1000 watt bulbs for flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray jay

Reaction score
Looking for a 1000 watt bulb for flowering. while at the hydro shop today looking at bulbs there was a warm and a cool. the warm was 115000 lumms and 3200k, and the cool was 6500k and 80000 lumms. What one is better for flowering? Right now Im running 2 400 watt bulbs I hope the 1000 watt will do better. Thanks

You will need a 1000w hps (32K) to flower with. You will also need the ballast to fire it. I suggest looking at a digital system from HTG Supply. For the money you will spend at the local shop on a basic system you will get a system you can use for veg and flower.

I use a 1000w Agrosun universal bulb in vegging & budding. The Agrosun is designed to use in both stages. I dont have to worry about changing the bulb for different stages.

Im going to use one of the 400 watt lights I have for veg. I already have a ballast and hood for the 1000 watt bulb so I wont need to be changing bulbs until new one is needed. I am using 5 dual bulb 40 watt cool lights for seeds and cuttings. With the new bulb I should be set.

Latest posts

Back