hiding a plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I may have to try and hide a couple of soil potted plants in a small space for a day or two if some work has to be done at our place.
I have a small plastic garden tool shed that is about 4 feet tall and the plants are only about 2 feet tall.
My question is, how much harm might I inflict on the plants if I have to lock them up in the little shed, in the dark and not much heat, for a day or two?
They would be in mid flower at the time. and they are photoperiods.
I worry that I might ruin them or kill them.
Also, if I have to harvest a plant that is still flowering, would the immature flowers be any good for making butter?
I read that the underdeveloped pot will have a more unpleasant, anxious effect if you smoke it, but I regularly make butter from the lower popcorn buds that never really matured and it's ok that way.
Thanks for any advice.

Two days in the dark should be ok if they are warm enough. What are your temperatures at night?

You could also put a light in the shed which during daylight would not be noticed so much and also provide a little warmth at night. If they are in veg., a little light IMO would be better than dark. Either way, you will probably be OK.

Temps can go down to 3-5C at night, but I could warm them up with a small oil radiator in the shed.
At the moment, I'm trying to plan ahead for if I have to do this, and I am also worried about having them herm on me with a few shocks of cold and reduced light.
If all that happened was that they slowed down a bit for a while, that would be fine.

On a related topic, if you have to cut down a plant before it's ready and only in mid flower, is it worth it to salvage the immature buds and sugar leaves and try to use them in canna butter, or would the immature buds produce a nervous sort of high like you can get from smoking unripe pot?
I notice that the cannabutter I make from the leaves and popcorn buds of my matured harvested plants is very nice and pleasant and I read that the popcorn buds are almost as ripe as the rest of the plant anyway since they have had time to ripen even though they look pale and fluffy.

I wouldn't use the pot that is half ready. not a pleasant high if any at all. Sorry.

try keep some ventilation and not suffocate them

a couple days will be okay. the low temps will just slower them down. we had lost power for a week with low temps and found that they just slowed down and got a brighter green. power restored and back to normal. if you can put a small heater in with them

Set up a timer and a light in there for warmth and so it's not dark 24/7. If you can warm the area I think that is the most important IMO, at the Temps you posted the roots will get way to cold. Good luck

Latest posts

Back