Recommend soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Fox Farm but I use the Happy Frog. Many people use the Ocean Forest but I fond it a little too hot.

I also use Fox Farm nutes.

That depends on if you will feed organic or synthetic nutrients. If you want to grow organically then you can get several organic soils from the local stores such as Home Depot/Lowes or other "gardening" stores. These will work as a base medium, but you will need to add amendments to it to better serve the plants. Or buy an organic nutrient solution that you can add to you watering regimen. If you are going to feed synthetic nutes then you can go with any medium that has good aeration(drains well so roots don't stay soaking in moisture). I personally shy away from anything with nutrients already added as these have a set nutrient level that is general purpose, and can be challenging to balance with the needs of Cannabis (which is very need specific). You can actually use a commercial organic medium and then feed with synthetic nutes. The organic medium may be better than the prenuted mediums as it should have better aeration properties (drains well). Hope this helps :)

i like happy frog in top half for young and ocean forest (hot), on bottom half of pot. works well for me.

Happy Frog for me also.I can usually get through my veg cycle with just Ph'd water in 3 gal pots.I even clone straight in Happy Frog also instead of my seed starting mix.I find it feeds them as they root and allows me a little more time to transplant without them stretching or yellowing on me.It may take you a couple different trys to find one that works for you.GL

This post is very useful for me, I am a beginner, I also need to face many choices

Does anyone remember Black Gold? I used to cut my Foxfarm Ocean Forest with it. Or Roots Organic. Both work well with a half and half cut of Ocean Forest. Right now I'm Using just Plain old Ocean Forest on my Winter Tomatoes about a month in and just added Nutes to them last night. Unsulphered Blackstrap Mollasses at a Tablespoon per Gallon, Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed at 1 Ounce per Gallon and TNB Naturals Soil Conditioner at a Tablespoon Per Gallon. Im also using TNB CO2 Generator, The Enhance in my tent and my Tomato Plants are Loving it. Granted I didn't Plant seedlings in the Ocean Forest, I kept them in Solo Cups until they were about 7-8" tall. pH balanced all to 6.7 as Tomatoes like a slightly acidic Soil. I don't grow pot at the moment because of the illegality in my Current State but I haven't forgotten how. Its just I'm relocating to California within a Year and why risk it, Considering Indiana Has some of the Strictest Marijuana Laws in the Nation. :)

Latest posts

Back