4x4 grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
OK. i am so excited> I am harvesting my first grow today (3). super stoked. on march 1st going to harvest my last 3 yeaaaaaa. i have a 4x4 grow room. using fox farm nutes and soil. 600 watt hps. circulating fan and eventually going to buy a carbon filter. cant afford one at this time. have 7 foot ceilings. i have two separate rooms for vegging and flowering. it was my first time taking clones which were at 100% yeaaaa
my clones will me vegging for 2 months on march 1st. my question to you is how many plants should i flowering with around 8 week vegging to produce the best yield.

4 x 4 is 16 square feet. Each plant needs at least 1 square foot. I would probably put around 8 in there but it depends on the strain and the training methods you use. I have 4 in my 4'9" x 4'9" x 7 foot tent that have been vegging for 7 weeks with quite a bit of topping. You can check out how much space they take up here.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60192

I have a 4x4 space and I have grown 8 but the yield suffered. I like 6 for me, but I grow big girls that veg a couple months. Hope that helps.

First congrats on getting your first harvest and 100% clone success. Like Herm said, it really depends on several factors. How big did the girls get this time? If you veg clones for 8 weeks, they are going to be very big as clones get there a little faster than growing from seed. You could put 8 plants in and equally space them and let them grow pretty much straight up, top them once and keep them tall and narrow. Flip them when they are about 10-14" tall. Did they double in size after you flipped them to flower last time?

Also if you don't have the money for a smell filter, go to the pet store and get some charcoal impregnated filter mesh. It comes in large sheets. Just cut several pieces to fit over the end of the intake to the exaust air, it works quite well for about a month then cut another one and do it again. You can also get activated charcoal in containers. you can pour about half of a container out in a plate and set it where one of the fans in the room will blow on it and it will absorb a lot of smell just like that. Just go in every few days and mix it up so that fresh charcoal is on the top, then change it out after about 6 weeks or when you start to notice smell when you open the door. :)

Most any of the commercial pet stores should carry it. You can find it in the fish aquarium, filter supply area. Many of the aquarium stores also carry it as it is for fish tanks. But it works really good and is cheap. :)

grow 12/12 from seed and you could fit 16 in there.

Wouldn't that make for stretched plants??

Runbyhemp said:
IMHO ... Vegging for 8 weeks will only allow you to "comfortably" grow 4 plants in a 4x4 size tent.

Veg for less and you'll fit another couple in, grow 12/12 from seed and you could fit 16 in there.

:yeahthat:

Jjuniorgrower said:
What store can you buy charcoal impregnated filter mesh at?

You can also check the building supply stores such as Home Depot. They sell if for prefilters on some of their HEPA filters:aok:

Congratulations on your first harvest and your successful cloning!

With a 2 month veg, I would say that 4-6 plants will probably fill your room nicely. Do you have any pics of the girls you are harvesting?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Congratulations on your first harvest and your successful cloning!

With a 2 month veg, I would say that 4-6 plants will probably fill your room nicely. Do you have any pics of the girls you are harvesting?

I don't not have any pics to go with my harvest. I don't have a camera as of right now. My dog decided to use as a chew toy but will have another by the time march harvest comes. Will keep u posted

Once all dried wool post my dry yield for my first grow. Was really impressed with the bud size. For being my own that is

if my tent is 2x4 how many plants do u think i could fit in my space?

54.5"x28"x78"

From replies on my end. I would say 2-8 depends how long u vegg and how many plants u wanna tend 2

I would put no more than 3 micros, or 2 small bushes or cacti, or 1-2 for scrog. JMO :)

GrowLikeU said:
if my tent is 2x4 how many plants do u think i could fit in my space?

54.5"x28"x78"

I would say about 4 plants in a 2x4 tent. :)

Latest posts

Back