How long do I keep new clone under light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

White WidowMaker

I have one clone girl that survived and is actually now clearly showing lush, green growth. How long do I keep her under flourescent light before I can move her to stronger light and/or sunshine?

as long as she is rooted and standing up on her own i would say as soon as your ready :peace:
ps how long since you took her from the mom ?

Hello there friend.
When i do clones as soon as they rooted and into pot they go under my 600 hps.
I keep it about 3 foot away for first week then drop it to about 1 and half foot and if they seem ok within a few days of the drop i drop the light to 1 foot which is were i try to have it throughout the grow.
How many did you loose?
I have 100% succes with mine if you want any tips check http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ead.php?t=2441
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=17650
or just ask.
Anyway welcome mate, any questions ask away everyone loves to help.

UKgirl420 said:
as long as she is rooted and standing up on her own i would say as soon as your ready :peace:
ps how long since you took her from the mom ?

She hasn't moved in weeks, but I assume she has rooted and now is sucking up water because I see new green after period of yellowing and drying leaves. Container is opaque, so I don't actually see the roots. But new green growth is growing each day all the time just like plant if grown from seed. She looks bigger every day! I can't believe I actually cloned a female and she is alive! wow, cool!

Took 5 cuttings early in March, and only one survived. But the one that has survived makes me so happy!

How do you clone? Do you use foam, cubes, bubble job?
Did you use rooting hormone?
Suppose if the others died and she keeps going there a good chance she'll turn out to be a strong lady

Newbud said:
Hello there friend.
When i do clones as soon as they rooted and into pot they go under my 600 hps.
I keep it about 3 foot away for first week then drop it to about 1 and half foot and if they seem ok within a few days of the drop i drop the light to 1 foot which is were i try to have it throughout the grow.
How many did you loose?
I have 100% succes with mine if you want any tips check

{edit: deleted URLs because it says I am new member and can't post or repost-in-reply URLS}

or just ask.
Anyway welcome mate, any questions ask away everyone loves to help.

I am still afraid to change the environment (mostly heat) by moving the clone into a stronger MH grow light or sunshine.

How long should I wait to transplant her to bigger pot? Right now I am drop-feeding her a few splashes of water a day. When do I take the risk of moving her (shock with new/small roots?) to a larger container where I can water less?

Hello. Need details now like are you in soil, coco etc and what was your cutting rooted in?

Actually, I'm not sure the other 4 are yet dead. They are still with her, and tiny, pale yellow growth in the nodes, but that has been there for at least a couple of weeks. I am kinda (kind of) hoping that they are just doing the same thing of pulling inwards, sucking life out of the old growth, and I am hoping they will start to grow. This is why I keep watering them and caring for them just as I do the green girl...I keep hoping they will survive and live as quintuplets.

Potting soil, simple cut and root-hormone dip, then near 24 hours of flouroescent light.

Do you balance the ph of your water?
Can you get some pics up, a picture tells a thousand words

no ph nonsense. I just grow in potting soil. Never successfully cloned before. She's looking healthy. Thanks for your help and curiosity. I'll just leave her under CFL for a while at least a month and make sure she lives.

Experienced grower, just not experienced cloner.

...I'm not concerned about Ph. My soil is ok / fine.

Today I took my clone out in the sunshine and she is ok. Tonight I put her in with her mother/sister/self in the flowering closest with all the lights I have so they both get the most light possible. I figure I will take out the baby during the day to make sure she gets plenty of daylight and more and more direct sunshine so that she vegetates for the next couple of months.

I was reading over Puff Monkey's thread on clones (I am so sorry that he is going to jail!), and I wonder if I had covered my babies in plastic wrap to create humidity if I would have had more success in the others surviving?

Clones love humidity and if you had some soort of hood over your clones creating a humid enviroment, your clone success rate and rooting time would get way better. As far as transplanting, I use those small plastic plant trays and it real easy to pop out the soil mass and check the root structure without causeing any damage, and if you have planted in the same pots, go ahead an check em. If your plant is in a pot thats gonna be a bit hard to get the plant out of, I would wait untill I see about an inch or so of new growth and then transplant, just so ya know it has a larger stable root mass that wont get screwed up during the transplant. Just make sure the soil is thoroughly wet when you transplant to ensure the least amount of shock/damage.

Thanks, blanco. Had I thought that clones actually prefer humidity, I would have done the plastic wrap thing...but if I do this the next time, won't the plastic wrap prevent CO2 from getting to the plants? Or are the holes at the bottom of each container enough? (probably not). What
about a few pin pricks in the plastic wrap to let in some CO2?

All ya need to do is take the plastic wrap or whatever off for about an hour or so a day, let your clones stems and leaves dry out so they don't rot, then after an hour or so give em a nice little misting with water and cover em up again. This will give em all the fresh air they need, though a few holes wouldn't hurt either. As time goes on, progressively leave your humidity covering off for longer periods of time. Clones love their humidity, but sometimes you can notice em brown a bit, this means a little too much humidity, so either you haven't let the hjood off enough or you can go ahead and poke a few holes in if ya see that happening.

White WidowMaker said:
Thanks, blanco. Had I thought that clones actually prefer humidity, I would have done the plastic wrap thing...but if I do this the next time, won't the plastic wrap prevent CO2 from getting to the plants? Or are the holes at the bottom of each container enough? (probably not). What
about a few pin pricks in the plastic wrap to let in some CO2?
Or what abou tbuying a propergator? I got mine for £4/ $5.82 from local diy/garden place (B&Q).
Have vents in top so you can let air in after few days but not all time just for few hours.
Doesn't need to be heated as your grow area should do that

Thanks for the good suggestions!

I noticed you use clear cups/bottle-bottoms to cover your cups. Perhaps I can do this also.

blancolighter said:
All ya need to do is take the plastic wrap or whatever off for about an hour or so a day, let your clones stems and leaves dry out so they don't rot, then after an hour or so give em a nice little misting with water and cover em up again. This will give em all the fresh air they need, though a few holes wouldn't hurt either. As time goes on, progressively leave your humidity covering off for longer periods of time. Clones love their humidity, but sometimes you can notice em brown a bit, this means a little too much humidity, so either you haven't let the hjood off enough or you can go ahead and poke a few holes in if ya see that happening.

I am a DIY type of person. I don't want to purchase anything that would cause suspicion that I am growing marijuana. I don't even know what a propagator is. And in my country, they probably don't have that available very readily (i.e. would require a custom order involving telephone number, etc.).

Newbud said:
Or what abou tbuying a propergator? I got mine for £4/ $5.82 from local diy/garden place (B&Q).
Have vents in top so you can let air in after few days but not all time just for few hours.
Doesn't need to be heated as your grow area should do that

Why go to all that effort when you can just put em in a cheap as you like proporgator and leave em to it?
All you need to is maybe put a bit of water in bottom every few days,maybe, and open vent for 2 hours a day, no misting, no plastic wraps or putting holes in cups just easy.
I mean come on if I not lost one yet it MUST be easy
As for causing suspision they will have em at your garden centre lol
propergator.JPG

White WidowMaker said:
...I'm not concerned about Ph. My soil is ok / fine...

PH is not nonsense--you should always be concerned about your pH. If your pH is not within certain parameters, you plants are not going to get the nutrients they need. How can you know that your soil is okay/fine if you do not know what your pH is?

Latest posts

Back