Marijuana Prices/Weights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincent16

Reaction score
Ok i'm relatively new to smoking, however i'm curous to the prices of pot. I want to know the prices for good bud, mids, and regs, and how much each thing should weigh out to. And if i don't have a scale, how can I tell if im getting skimped or not?

Prices depend of where you live and what time of year it is.
Nov. & Dec. are the best times to buy weed, after the years outdoor harvest is dried & cured.
The market becomes glutted at that time. Weed is cheap and plentiful at that time. Prices are high in the summer and peak around Sept. Supply and demand.

Dealer's charge what people will pay. If 2 guys in the same neighborhood have the exact same weed and 1 person is selling a certain amt. for $100.00 and the other guy is selling the same thing for $90, the first dealer will have to match or go lower than that price.

You can get a simple mechanical scale for about $10--$15.
Cheap digital scales can be picked up for as low as $35.
Remember, the baggie ways several grams.
Or buy from a reputable dealer. Talk to friends and find out where they get theirs.

Nick = about 1.75g = 1/16 of an Ounce (usualy this is when someone just wants 1 blunt. Its not usualy weighd out just eyeballd).........Dime = 1/8 Ounce = 3.5g.......... Quarter = 1/4 Ounce = 7g (commonly calld a dub)..........Half Ounce = Half an Ounce = 14g......... Ounce = 28g.......... Quarter Pound = 4 Ounces ( Often calld a QP or cutie pie).......... Half Pound = 8 Ounces........... Pound = 16 Ounces

The baggies most widely used are the sandwitch bags bought at food lion or wherever.. those bags weigh 1 gram each... so if you buy a quarter sack... it should weigh 7g of weed + 1g for the bag... 8g

donno why im posting this... i just seen where it said "Last edited 10-24-05" but i typed all this crap so im gonna post it lol k bye

oh and a good drug dealer will scale it out for you so U can see the grams when your buying it... i hate when someone just tosses you a bag ... way better when the put it on the digital and lemme see tha weight.. sets my mind at ease

check it out.
OUT HERE IN L.A. YOU GOT STRESS = REGULAR 2grams = 2 BLUNTS $5
CRONIC = MID .5grams = 1 BLUNT $10
KUSH = BEST 1gram = 2BLUNTS $20 - $25

Never buy weed without seeing the weight..
Get yourself some scales...pocket scales are the most common . Just don't trust the dealers scales trust your own.

GanjaGuru said:
Prices depend of where you live and what time of year it is.
Nov. & Dec. are the best times to buy weed, after the years outdoor harvest is dried & cured.
The market becomes glutted at that time. Weed is cheap and plentiful at that time. Prices are high in the summer and peak around Sept. Supply and demand.

Dealer's charge what people will pay. If 2 guys in the same neighborhood have the exact same weed and 1 person is selling a certain amt. for $100.00 and the other guy is selling the same thing for $90, the first dealer will have to match or go lower than that price.

You can get a simple mechanical scale for about $10--$15.
Cheap digital scales can be picked up for as low as $35.
Remember, the baggie ways several grams.
Or buy from a reputable dealer. Talk to friends and find out where they get theirs.

lol not for me its 80 a oz ever time i get it lol and i never tell my buddys wear i get my bud from lol

Mr.Wakenbake said:
Never buy weed without seeing the weight..
Get yourself some scales...pocket scales are the most common . Just don't trust the dealers scales trust your own.

depends man i trust my buddy i get 90% of my bud for the other 10% is my bud lol and my buddy would never rip me off i have know hime for 5+ years my bro has known him for 10 he is like family i always trust him i dont even have a scale anymore gave it to a buddy cuz my bags all always right or more and thats straight with me

Bleek187 said:
Nick = about 1.75g = 1/16 of an Ounce (usualy this is when someone just wants 1 blunt. Its not usualy weighd out just eyeballd).........Dime = 1/8 Ounce = 3.5g.......... Quarter = 1/4 Ounce = 7g (commonly calld a dub)..........Half Ounce = Half an Ounce = 14g......... Ounce = 28g.......... Quarter Pound = 4 Ounces ( Often calld a QP or cutie pie).......... Half Pound = 8 Ounces........... Pound = 16 Ounces

The baggies most widely used are the sandwitch bags bought at food lion or wherever.. those bags weigh 1 gram each... so if you buy a quarter sack... it should weigh 7g of weed + 1g for the bag... 8g

donno why im posting this... i just seen where it said "Last edited 10-24-05" but i typed all this crap so im gonna post it lol k bye

Here a dime is a blunt and it costs $10. A dub is 2 blunts and it costs $20.

TheStickyIcky said:
Here a dime is a blunt and it costs $10. A dub is 2 blunts and it costs $20.

this is true. or a dub can b 1 blunt :)

and about the ur own scale thing - u cant pull out ur own scale everytime. sometimes u mite see ur boy chillin on the block. u tell him wat u want, he reaches into his pocket, u give him a pound, or a dap or w/e u wanna call it, aka a handshake. and voila. he has something from u, u have something from him. cant pull out the scale, adjust it, and weigh the baggie in broad daylight.

here a pound joint is 5$=1.0 gram of mid. a blunt 10$ =2.0 of grams quarter is 25$ when you buy a whole ounce 30 when just buying quarter and nugget is about 20$ a gram 50.00$ an eighth and 100.00 a quarter and regular is about 40.00 an ounce

i just bought an eigth of velvet kush for 65 bucks from the dispensary in santa barbara, ca.

worth every penny

i would suggest not dealing with corner dealers....

I don't deal with anyone that i can't weigh it first... period but that's just me.

damn well in my state , a dime is .5 wich is $10 dub is alaways $20 and weighs out to bout .8 ,.9 usually a dealer will say oh its 1.3 wen really the baggie weighs alot , so take that green out the bga and embarras him , stems n seeds also have weight not much but say preferely without the gunky seeds n stems

gangsta bud said:
damn well in my state , a dime is .5 wich is $10 dub is alaways $20 and weighs out to bout .8 ,.9 usually a dealer will say oh its 1.3 wen really the baggie weighs alot , so take that green out the bga and embarras him , stems n seeds also have weight not much but say preferely without the gunky seeds n stems

I myself like good bud with tons of seeds. wonder why. :p
typically seeded bu loses potency, so you could end up with a really good female to just have something unknown and different. I've found some nice phenos from bagseed. ;)

here its:
mexi brick-mid grade is $40-50 oz
the kill is $40-50 1/8

Where im from people don't walk around with scales to weigh their stash, you just get it and go!

That Piff/ Indoor (AAA) $200 an oz
Freezeland or Good Outdoor $170 an oz
Chinaman/ commerical indoor $150 an oz

everyone is sooo scared of getting ripped off... You think a mary jane dealer is going to rip you on weight? Yeah thats it, he wants you to never ask to buy for weed again.... sigh.

Latest posts

Back