What do you do with old vape material?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats happening sopappy?

Dosage is completely dependent upon starting material potency and how far it was vaporized....
Like someone above said, if you vape on HIGH heat and completely roast your greens into blacks they are then likely spent.
I never vape my weed to the point it turns black, I maintain a medium heat and stop vaping when it turns light brown and taste like popcorn.

I take between 1-3 caps in the late afternoon/evening and I always feel them kicking in between 30-45 minutes.

The caps are strong and always make my eyelids feel heavy so I tend to make these a PM thing.

They have never given me digestive complaints.

Duration also depends on quality and quantity... 1 cap makes me feel medicated for at least 6 hours.

I took 10 of these caps once years ago as I wanted to meet my creator that night....... I didn't meet anyone but I was well on my way. That level of dosage would have scared many people I am sure of that.

Good luck on your cannacap ventures!

I also sprinkle ABV on my peanut butter and it gets me gone.

peace and pot :)

You wanted to meet Him like to say hello or as a permanent guest? none of my business really but a BIG difference One more dumb one... do you use 0 or 00, is 00 smaller? I see lots of green in my ABV, the stuff never gets a chance to cure. Good tips, thanks, be well.

If i vaped green,,, i would try it,,,,but i dont vape anything but oil anymore. Yehaaaaaaaa

good or bad vaporizer it's just cooking it, and the less thoroughly you cook something the more life it will have left in it. doesn't matter if you spend 200000000 on your vape and it's the finest one on earth or 200. turn it down, and lower the time you draw the air through the material. most "good" desktop vapes DO NOT have timers anyway, so it's more a usage issue than a quality one. tons of us are saying it's worthwhile for a reason. we aren't all making it up.

waste not, want not.

I have always been of the opinion that a good vaporizer will not leave anything useable behind. What is left behind smells like burned popcorn and should be trashed.

I ran across this article tonight and now I am wondering....

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2016/02/how-to-make-edibles-with-already-vaped-weed/

Another reason i like wax or oil. Dont have to guess if somethings left.

Conceivably, then we should be able to make wax or rosin out of AVB (and actually see what is left)?

rosin not likely since it's probably cooked too far, and too dry. i'd guess you could get something with a solvent no problem. i don't think it would taste the best, but would prob make caps just fine.

I will just continue to trash the leftovers.

I do not want to even think of what that material will taste like when re used. Yuck! I cannot get past that burned popcorn smell! ha ha

That crap taste nasty as hell. I remember smoking some left over from my Digital Extreme and it choked the **** out of me. Its just that if your not getting everything out of your dank Vapping,,whats the freaking purpose? When i smoke a joint i get it all,,my pipe,,i get it all,,dabbing,,i get it all,,wax i get it all,,vapping oil,,i get it all,,,so why the hell would i want to have to cook leftovers to finish off my dank? I would rather cook with good fresh Weed,,,,not unvapped left over crap. Just my opinion,,,course ya know what they say bout opinions. Lol

i think that you are missing the point. normally you'd just burn it, and get a fraction of the content anyway since you burned it. it also tastes harsh like smoke, and you throw away the ash.

when you vape it you get the most possible extraction. MORE active ingredients are released, and the terps present in the material are not burned, so you get better results on the front end, and the possibility to reuse material you'd normally burn away on the back end. It makes the same amount of material reusable, as you are extracting it more than once. an option lost once you burn stuff.

vaping vs burning isn't an argument, and you can't debate it without sounding foolish. vaping will release more active ingredients, and when you don't cook something thoroughly it can cook more. that's a fact.

it's like comparing the function of a camp fire to a state of the art convection oven... one works better. (both have a place fore sure)

plus i think people are missing the part about edibles or capsules. if you can taste it in brownies, or a capsule you swallow, you aren't doing it right. (why would you try to smoke vaped weed? that's like the vape equiv of a roach)

Like i said,,,i cook with fresh Green. I decarb with fresh Dank. I throw the other crap away,,,But as i said before,,to each his own. We can agree to disagree. As for why i tried to smoke the crap,,,well because i was out of weed and my dumb *** gave it a try. And yes i use to smoke my roaches like every freaking body i knew when they ran out of fresh weed. Are You saying you never smoked a roach?
You do what you do my friend,,you like making caps outta stuff thats already been used,,,go ahead,,,i will decarb and make mine out of fresh Green. And to me making caps outta that crap aint no different then making out of a bunch of roaches. Is there stuff left,,,yes,,who cares,,its still nasty to me.

You hit the nail on the head, it's the equivalent of saving roaches. You could assert that they're just crap and you should throw them away, but they aren't and many people find them useful.. baking functional edibles, or capsules out of something you'd normally throw in the trash is not a stupid thing to do. You just personally can't be bothered and that's fine. It's not the exercise in futility that some people would paint it out to be.

Nobody is asserting that they are going to be the best edibles, or caps, but they are palatable, functional, and almost free.

:48:

Got it. Course it dont much matter for me because i dont vapp anything but oil or wax anymore,,and ,i do not roll joints anymore because my 60 yr old lungs need a break from paper. Now i use my glass pipe or bong. But ill keep it in mind next time i vapp green and need caps.

do you reclaim your rig? i clean that bad boy with grain, and evap it. that **** makes great caps :)

for puffing order is usually:
1 oil rig
2 vape (wax or dry pen)
3 bong
4 paper
5 harsh
6 yuck
7 ???
8 profit? (I wish) hah :confused2:

:48:

Got it. Course it dont much matter for me because i dont vapp anything but oil or wax anymore,,and ,i do not roll joints anymore because my 60 yr old lungs need a break from paper. Now i use my glass pipe or bong. But ill keep it in mind next time i vapp green and need caps.

As I am never one who wants to not use anything that still has "something" left in it, I did try using AVB in caps. Although my AVB is light brown in color (I do not burn the sh*t out of it), I did not get any kind of high out of it at all. I could be just me as I am a very experienced consumer, but I did expect something after all the talk about ABV still having cannabinoids. So, like burnin, I will continue to throw it away.

I'd extract it with some grain and make caps with the oil you get out of it, you'd have to make horse pills and eat several if you just grind it up and fill caps.... I suspect a lot of that is tolerance also... some people need 20mg - some need 200+ to get to the same place.

Well, yes, I am what you would call an "experienced" toker. I'm sure tolerance is an issue. One of the great things about growing your own though is that you do not need to use things that have already been used to make new things. I think I will continue to throw away my AVB and make oils with something I know that will give me return for my money.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...I just had to give it a try.

I will just continue to trash the leftovers.

I do not want to even think of what that material will taste like when re used. Yuck! I cannot get past that burned popcorn smell! ha ha

I've actually rolled that **** into a joint I am embarrassed to admit, horrible. But I finished the joint and got off but hideous, never again. I'll try those caps though, I see lots of green in mine sometimes.

I must have been thinking about smoking something else, no way I could finish that joint and it stunk up the place.
What a great thread, I have jars of the stuff, pretty dark though, still haven't used it in anything. I have same vape as THG and run mine just shy of combustion :) My stuff is landfill I'm afraid

Latest posts

Back