Best place to move?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best MMJ State IYO

• Alaska

• Arizona

• California

• Colorado

• Delaware

• District of Columbia

• Hawaii

• Maine

• Michigan

• Montana

• Nevada

• New Jersey

• New Mexico

• Oregon

• Rhode Island

• Vermont

• Washington

Results are only viewable after voting.

youngbud

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here and it feels great to be back. I have a possibly difficult or at least lenghty question to ask so I understand if this thread goes unanswered.

First I would like to make it clear that I am in no way wanting anyone to give out their location I am just asking for advice, so here goes it:

I am currently living on the bible belt and have been saving up to move to a mmj state but with something like that there is a lot more to take into consideration than just the mmj laws; so, I'm really more concerned about the culture, economy, and job availability in the field of wildlife/nature conservation. The actual enforcement of the laws would be cool information to know too. I still have about 2 more years of saving to do before my nest egg is big enough to move but I'd like to start planning now. I would like to eventually be a caregiver so a state where that is easy to license or doesn't have a patient limit would be most excellent. I would just like to hear from actual patients, caregivers, and anyone who lives in an mmj state about where you beleive the best choice would be.
So far my top picks are, in order highest desire to live there to lowest, Hawaii, Colorado, and Oregon but I am definitely open to ANY other suggestions; although, being from the south, I don't handle cold climates very well. I start to shiver in the low fifties :eek:

Again I do not wish for anyone to disclose your location on this forum, but your knowledge and advice would be incredibly appreciated.

I use for back pain, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, ADD (although certain strains make this one go absolutely haywire), and depression when needed.

You won't do well in Oregon buddy. I'm a southern boy myself. Cali or Hawaii would have the most favorable climate for you.

I can always count a quick response here!! One of the many reasons to love this online community.
Thats what I figured, the only reason cali's not in my top 3 is that I hear it's economy is in the pooper, and I'd kinda like to move away from the mexican drug war not somewhere also dealing with it. But who knows what'll happen in the next 2 years

Cali for the win in my book....if my job let us transfer I wld be sooooooooooo gone from NJ.

IMO stay where Dixie is flown with pride:D sooner or later we'll catch up with the real world.

If your saving up to move somewhere. And Hawaii is on a list. I dont care what the MJ laws are. You chose Hawaii.

Especially with that competition. Im in DC. And outside of DC, Delaware, and Colorado. You couldnt pay me enough to live in those other states. I dont care if the rest made Amsterdam look like Iraq.
California with a 13+% jobless rate, 40% illiteracy rate. Michigan aint much better. It goes on and on like that. 97% of youth in Washington St dont even know what the 3 branches of govt do.
Plus Im from the South too (South Carolina). DC is as cold as I can take it. No possible way I could go more north and be happy.

ozzydiodude said:
IMO stay where Dixie is flown with pride:D sooner or later we'll catch up with the real world.

:yeahthat:
I can't give up fine southern gals, mustard base BBQ, and USC Gamecocks football. ;)

SPEARCHUCKER said:
If your saving up to move somewhere. And Hawaii is on a list. I dont care what the MJ laws are. You chose Hawaii.
:laugh: :bong2: :laugh: That may be the best response this thread will get!!!

Ozzydiodude: I've been involved in my states mmj push for the last 4 years and at the rate we're going IMO we've got another 15 before anything big will happen here. Decrim and mmj Bills get introduced and laughed out of state congress every year and sadly the movement just won't organize enough to get anything done because every groups wants the pride of saying WE WERE THE GROUP that did it. Most professional people are too paranoid (with good reason) to come out and admit that they've smoked for decades, which IMO is what is needed for a major change to occur. I just don't want to wait any longer and I'd rather my taxes pay for the salaries of state congressmen and women who share my concerns rather than laugh at them. Sorry about the rant but believe me, I’m moving back to the land of bbq and two stepping as soon as they realize mmj is legitimate.

Mutt said:
:yeahthat:
I can't give up fine southern gals, mustard base BBQ, and USC Gamecocks football. ;)

Clemson and Vinegar based bbq!!

Now wheres that middle finger icon? :p

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Clemson and Vinegar based bbq!!

Now wheres that middle finger icon? :p
we'll see this coming season whats what...after last year doubt ya'll are hopeful. :p
I always pull for the lil orange tiggers when they aren't playin the gamecocks. :p
Keep it green spearchucker. :farm: Keep a heads up.. they are sending out the choppers early this season. :( just found a 500plant grow last week.

Colorado isnt bad, although our winters might be a little too much for you!

The answer is clear, come on up to Canada, i will meet you at the border.

dman1234 said:
The answer is clear, come on up to Canada, i will meet you at the border.

Hmmmm.....let me sleep on it.....not sure if I cld handle your warm balmy winters......:D

Hamster Lewis said:
Hmmmm.....let me sleep on it.....not sure if I cld handle your warm balmy winters......:D

LOL,

Ahh come on, its not that bad where i am, on second thought even a Toronto winter might be too much for a southern boy.

My next door neighbor's growing up moved to Calgary, i think, and they adjusted after a few years. I had some canadians come through my work a few weeks ago and they were the kindest most polite people I'd ever dealt with. I talked to them about making the move up there and they made it sound pretty awesome.

Cool Poll I feel California is leading the true example of the war on anti-drug/drug misconception. Drugs are bad. Mother Nature is not. As soon as we as a united world begin to focus on drugs and not mother nature alot of thing will change. California is proving that it is going to take dwelling in the cracks to shine the light where it is needed.

youngbud said:
My next door neighbor's growing up moved to Calgary, i think, and they adjusted after a few years. I had some canadians come through my work a few weeks ago and they were the kindest most polite people I'd ever dealt with. I talked to them about making the move up there and they made it sound pretty awesome.

Thanks, We, as in Canada, thank you for the kind words. LOL

But a tip, if you dont like winter stay out of Calgary, Southern Ontario and Southern BC are where you wanna be.

You should just suck it up and move to northern british columbia. sure the winters get cold but not that bad. there a couple days when its gets really cold but its not like that the whole winter.
But There is a LOT of work here. The oil industy is BOOMING hard. any one who is a good worker can get a job and make 60,000$ to 70,000$ a year with no experience

Southern BC RULES!!! Just visited a month or so back. Gotta say CA for the mmj laws though. We have it pretty lax here. And you cant beat our weather.

Alkaloid, you obviously aint from the bay, cause we arent fighting $*#& against other drugs! Go to a hospital with a headache and they prescribe you a 30 pack of vicodin. Just saying.

You NC vs SC rivals, have had both yer BBQ's and honestly, gotta say,,,,,, I dig the vinegar base better :) The mustard base was still pretty damn good though :)

Alaska is by far the best state i have ever lived in, If you like solitude and Freedom, you cant choose any better place, I despise everything about California except the MMJ laws, If you do move to California go north, maybe you can escape some of the Illegals, but i doubt it.

Latest posts

Back