Predatory mites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyfits

Reaction score
I have just noticed the evidence of spider mites on 2 of my plants, and have been researching. Is it true that predatory mites can fix this problem in the early stages?

Where can I purchase these predatory mites? I have been looking all over and cannot find a supplier.

yes these predatory mites can take them out but only if you havent sparyed your plants with any sort of pesticide,but since you have notcied the mites in the early stage you could possibly get rid of them with pyrethrum or neem oil an ian in n.z so wouldnt have a clue where you get them over there

What i found to be a good way to slowing down and tring to eliminate
these pest are. STICKY BOARDS..that is baited.

I will be using them from now on in all my pots.

just as a prevention.

I found some laying around my store. Took some home put them
in my pots. A day or two later, I looked. I was Amazed of
how much stuff it caught. and also knocked gnat issue.

There looked like some dust on them, under a micro scope
they turned out to be some type of larvae. Gnat im assuming.

And its amazing how much more its trapping, putting a dent into
their life cycle.

So I take them out when I water, put them back in when im done.

SO If I was you.. Spray them down with some organic fruit veg stuff,
then get some sticky boards, that you can fold into a triangle and
place them in your pots..

Working like a charm for me

Id say like mrpuff said and stonedsmithy said try the sticky tapes and get some neem oil. Im pretty sure they would have either one at your local gardening store. Good luck.

cool thanks everyone! I actually got some predator mites and am putting in today. Knock those EDITout!

I also will definitely get some sticky boards since I have a small gnat issue which I'm sure would keep growing otherwise. You're all cool as hell thanks for your help!

Site rules..
1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

Simply put, cussing is not necessary and should not be used. If you feel like cussing in a private message to another member who is tolerant of it, then that's fine. The use of cussing in the open forums is not acceptable as polite conversation. Please just talk without using profanity.

I swear by dishsoap and water. put a few drops in a spray bottle, spray on them and let go dry, then spray again. Pay good attention to the undersides since that is where they are. My unc told me about this method and trust me, it works. I sprayed a week and a half ago and i havent seen ONE on her since.

:yeahthat: then you have to give your growing space a good clean, or you`ll have problems with them for the next grow too.they keep coming back man.
i changed my grow area all together from fear that the little crap-heads would return:holysheep: :lama: :goodposting:

"NEVER"..have I seen a single treatment of anything, Avid, soap, neem, ect. eliminate mites.
Mites are the most difficult of pests to eliminate. Without close daily inspections, they grow into huge numbers before they are ever detected. By the time you've discovered the problem by observation of the plants health, they are a huge population and are going to be hell to deal with.

mastersat'...I advise you to look closely with a scope. If you truely had mites, one dose of soapy water didn't eliminate them.."trust me"..;)
"Persistance" is important. Treat them every three days for at least two weeks.

Latest posts

Back