Leaf tips curling down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahiti Allen

Reaction score
Howdy Gang!!:hubba: My plants leaves are curled down and I don't know why!:holysheep: They are flowering now and I just watered them the day before and the next day, the leaves are curled down!:holysheep:What causes this to happen??:eek: Help!!!:shocked: Check my photo's and let me know, what might be the problem and how to fix it!! please!!:hairpull:

Sweet Mama Clones 001.jpg

Sweet Mama Clones 002.jpg

Hey Allen, Welcome! What size pots are they in? I bet your watering every few days. It means its rootbound. Your already flowering, just keep goin as is, not big deal. Maybe use more dirt next time. They look great :aok:

Howdy SmokeMyPiece!! They are in 30 liters of good soil and I'm watering on the 3rd day, it's pretty hot here in the south of France! I don't think, they are rootbound, they are just 4 ft. tall! When I water them, I give them 15 liters, with nutrients! This is the first time the leaves have curled down on me! Thanks, my friend!!

I hve had plenty of plants do that and I hve never thought anything of it....certainly never caused any problems for me. I think your plants look hella healthy. Jmo

Dito Hampster

Plants look :aok:

take careand be safe

They look healthy to me too, but I thought those leaf tips indicated too much nitrogen. Actually, I have that happen to my plants too, and it doesn't seem serious.

I always get curling down leaves.. Figured it was a sign the roots had hit all sides, as mine do this in 16oz cups around the time I have to water every day (6-7th node).

Hey SmokeMyPiece and Alistair ! Some people say, that the curling down of the leaves could be cause by "overwatering! In other words, I watered them while they were still wet! For me, I normally water every third day, now I have changed, I waited until the leaves druped alittle bit from no water and I weighed my girls! Now, only when they are at their lowest weight do they get water!! I attached a photo of them!! Take it easy, my friends!

Sweet Mama Clones (105).jpg

Nice friggin bushes brosef.....those look hella healthy. Beautiful.

They don't look like they have rams horns to me....slight bend not to the degree over over ferting. Most of the time I see rams horns I see nute burn on the tips as well.jmo

i also see some curling up...

...your mg is low...which would be a side affect of too much N. . after the flush, you can use a epsom salt/water foliar feed or grab some calmag for your watering.

peace,

mr_chow

Hamster Lewis said:
They don't look like they have rams horns to me....slight bend not to the degree over over ferting. jmo

...in soil things don't happen all at once. :hubba:

Tahiti Allen said:
Hey SmokeMyPiece and Alistair ! Some people say, that the curling down of the leaves could be cause by "overwatering! In other words, I watered them while they were still wet! For me, I normally water every third day, now I have changed, I waited until the leaves druped alittle bit from no water and I weighed my girls! Now, only when they are at their lowest weight do they get water!! I attached a photo of them!! Take it easy, my friends!

they look near perfect to me.:confused2: lush and green :).. "I" wouldn't change a thing. the very slight tipping down, I always read as a sign that you've approached the max' nitrogen they can handle before you'll see burn. "I:" don't see any interveinal chlorosis to indicate mg deficiency.

Mg deficiency:

... effects the lower and later middle leaves; causes the leaf tips to curl upward and die...may not be severe now, but...

Mg is often in soil but unavailable due to the soil being too cold/wet or acidic. an excess of K and N can also bind Mg in soil.

do what you want...i'm just here to help :rolleyes:

there is a week between the pics. i dont believe he has an issue.

Thanks, to you'al! I'll post some more photo's around harvest time!!

I am getting the same thing from one strain (girlscout cookies) THe purps look fine but these have a droop. I am 5 weeks in bloom and not giving much N at all. I may be root bound I have 20 gal smart pots. But I am not sure. They are only about 7-8 foot high. And these are farther behind the rest. Any Ideas or do you think it looks like root bound?I grow indoor hydro mostly but have been doing some outdoor organic lately. Temps have been in the high 90s-100 lately : (

Latest posts

Back