Will these plants Hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Question?

I had 8" plants outside but they started flowering in July!
One tray was from seeds {tray #2} and the males pollenated the next tray over.
I put tray #1 back in veg and won't need to flower them for 2 months...

Here's the question, will they hermie?
Has the male pollen 'gotten into them' irrecovably?
Should I buy more seeds of the strain for $80.?
Or just wait and see???

I was bring them in for 6 hours of extra light but decided to just leave them out as it was July.
I'm afraid trying to save money by using the free sun may have been an expensive mistake.

Help ???

The Poet...

If the plants were in flower or preflower and they got hit with pollen then you will have seeds. Those aren't hermies. Hermies are when a female plant produces a nanner and pollinates itself. Maybe it is a good cross you made!

:yeahthat:
What strains you dealing with?

I Agree its not Hermie and I would add that the entire plant wont be seeded just what ever hairs was hit with pollen. As long as you pulled the Males you can mist with water to kill any pollen left . I use a pump sprayer and hit tops and bottom of leafs and all surrounding plants.

t

Rosebud,

Yes... they got pollenated but ...
are you sure... pollenated plants 8" tall, put back into veg for 2...
even 3 months will not revert to a non-pollenated plant suitable to flowering?

If so I will have to lose the Oregon Grown Og strain.
I'm so broke now it will be 'a coons age' before I can re-up on Deb's Og.

Thank you...

The Poet...

no poet, if they were pollinated then you will have seeds. If just the preflowers were hit with pollen than you will just have a few seeds. They are not hermies. You can use the seeds and grow your new "cross".

Are there a few strains we are talking about or just one?. IME some strains dont like to be crossed and can hermie if genetics are not good. if it is the same strain than you are on your way to f2 and IMO is the best way to preserve the strain if you loose the clones.

Rosebud,

I trashed the tray of Oregon Grown og and the tray of Satori.
They both were next to and 6' away from the offending Illumanati strain {I didn't like it anyway}
The next crop of Goji however was 50 yards away and may have escaped the pollen.
Plus... one Satori which will provide clones for my favorite strain, was with the Goji! So the Satori was not lost!

If the Goji and the single Satori escaped the {2-3 only} pollen sacks then I have lost only the Oregon grown 0g strain.

But wait! I've heard it is possible to 're-veg'... a plant that has flowered.
To harvest it then put it back in 18 hr light and it will not be seeded or hermied either.
Would it be possible to take clones from the Og's I have in flower now?
At any time in the future? To save the strain.

I was going to order Northern Lights to replace the lost og.
But it sure is a good strain and I hate to loose it.

Thank you...

The Poet...

try it, take a couple of cuts and yes, put back under 18 hour light. The place the plant revegges from is from the blooms. So don't cut those off. It will look dead, but be patient it may come back. 50 % chance... GOOD LUCK POET!!!!

After reveg should be ok with no seeds.

Latest posts

Back