greenfly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk

Reaction score
noticed about 20 greenfly on 2 young plants i have whats the best defense? i saw a recipe for a home made spray with garlic liquid soap etc in it cant find it again, will this work?

any help appreciated

I'm having the same problem, I've just made the mix, gonna use it starting tomorrow, anyone used the garlic+hand soap mix with any success ?

I can't post pics right now, but I've found the whiteflies beneath my leaves along with some yellowish eggs, I'm having small white dots on the leaves along with a little bigger white "stains".
I also have to say that my mother used a hot pepper juice on roses which burned their leaves.

Johnny Trip said:
I can't post pics right now, but I've found the whiteflies beneath my leaves along with some yellowish eggs, I'm having small white dots on the leaves along with a little bigger white "stains".
I also have to say that my mother used a hot pepper juice on roses which burned their leaves.

Sorry for thread jacking but are they flying insects? When I had spider mites both times they looked like little white dots and they left little white stains on the leaves that turned into yellow spots as the leaf damage set in. They also left little white/yellow egg sacks on the underside of the leaves. For your sake I hope you do not have spider mites. If they are flying they are definitely not spider mites though.

-SSF-

ive been using the spray for a few days, hard to tell if its done much just because its been raining alot so probabaly washing away anything i spray. but so far there are alot less of them so seems to be working. one of the plants ive sprayed with it has a few strange leaves now, kind of curved ill post some pics when i can though i think this might be unrelated as this plant always looked a bit weird just more pronounced now.

mine are definately not spider mites, so not too bad. the greenfly havent really damaged much atall im surprised

been away for a week had a quick look and all aphids seem to be gone so that recipe gets a thumbs up from me, no damage i could notice some weird leaves but only on one plant i think from stress earlier on in the grow.

had bought an organic pest repellent probably wont use it unless they come back but its for fruit veg and ornamental plants, seemed like the one suited to sensitive/edible/smokable plants but has rapeseed oil in it, said that certain plants are sensitive to that.
is MJ one of these?
had a google but couldnt find any MJ specific info

Latest posts

Back