Critical super silver haze 4x4 tent grow w scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of days into flower and the stretch is on already. I will do a tuck job on monday. I also have bread ties if needed to keep the canopy low and even. As this is my first real attempt to grow scrog im hoping that my yields will increase. Thats not to just mean weight, quality is part of the yeild equation as well. If i get the same overall weight but less larf/popcorn i will call it a success. So....pic

View attachment 20161215_104320.jpg

Day 7 of flower. I have done a tuck and tie down of the plants to even out the canopy. I have left the top 4 inches of each top to turn up and stretch. Hopefully this gives me the bud carpet that im looking for. I also trimmed some of the buried fan leaves and sucker shoots. They were pale green and not going to make it anyway. It seems counter intuitive to me to cut or tuck anything at this point, but im following the examples of others who have grown this way. I may tuck and trim all the way up to day 14 and i will clean out the bottom again at day 21. Due to the heavy foliage of this strain i added two fans to circulate the air inside the tent. I just had a bad feeling about mold and mildew due to the over-packed nature of this canopy. Also, the preflower budsites are all over the place. I took a few pics and will check back in once all the tops turn up to the light...which will prob be 2 days from now. If I had to use one word to describe this strain it would be vigour.
So....pics

View attachment 20161219_114519.jpg

View attachment 20161219_114454.jpg

View attachment 20161219_114506.jpg

View attachment 20161219_114501.jpg

I forgot to mention that i should have used a stiffer net. The one i have is being pushed up in the middle by ss2. Also i will defoliate them after they pick back up.

Nice, I have a delicious critical super silver i have just put in 12/12 a couple days after yourself. Mine is under a 400w hps. First time trying out this strain myself. Doing lst and a bit of super crop to keep things nice and even.

Nice, I have a delicious critical super silver i have just put in 12/12 a couple days after yourself. Mine is under a 400w hps. First time trying out this strain myself. Doing lst and a bit of super crop to keep things nice and even.

Good luck to us both.

I'm still pretty much new to growing, this is only my third one. First one was great i did a bubble bomb by bomb seeds and got 3.5 ounce. Second one was 2 bubble bombs, one was more sat dominant and the other was indica dominant. Unfortunately the indica dominant hermied at about 4 weeks flower and polinated some of the other plant. I ditched the hermie and finished off the other one for about another 5 weeks as it was a bit behind. I got 3.5 ounces of that with the odd seed here and there. Glad i finished it off though as it turned out really nice. I'm aiming for 4+ this time with the critical super silver. It's looking pretty good so far. I can post a pic in a day or 2 if you want to have a look. It isn't as big as your ones though because my tent is only 2.5 x 2.5 foot.

Feel free to post your pics here. Id like to see the structure on your cssh.

In a 6 gallon pot. Accidentally broke off a small top from pinching too hard so I think i may have to go lighter on the super cropping. I will leave it for a few days and have another go at a few more that are stretching a bit more than others. Only starting to see a pistil here and there. She definitely likes to bush out though.

View attachment 20161220_180556.jpg

View attachment 20161220_180544.jpg

I also lifted the light up an extra couple of inches because there was a bit of light green colour coming through. I used 4 55w pl fluro for veg and the hps is a lot brighter than the fluros

How long did you veg? Have you just recently flipped?

A little light green on the top is normal in the first week of 12 12

Not sure of exact days of veg i usually just wait until the plant has filled up the space of the fluorescent bulbs. I'm guessing about 10 weeks since i planted the seed. I'm on day 5 of 12/12 atm. I guess I'm kinda expecting a pretty big stretch as cssh is supposed to be very much sativa dominent. I guess i will find out for sure over the next 10 days or more.

Nice. You should keep me posted. I will have some pics later today or tomorrow. The stretch is real. I had 4 inches in as many days during the end of the first week.

As expected they are all now stretching for the light again after being tied down. Some of the tied down ones are too short so i adjusted them to even out the canopy. I also trimmed everything under the screen again. Its tough getting under there to reach the back of the tent. There are budsites popping up everywhere. Overall im happy with this structure. I think next time around i will be better. I have learned so much about this method of training up to this point. It has been a lot of fun so far.
So..pics

View attachment 20161221_110850.jpg

View attachment 20161221_110836.jpg

View attachment 20161221_111108_HDR.jpg

View attachment 20161221_120721.jpg

Latest posts

Back