Rosebud and Rick Simpson oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

I am going to attempt to make Rick Simpson oil and it will be referred to as RSO from now on...I have a very sick girlfriend with crohns and her husband and mine have MS. Her husband is much sicker with it then Mr rb, but those three are going to do the protocol, which is a two month treatment plan followed by a maintenance dose for life if you want... My gf is not a pro hemp person so this is a real leap for her to do. She has refused the chemo like drugs and has said she will try this. She has lost a great deal of weight and is in serious condition. The starting does is 1/2 the size of a short grain of rice. :eek: three times a day.

As i seem to be blessed with a lot of leaf matter right now and my Pink moma was ready i took her on friday and kept 2 pounds of fresh shaked and buds. My goal is to have 1/2 pound dried to make the RSO. This will be their morning time rso as pink moma was strait cloudy and that is how i like to smoke her. I need to have a little too ya know. When my nurse larry is ready that will be their night time medicine. Rick simpson says it doesn't matter if sativa or indica as he thinks they both heal. He suggests people with cancer use the indica as he believes the patients need their sleep..

This is one of three trays of shake and bud of pink moma that hopefully turns into fabulous medicine. DSCF2088.JPG

I enter into this RSO journey with hope and a little skepticism. Here's to healing... I will update this thread with pictures of the process. Thanks for stopping by.

Ill be watching Rose..and if you need anything just shout...Your a great friend to have and Im sure they Love you for the efforts

Much Love
:48:

sorry about your friend rose, not fun :(
i've never tried eating just hash oil, but would like to warn that edibles kill my messed up stomach.

i didn't think they did chemo for crohnes though.. not a cancerous thing is it?
thought it was another IBS/IBD (IE; bullsheet, and they don't know) diagnosis.

but you should get together with p420 (from over yonder) ..he's trying to make some RSO for his sick mother currently too, might be good to exchange ideas/info ;)

best of luck to ya, hope you find the relief you seek for your friend
:)

Hi Kaotic, I think i said chemo like, it is a biological medicine that has really scary side effects so she won't do it. I will check out p420, thank you. Thanks for the luck too. I appreciate you stopping in.

Good luck rose!
My heart and hopes are with you and your loved ones.
I too will want to follow along, I've read a little bit about him since hearing about him through high times mag.
Hope you get the great results from it I've read

Rose, I would pick out the larger leaves--basically those with stems that aren't frosty. I think you want some really frosty trim to make RSO. I have a friend (who I don't see much) that is pretty savvy re RSO. I'll see if she has any words of wisdom to offer.

It is so wonderful that you are doing this for your loved ones. You are just the greatest.

I am not all that great thg, I was thinking the same thing. I had watched a video of RS making it and he used the whole plant, but now they are saying to just use bud. I didn't want to use any big leaves, but since he did, I did. Now i think i will go through it and remove all the bigger leaves. I wish i knew what proportion of bud is in there.. Maybe I can eyeball it. Mr rb is already looking at those hanging buds saying shouldn't those be in there????? lol. Well, now were talking my stash...lol I will probably end up putting half bud/ half shake. Thoughts? Thanks thg.

Thank you YYZ. I appreciate it.

All i am doing is reading about this stuff.

Heres a thread by a friend of a few of our's hMPp://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/cannabis-alchemy/201359728-rick-simpson-oil.html

Thanks Ozzy, i just read it. I am glad I had decided to use everclear. I don't want any solvent that isn't ok for human consumption in case there is any left in the final product. That was a good read, thanks.

gl RB :( wish u and them all the best

rose bud imo id use all bud, but limited stashes, wld be good with trim, better mixed bud and trim and the knock out, best chance to cure or severely help heal or realeaf from pain and discomfort. eatables will work for the person with crohnz to help with pain.
best of luck to you

hope she takes it fine.. i still highly implore you to just try 1 dosage the first day, not 3.. if it doesn't effect her badly; game on.

have you tried smoking any with her? a pre-meal joint may help get more food into her.

Thank you Kaotik, i will do that. She is so straight she won't smoke a joint with me. She has been using my vaporizer for a month, only at night. She is very afraid after having a bad edible experience. Even with the dose of half a piece of rice you would suggest only once a day?

Do you guys think I should try and grind this 1/2 pound up before I make the oil? I took all the fan leaves out of it. That was dumb in the first place...

just for the very first treatment.
i worry if it might be a bad trigger for her.. you'll know by day 2 (and better to have only a little bit if it is, right ;) )

i don't honestly know about grinding.. might be easier for the everclear to coat.. but at the same time; might lose some trichs for no benefit (and the everclear should coat it all anyway)
i lean to not, but we'll see if anyone with more experience contradicts (i never did when i made oil.. but it was a farcry from medical or rick simpson quality ;) )
:)

Hi Rosebud!! My Brother has horrible crohns too. He takes a prescription called balsalsazide (3, 3 x a day). Is the RS oil for pain or healing the gut? I will be watching closely for how your friend does. As for edibles... Since your friend is not used to cannabis, I agree that once a day is appropriate, even with 1/2 grain of rice sized dose. A bad edible dose lasts a long time and may make her refuse to take anymore, in any form, ever!
I've got my chair scooted up real close for this one :)
:48:

I think I would grind it. I think that everything I make from bud/trim tells you to grind it.

pretty awesome of you to share your journey with us rb---just so i am not with out an opinion because i do not have any experience with simpson oil---i offer the following---grind he biggest stickiest best buds you got for the oil because you will never make a purse out of a sows ear---quality in = quality out---best wishes for your peeps

Latest posts

Back