not Fluffy, It Comes In Small Nuggets Lime Green And Red Hairs Has A Skunkish Smell And Smokes Good, One Rillo Will Get Ya Good For A Couple Hours, The Dfw Is Basically The Only Place U Will Hear About It, Smoke Up People!!!:d

droopydreams1958 said:
Just had a proposal for an oz of corn for a bill. Thanks for the info posted regarding corn or popcorn very informative. I live South of DFW, and corn coming outta FW hope it's worth it. Have traveled to Austin and gotten .5 of dro @ 200 was not that impressed w the hype imposed nor the price for the hype. Been smokin since 70's and have had some ops to smoke some very good strains in my travels and the best I have had since 70's was in April in Jville,FL do not know strain but have had real Acu. Gold from the 70's and that was the Real Deal so I know real quality is out there. Shout if you can direct me around DFW for quality.

Keep on Tokin Baby...Droopy Dreams

A BILL FOR A OZ OF CORN IS THE REG PRICE, TRUST ME UR NOT GETTIN RIPPED OFF IM BORN AND RAISED IN THE DFW, ITS WORTH IT

here is what i know from north of the border.

dro is just any hydro.

i supply myself but i like to mix it up somtimes, its 80 cdn for a half
O.

popcorn to me means this weed i somtimes get and the bag looks light in weight,
but it weighs correct,
and its all nugget,
when you break up a nugg that looks like a half a joint,
it turns out to be a joint and a half.

a little goes a long way...

and i have found.....
maybe 4 or 5 seeds in 20 years of smokin.

the term "bag seed" is foreign to me.

New here but have been lurking this site for years and am from the DFW and have some info that can help this thread.

First, there's a difference between real pop corn and fake corn, which brings mixed results of peoples opinions on pop corn because they are not aware of what real pop corn is.

For those that truly know what corn is, you know that it has a distinct smell to it. You can be in a pitch dark room and put your nose in different bags of weed and pick out the corn like a drug dog. You also have two types, a lime green (like sour diesel) one and one that's a light brownish with green look to it.

In a twenty sack of the darker type, (4-6 grams depending on your connect) it's rare to have a seed but can contain up to 3 from the most I have seen and they usually come out from the same little nugget. You can roll up to twenty rillo's before you come across just one seed. All the seeds will be big and fat, and represent a pecan shell in color, along with the black markings on it. There's no exception from the thousands of dollars I have rolled up and toked away on this.

As for the lime green buds, the seeds are rare but not as rare as the dark buds, you'll get anywhere from 1-6 seeds a twenty sack every time. You have the same pecan like seeds but not so much, but rather lighter seeds like a white seed with a light shade of green. These are usually big and fat as well, but can also contain smaller seeds that are trash because you're not going to be able to grow **** from them.

Now, for the fake corn, you just have to have common sense with a lot of this. You have guys trying to sell compressed reggie as corn, just because it's some decent reggie that will get you high on a rillo but not for long. When you smoke a rillo of corn, you're good for at least two hours and you can roll a rillo with a gram of corn; that speaks for the quality. And if you haven't rolled a rillo of this yet or have been rollin it wrong, DO NOT GRIND this **** down, leave it in small nuggets when you roll it up in the rillo.

You also have good *** reggie that comes in nugget buds, but they do not smell like corn at all and it's rare that it represents the looks of the lime green corn because it will never represent the dark corn. When it does represent the lime corn, the seeds will tell another story. This is just good *** reggie, that's it. The high will not last as long, either. You might get 45 minutes to an hour with a gram of this stuff in a rillo, but nothing comparable to the taste and high as real corn. A pound of this stuff runs around 475 to 575 unless you run across the clown claiming it's pop corn and wants 800-950.

As for the real corn, if you have a good connect, a pound will run you like 650-800 but can be as much as 1200 (if you mess with them boys from Dallas). It's the same with QP's, anywhere from 200-350. An ounce, 70-120 (140 in rural areas outside the DFW). Half a zone, 40-60. Twenty sack, 4-6 grams. Ten sack, 2-3 grams. Nickel sack, 1 gram (enough for a rillo).

Point is, a gram of corn will keep ya *** high for at least two hours. Anything else is fake ****. Corn is simply the best you can get for your money. It sells better than reggie and dro, as the rich and poor can afford. It's also better than fake ***, cheap, no name dro. The only thing that gets you higher and taste better is dro with a name that runs premium. If you disagree, your *** got fooled on some high times catalog weed or just haven't smoked the good **** yet.

$250/zip is what you pay when you're getting it through a middleman that knows someone that can get it for them at like...$100-140/zip...

I get it from Dallas, bring it to Oklahoma, double/TRIPLE (some chromes disease patients stopped getting 'dro' and started coming to ME for $40/eighth and $75/quarter because it was the 'best mids we've ever had')

Good 'Corn' will leave your final pinch of a blunt all crystals and keif, but I do know of lower grade 'corn' that Oklahomans pay for, very weak stuff, not much crystal at all it's all green meh...

But yeah anyway you can flip it as seedy dro. It gets me higher than $20/gram **** but I live in dusty-ol OK ;-)

*And no I do not sell anything anymore besides the occasional videogame and PC repair hahaha*

Latest posts

Back