Clevers grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clever_intuition

Reaction score
Hey whats up peoples. I am starting my new grow log and I am hoping that what I have learned from my first grow will make this one better.

Here we go I planted my seeds (4 to be exact) in peat pellets and kept them watered using tap water. Where I live the PH level of water is neutral. I have found this to be very benificial so far.

With in 4-5 days 3 had sprouted and I transplanted them into 1qt pots going with 4/8ths Miricle Grow (Organic) soil, 2/8ths Vermiculite, 2/8ths Perilite and 1 tsp hydrated lime.

I watered them with "Hi-Yield" root stimulator (5-12-3) and will continue this with every 4 waterings until mature.

The plant that never broke earth finally did on the 7th day and looked really bad (yellow and black). I tossed that one.

I also tossed the smaller of the three I had do to my lighting supply. I would have never been able to pull off three. Two is even pushing it but I am going to try. I will toss one if I notice signs of lack of light, or I might keep them smaller (Bigger than a micro grow though).

The light I sprouted them with were 4 48" fluorescent EcoLux bulbs by 'GE lighting', They are 40 watts a piece and produce 3000 lumens a piece (Thats 12,000 lumes total).

I have now moved them to 3 26 watt (I think equal to 100 watt light bulbs) CFL's to supply heat since Winter is starting here as well.

They are starting to grow at a rapid pace though. It has not even been a week yet since they broke earth and have a look at them.....

I have a fan that I am blowing onthem for about 2 hours a day for now just to build strong stems. Any longer and I am prolly just wasting energy at this point.

I have supplied pics to show how they are doing. I have also supplied a pic of a fan leaf from my last grow that I have framed:hubba: (Kinda my trophy in a sense) and two pics of the little grow room I have going on.

If I missed anything up unto this point point please feel free to ask and I will have the answers for you.

Wish me all the luck you can give in hopes that my second grow is better and yields more than my first:cool:

First week.jpg

First week 2.jpg

First week 3.jpg

First week 4.jpg

First week 5 with set up.jpg

First week 6 with set up.jpg

First grow fan leaf.jpg

Pot Belly said:
Good luck, Clever. Looking good. Heck of a trophy ya got. Strain?

Bag Seed #1 my friend;)

As well as this grow. I just save the best seeds I get along the road.

I don't know if I trust the whole online seed bank deal regardless of what people say.

i feel the same way, besides homegrown is always better anyway why screw up a good thing

Clever,
Well, another ******* attack on my part.
Posting on your first grow-did'nt see your second till now.
Like the trophy.
I like the bulb arrangment better than the first.
I am going with some CFL's next time around, too.

Later,
Gb

Here is an update. My last pictures were taken on the 7th of December and I think the 10th was their first week since they broke ground.

Today is the 11th and I took some more photos. Man how these babies are growing. Look at the difference since my last photos only 4 days ago!

I feel like I got alittle green goodness this round.

Right now my babies are 1 week and 1 day since breaking earth:D

1 week 1 day 001.jpg

1 week 1 day 002.jpg

1 week 1 day 003.jpg

1 week 1 day 004.jpg

1 week 1 day 005.jpg

kanehduhbuz said:
good growin clever - will b watchin, 4 sure. r u going 2 b using other nutes?

Yeah, once out of veg I will be using rose bloom (18,24,16) but for now I will just use the "Hi-Yield".

First time using the "Hi-Yield" so we will see how it goes:cool:

Hey Clever

That's a neat little grow you have going on. You have enough lumens to grow a great personal sized plant in a 1 to 1.5 sq ft area. Hope you get a female.

Looking at the top of your box, do you have some sort of reflector to keep that light from getting lost up the top of your box? Any way to reflect it downward would gain you some extra lumens.

PB:)

Pot Belly said:
Hey Clever

That's a neat little grow you have going on. You have enough lumens to grow a great personal sized plant in a 1 to 1.5 sq ft area. Hope you get a female.

Looking at the top of your box, do you have some sort of reflector to keep that light from getting lost up the top of your box? Any way to reflect it downward would gain you some extra lumens.

PB:)

Yes, I have a top reflector for when the plant gets big enough to absorb the light from that hieght.

Ok just a quik update for every one. No pictures yet though. I have threw my plants in to flower now they were about 8" tall when I did it and i now know that I have one sativa and one indica strain growing. Thats pretty cool. I will post pictures this weekend.:cool:

Here are my two. I have not been able to sex them yet but soon ladys and gents.....soon enough :cool:

If you notice some brown leaves on the bottom of the plants it is because I neglected to water them when they were in the smaller containers. They are both now in 1 wide square 6 gallon bucket.

You will prolly ask about them getting root bound. I do not expect this since I started flowering them when thay were so small. I make a correction too to my last post they were 6" tall when I threy them into flower and now are about 8 and 3/4" tall.

Here are sative 1 and indica 2:D

Christmas 2007 001.jpg

Christmas 2007 002.jpg

Christmas 2007 003.jpg

Christmas 2007 004.jpg

Christmas 2007 005.jpg

Christmas 2007 006.jpg

Christmas 2007 007.jpg

Christmas 2007 008.jpg

Christmas 2007 009.jpg

hi clever - it would have been better if u could seperate those girls - cause the sativa will be hoggin all the lite - way taller than indica. seperate + put the indica on something 2 equal top heights., if not the indica is gonna stretch up, reachin 4 lite producing thinner, liter buds. (at least, thats what i think will happen) good luck clever - i'll b watchin

kanehduhbuz said:
hi clever - it would have been better if u could seperate those girls - cause the sativa will be hoggin all the lite - way taller than indica. seperate + put the indica on something 2 equal top heights., if not the indica is gonna stretch up, reachin 4 lite producing thinner, liter buds. (at least, thats what i think will happen) good luck clever - i'll b watchin

Good comment kanehduhbuz, I do have a a system that allows me to adjust lighting on each plant. and still have the full spectrum lighting both at different points. This is my first try growing two like this.....so we will see.;)

:cool: And yes some green mojo would be nice........we will hope they are both females.

yes clever - go green mojo - say, did u take a cutting from each plant + just toss the cuttings into a glass of h2o? easy way 2 do cloning. good luck

Last time I tried that they rotted.....Do not ask me what went wrong because I don't know. I am just simply trying to master growing right now.......I have seeds for years my freind.:hubba:

hey im a noob...i have a seed of what i like to call KB...Killer Bud. i planted the seed about 3 days before my mom passed away...the plant poped out pure purple march 5th, the day of her passing. it was purple for almost 3 days, stem, leaves, and all. it finally turned green as hell...but it wasnt until the 20th that it started growing its second layer of leaves...i put it under 18 hrs direct sunlight every day so far...packing soil around the stem every day, talking to it, i mean everything in the book. im trying to be patient as possible but how on earth did yours grow so fast?? i dont believe in anything artificially stimulating its growth...so how do i speed up its growth otherwise? a good seed should grow fast right?

Your right homegrown is the best & they plants look sweet enough I thought this was a hydoponics site is it not never the less sweet m8 peace

Latest posts

Back