"Popcorn" or "Corn" Weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dro_Smokah92

Bud Smokah
Reaction score
I stay in Dallas and there's this weed real popular over here called "Popcorn" or Corn for short. It is light green and has lots of red hairs. THey call it popcorn cuz of the way the buds break apart when you u are breakin em down. has anyone heard of this weed? do you know what the real strain is called cuz i would like to look up growing conditions? any help appreciated thanks.

i live in the north east ot usa,and theres alot of that around here we call it dro,i have no idea the strain,but its always pertty good,im sure someone will have more info..then me good luck

I have always thought it was called popcorn B/c it had no weight to it. its all fluff with no love.

lol i never hear of this popcorn bud next time yall get some take some pics of it!!

Dro_Smokah92 said:
I stay in Dallas and there's this weed real popular over here called "Popcorn" or Corn for short. It is light green and has lots of red hairs. THey call it popcorn cuz of the way the buds break apart when you u are breakin em down. has anyone heard of this weed? do you know what the real strain is called cuz i would like to look up growing conditions? any help appreciated thanks.

Here on MP, when someone refers to "popcorn" buds, they generally mean the buds that are usually found on the lower parts of the plant at harvest. These buds are almost always small, popcorn sized, puffy little things. They still have a decent high to them, but they are just small and airy.

I've never heard a strain of weed referred to as "popcorn".

Maybe it has a popcorn type smell? Tastes good with lots of butter?

Hahahahaah, just kiddin man.

One of the first times i smoked i smoked some popcorn with my friends. I didnt really get a good look at it or anything because i still didnt really know the difference b/t any of it. But my friends call it popcorn dro. So i think it is a specific strain. I do know its pretty hard to find though.

Ive always called popcorn buds.. just those small little nuggets in the bag... ive seen people call different piffs just about everything else.. so this wouldnt surprize me..

i registered to this page just to reply to this. . . .

corn is one thing i have found unique to dallas. its something them htown boys dont got and makes them katrina folk not wanting to go home...

its not dro it... it has that reggie (shwag) smell but tastes way better.
when u break that down there is no need to pull it apart it just crumbels under your fingers. the seeds are bigger then normal and are always whole never broke or. and unlike reggie u smoke a rello and your actually high without a headache.

only diffrence is u get like 2-3 rello action out of a dime. its a smaller sack
but way worth the money...reggie

I think what you are talking about it just some good mid-grade. We call it K-Town, its real popular up around the Kansas City area too. It goes for like $40 a quad, it smokes way better than schwag and sometimes has some seeds. Usually its not bricked up either, sounds like what you guys are talking about. If you want to grow some, the seeds from the bags around here have almost always sprouted for my friend that grows. Its just a commercial strain too so I'm sure its relatively easy to grow.

We call it Popcorn bud too!! but they call All of it popcorn bud because it alll light wieght !!

KTownKilla said:
I think what you are talking about it just some good mid-grade. We call it K-Town, its real popular up around the Kansas City area too. It goes for like $40 a quad, it smokes way better than schwag and sometimes has some seeds. Usually its not bricked up either, sounds like what you guys are talking about. If you want to grow some, the seeds from the bags around here have almost always sprouted for my friend that grows. Its just a commercial strain too so I'm sure its relatively easy to grow.

yep we are most diffently talkn about the same thing. . . infact ive heard this fool talkn bout it saying they call it midgarde in other places . . .

but when i think midgrade i think cheap dro like 250 a zip ****

yea i'll have to agree on that, the last sack of good middy's i've seen was some stankin, light green, crunchy/sticky popcorn nugs.

its always got well developed seeds, good crystalization and hairs. great taste good high. as a matter of fact i think i'll pack the bong now

grovesidetexas said:
yep we are most diffently talkn about the same thing. . . infact ive heard this fool talkn bout it saying they call it midgarde in other places . . .

but when i think midgrade i think cheap dro like 250 a zip ****

ouch is all i gotta say to that, 250? more like 125 where im at, and with no seeds for 150

now u want some dro on the other hand ur talkin 300 -500 easy

i've had it and i have always called it popcorn buds too. but hey .. i guess we can dub that strain the popcorn tree...lol

Sounds like i bud i smoked called pumpkin bud taste and smells pumkiny like when u open up a pumpkin and smell the insides it was a yellow looking bud 2 really different high good stuff :hubba:

popcorn is like this light brown/green weed
very popular in houston

I've got two rillos of popcorn its good its a stronger high rather than a heavy stoned.Sorta wakes you up for awhile.In Houston we can get it 10 a gram or 10 a rillo or free like i do

sounds like a local name for good weed that's been trimmed properly for retail.
There is an ton of marketing involved in weed.
If I were to say you want to by some bud I grew in my backyard at $x or do you want some " Popcorn " at $2x ,you might think "twice as exspensive , twice as good . The truth being it's the same bud .
P.T. Barnum is alive and well
Caviat Emptor

Latest posts

Back