GHS A.M.S.,The Church & Lemon Skunk grow -This one will be HOT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody, it's time for a new grow (actually I'm 2 weeks in, just haven't had a chance to post) I'll do my best to take new pics every Sunday and post them that day or Monday. This time around I'm growing Greenhouse Seeds AMS(3), The Church(2) and Lemon Skunk(4) for a total of 9 plants. Yes they will be packed tight. OK, here's what I've done so far... Seeds were soaked in regular old tap water 2 mondays ago(5/11). 100%seeds were all "cracked" within 36 hrs.(all but 3 in 24!) Seeds were planted into 4" pots with tapoot facing up. ALL seeds sprouted within 24hrs! So basically 3 days from out of the pkg to seedlings. I must say I was impressed. (1st time not using bagseed) Sorry I don't have pics of the first week but I forgot to clear my card, then I went to the Sprint Allstar race and ended up having to delete them to make room, my bad. Anyway, they grew for about a week or so in the little pots and then transplanted into their final 8" pots. And so now there about 15 days old from pkg. to current growth. Pics are of the seed packs, the soaking, and now 2 weeks in. For reference the pots with red tags are AMS, blue-The Church, and yellow Lemon Skunk. Starting next week they will be refered to as A1,A2,A3, C1,C2, L1,L2,L3 & L4. Oh yeah, the reason this grow will be HOT is because it's a summer grow, an outbuilding growroom and I live where it normally gets into the 90's and 100's on it's own. I really expect that the grow room temps will average between 90*-105* constantly. I use to worry about such things but have learned that they don't care too much, as long as they stay watered they can tough it out! Alright that's about enough for now, here's the grow room specs and pics. Enjoy!!
Amaethon.

GR specs: @ 4' x 2.5' x 3.5'
400 watt hps/mh, digital ballast
some flouros I had left over from garage renovation
Fox Farm OF mixed with MG organic 3-1 ratio
a bunch of fans

P1010017.jpg

Seedsinh2o.jpg

P1010179.jpg

P1010182.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010184.jpg

Week 3 pics
p1-AMS p2-The Church p3-Lemon Skunk p4-garden
Amaethon.

**I'm not sure what happened to pics, says they are attaching- will wait a day if don't show up will repost them.**

**I tried again this is the message I get
P1010192(2).JPG:
Attachment in Progress. Can be deleted here.
I guess I'll try again another day

i dont know how that high of temp will efect the size but i had a church in my room thats 4 ft *5ft veged it to 10 inchs , along with the pure gold and lemon haze and i had no room left. the church was 3 weeks older.what im saying is i hope u have enough room for all that. just a heads up ;) . i love that church it is sooo good:hubba:

OK, I uploaded the pics (again) and I think they'll work.
p1-AMS p2-The Church p-3-Lemon skunk p4/-garden

I hope size does not become too big an issue. I don't plan on any LST or other training except maybe to trim a little here and there to make room. If things go as planned I should be able to keep each plant about 10"-12" round which is just about perfect.

*note- today outside temp 91*-gr temp 97*
Amaethon.

P1010194(2).JPG

P1010190(2).JPG

P1010192(2).JPG

P1010191(2).JPG

This is going to be fun to follow. I've got both GHS A.M.S and Church going right now. I am only about 1 week into flowering. It will be interesting to see if you have some of the same characteristics that I've run into.

The Church was a slow starter for me. It looked healthy but just didn't take off until it was about 6 inches tall and then look out! They are very bushy with very active branching. It will be interesting to see how well the light gets to the lower parts of the plant as the canopy is very dense. I've read of grows that went from a veg'ed 16" to a 4 footer in flowering.

The AMS was a fast starter. Germed fast and took off when they popped out of the soil. When the Church's reached 12" the AMS's were about 16". They also branched very well. The fan leaves are bigger than my hand!

Both of these plants seemed to want alot of ferts. I never had any burn issues and am going fairly heavy handed with them.

Good luck with your grow. I can't wait to see your progress. I think you'll enjoy growing these.

Max

Everything looks good so far. I will definitely be following along. I hope you don't have any serious problems with the temps. Definitely keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

Update week-4
Well everything is going good so far. Here's this weeks pics-
p1-Lemonskunk p2-AMS p2-The Church p4- AMS2 closeup p5-garden

*Notes- re-did some of the GR ducting, added a new fan and a few other tweeks and have been able to equalize the GR temp with the outdoor temp. It's a good thing. More on this when I'm not so tired.

I've been "leaf tucking" the AMS and Church for the past week or so and both seem to be responding quite nicely, the AMS a bit more tho. Both strains are bushing nicely now.

The Lemon Skunk seems to just want to be left alone, won't let me tuck their leaves (too stiff) and seems to be leaning more towards the sativa side so far. They will almost surely be grown "au natural"

Lights have been running 24/o so far. Plan on flowering around 8-10 inches, so I will turn the lights back to 18/6 sometime this week and keep it there until they reach flowering heighth.

Amaethon.

P1010206(1).JPG

P1010207(1)(1).JPG

P1010214(1).JPG

P1010211(1).JPG

P1010222(1)(1).jpg

Ok everyone here's week 5 update (I don't usually count week1 when they first pop out, so in my world it's only week 4 but to be correct here, it's 5)

Anyway plants are doing great, no problems as yet. All have reached 8+ inches so that means it's time to FLOWER! Yeah!! Got alot of pics this week so I'm going to break this into 3 posts so I don't crash the server.
I'm also going to throw in a few observations I've noticed so far. Here goes...

Lemon Skunk: Prima Donna of the 3 strains. Doesn't seem to want you to mess with her too much. She knows what she needs to do and will do it just fine with out you messing around with her. Started out slower than the other strains but has passed in heighth already. Not so bushy yet tho. Stems and leaves are kinda stiff and don't like be fidgeted with, bend too much and they will snap.
pics are LS1, LS2, LS3, LS4 and above pic.

Amaethon

P1010255.JPG

P1010263.JPG

P1010265.JPG

P1010256.JPG

P1010269.JPG

Ok our next contestant is:

The Church: Not as stuckup as the Lemon Skunk. She will let you bend her here and there and will let you man handle her a bit, but she seems kinda fragile so be careful. Stems, leaves and such are kinda wimpy if you ask me. They'll bend for you, but are kinda soft, almost string like. You could probaly tie a knot in the smaller stems without breaking them. I imagine they'll toughen over time tho. Grows at a nice steady rate and leans towards the bushy side.
pics C1, C2, and overhead view.

Amaethon

P1010254.JPG

P1010249.JPG

P1010267.JPG

And our final contestant:

AMS: Ok this is the bad girl of the 3. If she was a real girl she would be the one Mom never found out about. I think this girl will let you do whatever you want to her! You could tie her up, bend her around, give her heat, cold, whatever you can think of! She is tough. You tuck a leaf it stays, you untuck it it goes right back, you can bend her stems like pipe cleaners it seems. Need one to go a little left, just bend it and it stays. This plant I like.
pics, A1, A2, A3, overhead and the whole garden

So to sum up metaphorically:
Lemon Skunk-The girl you want to take to the prom-Pretty, but she knows it!
The Church-The girl you actually take to the prom-average, but cleans up well.
AMS-The girl you ditch your date for at the after prom party-you know why, she likes to party!

Amaethon

P1010253.JPG

P1010251.JPG

P1010252.JPG

P1010266.JPG

P1010281.JPG

Very very nice...im jealous with my bag seed now...lol...<----pullin up a chair :)

Week 6 update:
Ok so far so good, no problems what so ever. Been in flower for a week now, not all that much to report. All the plants have grown @2"-3" over the last week. Trimmed a little bit off the bottoms of a few, stuff that wasn't going to produce. Been training a couple of branches here and there mainly to bring the lower branches up and to position others where I want them. Trying to keep them about a foot around or so. Only had a couple of minutes (literally) to take pics tonight (Dad day stuff) Oh yeah, Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there! So I just clicked a couple quick shots of the whole garden (no individual pics this week-sorry) Didn't mess with the camera settings so if they're not the best, oh well. Individual pics next week I promise. Enjoy

Amaethon

P1010296.JPG

P1010297.JPG

Update week 7
I know I'm a little late this week, solets get going here...

Everything going fine still. Plants are ranging from 16-22 inches tall.
The AMS & Church are all in the 16-18 inch range, the Lemon Skunk 18-22.

Plant traits pretty much unchanged as stated before. LS wants to do their own thing, I'll let them. Church going good but still kinda wimpy, AMS is doing everything I ask of them.

I'll break up pics into 2 posts.
(the LS is taller and a pain to move so I left them in gr for pics)

p1-C1 p2-C2 (blurry) p3-C aerial p4-LS1/4 p5-LS2/3

P1010300(1).JPG

P1010306(1).JPG

P1010309(1).JPG

P1010310(1).JPG

P1010311(1).JPG

Now the AMS and garden.
(I guess it's not the church2 pic thats blurry but one of the other pics, I'm not sure which)

p1-A1 p2-A2 p3-A3 p4-A aeriel p5-garden (my how they've grown!)

Amaethon

P1010302(1).JPG

P1010301(1).JPG

P1010299(1).JPG

P1010305(1).JPG

P1010313(1).JPG

Just wanted to give a few GR updates:
I found a kick-butt fan/ventilator at Harbor Freight for $72. 8" 1500+cfm
It works awesome! Highly recommend. I installed a small central A/C vent tapped directly into the house trunk line. (runs 20ft underground, was originally used for exhaust, just reworked it a little to make it an A/C intake) Anyway with this setup I was able to stabilize the temps a little.
GR temps still avg. 85*-95* but I'm fine with that, plants don't seem to mind either.
Another note: I haven't used any nutes as of yet but will give them a little boost next watering-gotta get to the grow store this week some time.
Water is just plain tap ph reduced from7.0 to 6.4.
That's about it. pic of fan/vent. Harborfreight.com search-ventilator.

Amaethon

*edit-fan says 8-7/8 but if you remove grill it's a perfect 8. mine is actually reduced down to 4"
not very loud and stays very cool. (mine is in a box, filled with shipping foam and then the whole thing set on a folded towel, can't hear it from more than 18" or so)

fanbox.jpg

fanbox2.jpg

Latest posts

Back