Low temps and cloning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Just a quick question for all my buddies. I took some more clones yesterday there in my bubble cloner now. My question is my veg room is getting down to the fifties and sixties at night. Do you think this will prevent my clones from rooting. Just wanted to ask now before I just let the poor girls freeze to death. I may have to find somewhere to put them? I got no idea. Thanks for the help guys.

That is to cold

Some people use a heated mat for the babies. I agree you need to get those temps up.

"IMO/E" low temps impeded the rooting process too. BUT.. I know a guy that "swears" by temps in the 60's for rooting.

I know 60-70 makes for nice healthy white roots in a DWC.

if the water in the cloner isnt 50's, you should be fine! just might take a few extra days!

Would try to keep it 60 or above. 59 or 58 won't kill you, but 55 and lower will probably start to affect them pretty negatively.

I have been struggling with 2 of my plants that have been in cold temps and swinging temps. Until I got the temps leveled out, they were swinging from mid 50s to low 80s, and it has caused them to shut down n not grow and get discolored. Now that the temps are settled between 65-75 they are taking off.

I also had a problem a while back with a bunch of clones that were just floundering for no apparent reason. Put a heater in the cloner to bring the temps to upper 70s and moved them from being infront of the AC and now they are rocking clones.

Latest posts

Back