Drooping leafs every time I water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natize

Reaction score
Hi guys so I've been having an issue with my plants.every time I water them the leafs droop for a lil.bit I don't know why.i ph water to 6.4.this only happens with the plants that are grown from seed.the strains are big bud super skunk and blue cheese I purchased them from royal queen seeds.any help will be highly appreciated.
4f1df841e23268ff0db835d5f5bb54ac.jpg
c0cc1c04f6c0a1119af3c33dc6bb5043.jpg
e5b55ccb31c797de9a2e1efbd6ba9379.jpg
fd423410ed9d145667d57a21e2f0f9d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

They look fine to me.. plants that are at their happiest have leaves pointing up, but it is fine a little wilt. Are you watering until it runs out the bottom and letting them dry well before watering them again?
Do you have spots on your leaves? Do you wish i would quit asking you questions?

Yes I water until water comes out bottom and they are dry I stick my finger in quite a bit to see if soil dry.no spots on leafs.also got a question.about other plants y does these leafs look like this is it normal for clones.its only new growth all old growth is fine very green no burnt tips.
77b3835b0f91b2e90a16ce8f9f48aa0b.jpg
e91cbcfb87258834ff587dd3d7c6d7b1.jpg
ec27e5690aa0d5ce6fce2e35b5d78da2.jpg
bc1e3442654cd6614a1f5bb68a54a135.jpg

I suspect the soil you are using is the problem with the wilting leaves. It looks like it doesn't aerate well. A little trick to help you get over the hump is to aerate your water with a fish tank air pump and stone for 12hrs and then adjust pH again. This will saturate the water with oxygen that the roots need to thrive.

Anytime you are starting from seed, you have to be very careful what soil you use and how dense it is, how much nutrient is in it. Its not good to use a prenuted soil as that can be too strong for young tender roots. Once the roots system is established (around 2-3wks) the plants can handle much more variance to the soil conditions.

The lighter color on new growth is not too unusual. But it could be a sign that something is just a little "off". the usual suspect for problems is the pH being off some. It could also be your soil. sometimes with commercial soil, you can get chemical binding that locks up a certain nutrient element where the plant cant absorb it. What kind of soil do you use?

I use fox farm ocean forrest for the big plants and happy frog for the seedlings

Do you put anything in the soil to break it up so that it aerates better. I use large pebble pearlite to break up my soil, at about 25% or 3 parts medium to 1 part pearlite. This prevents the medium from compacting too much when watered.

The FFOF is good medium but I have heard of people having issues with salt buildup in it. It also seems to have enough material to break it up that compaction shouldn't be an issue for the larger plants. I would just watch the plants right now. If the new growth straightens out and greens up as it grows then it may just be a trait of that strain.

However, if they continue to look "off" then I would suggest you do a soil pH test. You may have to flush the medium if they get worse, but I would just watch for now.
If you do end up doing a pH test, you will need to get distilled water and pour through the medium slowly and then catch the runoff in a clean pan so that you can check the pH. Don't use regular water as it will have elements in it that can throw off the pH. The distilled water has nothing in it and will more easily take on the pH of the soil and give you a more accurate reading.

At 70f, if I am reading your thermometer correctly, and 40% rh, you are well below normal temps and your low rh are affecting transpiration. What seems like a normal watering routine may actually be perceived by the plant as overwatering, considering it isnt able to transpire properly.

Feed less in a feeding, no runoff.. Or, the better idea, get your temps up to 78f and your humidity closer to 70% and watch your plants explode.

The vpd for cannabis necessitates roughly 60-75% RH at 78f for optimal growth.

Hope that helps :)

At 70f, if I am reading your thermometer correctly, and 40% rh, you are well below normal temps and your low rh are affecting transpiration. What seems like a normal watering routine may actually be perceived by the plant as overwatering, considering it isnt able to transpire properly.

Feed less in a feeding, no runoff.. Or, the better idea, get your temps up to 78f and your humidity closer to 70% and watch your plants explode.

The vpd for cannabis necessitates roughly 60-75% RH at 78f for optimal growth.

Hope that helps :)

agree! my growing guide on my fluence led says 80 to 85 degrees is ideal and also likes 55 to 65% r.h. as ideal, as well. i think the temp will vary from strain to strain. where the r. h. is more constant.

70f is a little on the cool side for young clones or seedlings. I try to keep mine around 80f.

Latest posts

Back