reflectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalikisu

Reaction score
hey guys and girls i just wanted to know if the windshield shades for cars are a good reflector. Im know not to use aluminum foil because of hotspots and things. if you dont know what the car shades are let me know and i'll up a flick. i just want to get an opinion. holla

Are they fire proof? Or at least flame retardent. Put one against a bulb and see if it melts. If it does then your bulb is toast and you have your answer. Better to find out now then have it fall while you are away and come home to a burnt down house.

I like a good flat white latex paint. This a been proven to be an effective reflector and safe as well.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

well i got these tacked to the wall you know to reflect off the wall and things. but i do need one of those light fixture reflectors for my hps right now i just got the light open and shining. nah i dont have these on my light fixture. i just want to make the best use of my lighting.

kalikisu said:
hey guys and girls i just wanted to know if the windshield shades for cars are a good reflector. Im know not to use aluminum foil because of hotspots and things. if you dont know what the car shades are let me know and i'll up a flick. i just want to get an opinion. holla

Just because something looks reflective does not mean that it is--foil and mirrors are good examples. I think these things are made to reflect heat, so I would guess that you may be reflecting a great deal of heat back on your girls. As far as reflective materials go, I would stick with what is tried and true. If you cannot afford mylar or Panda film, flat white paint, as King Kahuuna mentioned, is a good choice.

If you do not have a reflector on your HPS, you are losing over 50% of your light.

Latest posts

Back